End of Round Awards - Discussion

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Re: End of Round Awards - Discussion

Alcibiades said:
Sent by: BuddhaGunners alliance HQ Sat 22nd Nov, 2008. 23:06:37 GMT Reply Forward
Subject:
Hello Leader/CO of Desperados,

I am contacting you on behalf of the Resistance aiming to remove Exitlude from the top spot. You are the highest ranked alliance not involved, if you wish to be involved then contact myself via alliance mail.

If you are not with us, then you are against us, and you're acres would be better used in the possession of people with the balls to fight the top.

Have a nice day,

BG Leadership.

That was the source of my anger against you for the most part, super lame mail. Just... wow.

As for organizing, I was almost certain you'd organized that rather poor multi target hit when there simply weren't enough troops to spread around; but it turns out it was Twigley who was the chief architect of the overly complicated resistance. I'd have to review the logs more carefully but there was an awful lot of pissing about and pointless arguing (from all participants). I"m not entirely sure it wasn't two different attacks but meh. I'm sorry if I got you confused in that convo. My apologies on that score....

Mate, you will never upset me by what you say so no apologies necessary, but after that if you recall we did have a conversation, in my mind clearing it up about me being a d*ck in the message?? It seems a bit unfair that you still bring up that message after it had been discussed, as you know that was me individually, not BG as an alliance.

:2gunfire:

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

Enrico said:
BYOBFor being useless in getting a resistance on Khaos running.

i was being asked to organise a resistance during the busiest weekend of my uni term...
had reports and papers due in all the following week and had tons of other work to do aswell

real life and my education > bushtarion

oh and the fact that we have been consistently inactive with up to 5 players missing and unable to get online at a time
with holidays, work trips etc. taking priority over bush

but hey think what you like....

Wacky

Planter

Summary:
We (Desperados) played how we wanted, deal with it. The round is almost over, shutup.

Ahead

Head Gardener

Firstly, I didn't forget about it Ogluk, but tbh you were 2nd or 3rd (and close to 2nd) when they hit iirc, whereas Desp were just 4th.. below both of them. But we can add their teaming up on BYOB as well as Desp to the "Exitnuub pussy rating" ;) :p

Twigley said:
First of all let's not forget it took 3+ alliances at all times (After it failed epicly) to take down an alliance with just thugs and pom who where so inactive.

Ahead said:
Worst Alliance: Snip. Exitnuub for lying, making up stories and other general "verbal epic fails". Snip.

Worst Moment of Round: Watching BG and Exitnuub team up like pussies on Desp..

A) Where did we lie?
B) Desperados had no complaints about massing BYOB with us and felt the need to jump on the "Let's rape Exitlude now they are rank 5" bandwagon with the rest of you. It's called revenge and reaping what you sow.
C) Oh i just read who wrote this - Ahead - Rofl !

Ha! So glad my post caused some controversy and one of the people I expected to reply did.. excellent :)

Well you've made an "EPIC verbal FAIL" in your post there too :p Omitting things. Firstly, you were contactable and ALWAYS had at least 5/6 people online at a time with another 8-10 being contactable; being that contactable and active counts as active, so don't try and big-up your alliance by claiming you were inactive and only had like 2 people online when the resistances came, cos that's BS. Epic fail #1!

Maybe it did take 3 alliances to take you down, but seeing as you were (quote) "ha 5 times bigger than rank 2" or whatever.. 3 alliances taking down one that's bigger than their total combined score seems pretty damn good to me :) Epic fail #2!
(the two above paragraphs can answer A)

B) I think Desperados merely sent for land after BYOB had already lost a lot.. common sense tbh. And Desp were one of the alliances in the resistance hit when we crippled you, I would know I organised it, and I can say that they were definitely involved, so don't start accusing them of only starting to hit you when you were rank 5. (notice how the epic fails keep mounting up?! :p) Also I don't understand the statement "Let's rape Exitlude now they are rank 5".. we raped you when you were rank 1, and kept raping you until you were rank 7 or so, as a resistance should. A decent resistance shouldn't stop until the ally you're resisting against is no longer a threat. That's what we did..

C) Me writing the post makes no difference at all, notice how I wrote it from a generally unbiased perspective, as I wasn't even in KHaoS for the whole round. The fact that you have to pick out me being the author of the post just shows how you're nit-picking for arguments that don't exist :) I have no bad histories or anything with any of the Exitnuub members, so me writing the post makes no difference. Ty :)

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

I picked you out as your always talking the same rubbish Ahead.
Join in on issues that you have only been told about.
The people who understand what has happened this round in Khaos are the "officers" who are the only ones not talking BS.

A) We where not that strong it's called making yourself look strong by saying that you are X times bigger. You wouldnt know how to run an alliance.

B) I was talking about Desp hitting us after we lost rank 1, not you.

C) Im correcting your BS claims which never existed.

Also please show me where Exitlude have complained about being massed / bashed etc this round?
We havn't.
Unlike most.
Guess why?

We are NOT pussys - it's a war game in a fun mini round 5 min tick world and we understand this.

Enrico said:
Lude not staying out of our war with BG at the end Just let the better ally take third, not like your position is in any danger! You are all ready the best of the losers. :roll:

It was never yours and BG's war.
It was my idea for both allies to declare you where just too small when we did it at the end of a tick.

Please ask MattM or whoever i mailed IRC logs to in your alliance for information.

Here is yet again another case of "[h:194ups8m]I only see things how other people tell me but don't understand the real reasons behind them[/h:194ups8m]".

MattM said sorry, i think you should.

Ahead

Head Gardener

Twigley said:
I picked you out as your always talking the same rubbish Ahead.
Join in on issues that you have only been told about.
The people who understand what has happened this round in Khaos are the "officers" who are the only ones not talking BS.

A) We where not that strong it's called making yourself look strong by saying that you are X times bigger. You wouldnt know how to run an alliance.

B) I was talking about Desp hitting us after we lost rank 1, not you.

C) Im correcting your BS claims which never existed.

Also please show me where Exitlude have complained about being massed / bashed etc this round?
We havn't.
Unlike most.
Guess why?

We are NOT pussys - it's a war game in a fun mini round 5 min tick world and we understand this.

I know basically as much as the officers in KHaoS from after I joined. I also organised most of the last few resistances on you, so I also know what happened there.

A) Really? Seeing as none of you had anybody in range when I joined KHaoS, you must have been at least 3 times bigger than rank 2 so even if you were exaggerating, you weren't exaggerating that much. It was close in terms of staff in the 3 resistance alliances and Exit. And you're right clearly I don't know how to run an alliance, even though I have done so in the past.

B) What does that have to do with anything though? Desp were hitting you when you were rank 1 and rank 5, same as all the other resistance allies?

Saying that attacking an alliance ranked below you with another alliance just because they did it to you is basically complaining about being bashed. You may not say it in the traditional nooby sense as in "omg i have so much inc, bashes ftl", but the way you and people in your alliance keep bringing up "how many alliances it took to take us down", and "you reap what you sow, we're bashing people cos they did it to us! zomg" shows that you are really bothered about it. Basic psychology..

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Ahead said:
B) What does that have to do with anything though? Desp were hitting you when you were rank 1 and rank 5, same as all the other resistance allies?

Saying that attacking an alliance ranked below you with another alliance just because they did it to you is basically complaining about being bashed. You may not say it in the traditional nooby sense as in "omg i have so much inc, bashes ftl", but the way you and people in your alliance keep bringing up "how many alliances it took to take us down", and "you reap what you sow, we're bashing people cos they did it to us! zomg" shows that you are really bothered about it. Basic psychology..

They never really hit us when we where rank 1.
Your misinformed, again.

Tis a good job i did Psychology.
Im not complaining Desp hit us with the rest AFTER we got took off rank 1.
I clearly said we where getting revenge. There is a BIG BIG difference.
Huge infact.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Thanks for the vote and the argument for our side Ahead but save your energy, and time. This discussion ain't worth fighting anymore ;) We know how we played and how we feel about it and I've explained it to the best of my ability and temper and there's no sense in going further. Next round is coming anyway, and revenge is a dish best eaten cold. :evil:

Wacky

Planter

Alcibiades said:
Next round is coming anyway, and revenge is a dish best eaten cold. :evil:

*hands Alci his E-penis.* You may borrow this if you like, it may come in handy for all these e-penis type battles.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

Twigley said:
*snip*
Enrico said:
Lude not staying out of our war with BG at the end Just let the better ally take third, not like your position is in any danger! You are all ready the best of the losers. :roll:

It was never yours and BG's war.
It was my idea for both allies to declare you where just too small when we did it at the end of a tick.

Please ask MattM or whoever i mailed IRC logs to in your alliance for information.

Here is yet again another case of "[h:c26pa6e9]I only see things how other people tell me but don't understand the real reasons behind them[/h:c26pa6e9]".

MattM said sorry, i think you should.

I only said sorry about having a go at you in #bushtarion about bashing us whilst we're at war with BG. Also, I understand that you want to declare war on us, fair enough. It doesn't make all this SNAP nonsense with BG any more of a legitimate argument, given that they were in the resistance against you too ("oh, they stopped once we weren't rank 1"... yeah, whatever, cut the crap). What you're doing is try to legitimize a SNAP bash atm; don't get my wrong this has happened for rounds, part of the game etc. etc. Don't try to pass yourself off as completely innocent though.

Ahead

Head Gardener

Twigley said:
Ahead said:

They never really hit us when we where rank 1.
Your misinformed, again.

Nope, nope. I must tell you that YOU are in fact misinformed. Having organised a few resistances prior to, and the resistance which gave the big BR that we won - the turning point of the round; I can 100% definitely tell you that Desp were in the channel and they sent at you. Were you rank 1 when this occured? Yes. Desp sent on 90% of the resistance hits I organised / took part in. (I've already admitted that I know very little on attacks previous to this so I have no idea whether they sent or not but this still counts as them attacking you!)

Desp even took a more active part in organising than BYOB and BG did on the last hits which crippled you!

Twigley said:
Tis a good job i did Psychology.
Im not complaining Desp hit us with the rest AFTER we got took off rank 1.
I clearly said we where getting revenge. There is a BIG BIG difference.
Huge infact.

Getting revenge for something clearly shows that you are bitter about it; thus you were annoyed about them hitting you with other alliances otherwise you wouldn't have bothered tarnishing the Exitlude name by snapping rank 3 and hitting rank 4 with them. Getting revenge for something and keep bringing it up and arguing your case is merely a more subtle form of complaining. True you didn't complain much at the time you were hit, but as I just said... actions speak louder than words :)

And if that's incorrect then the bottom line is: your alliance wasn't good enough at attacking to take down rank 4 on it's own. I'm not denying you have some decent players but with your best player in sleep and several others more concerned about preventing somebody from coming rank 1 than doing anything for their alliance, it looks like Exitlude has fallen to tatters. -> Started well; may as well have not finished.

Edit: Just for the records, I felt that Desp had a good, solid round. Defence was tight when khaos started hitting them, and they got me a couple of times :p Good round Desp! You played a better round than Exitnuub and BG.

Elderveld

Official Helper

Revenge is not a way to show that we were bitching about we got bashed, we knew it would of happend and we took it brave, put up a verry hard fight whit all the noob incomings. And we never bitched!

We just want to kill those who killed us. When we begun the wars, BYOB AND DESP were both above us in value. After a week of random attacks on byob, we just simply outgrow them, then we decided to do it properly and organise it for once, and they fall in one nite (wtfomgeasy?) anyway we did not know it went that easy and we wanted to kill desp aswell, BEFORE we killed byob. So we cant help it that both Desp/byob were to inactive or cba to play. And now bitching noobing and w/e about us killing them. TAKE IT!

Also who ever claimed WE SHOULD OF WIN, because we rock (ofc we do), but because of bad leadership and bad deciscions about rout setup and stuff. Go hunt a kangaroo or sumthing.
We played for fun! and picked a F-U-N ( can u all read that now?) route setup.

dafe

Harvester

Ahead said:
Edit: Just for the records, I felt that Desp had a good, solid round. Defence was tight when khaos started hitting them, and they got me a couple of times :p Good round Desp! You played a better round than Exitnuub and BG.

my best moment of the round was probably pwning your td's (and other robos you sent) on defending myself, thnx for that moment :)

lightseeker

Weeder

I was gonna keep quiet until I saw this pile of garbage post.

Elderveld said:
After a week of random attacks on byob, we just simply outgrow them.

Just to point out this was a week of fairly organised attacks from Exitlude and BG's plus a few randoms from KHaoS, in which time we we're saving seeds.

Elderveld said:
then we decided to do it properly and organise it for once, and they fall in one nite (wtfomgeasy?) anyway we did not know it went that easy

So after a week of incoming from the lower guys in KHaoS trying to land on 3 or 4 of our bigger members, and you and BG's on our small inactive players, we had about 13/14 players who would have all had to be online to fight against both you and BG when you decided to "do it properly".

Elderveld said:
Also who ever claimed WE SHOULD OF WIN, because we rock (ofc we do), but because of bad leadership and bad deciscions about rout setup and stuff. Go hunt a kangaroo or sumthing.
We played for fun! and picked a F-U-N ( can u all read that now?) route setup.

OK so you were playing for F-U-N.
You had 20 of the most active players at round start and were miles ahead after the first week because of your choice of route (stupidly quick tech, Low ETA's), from an outside perspective this seems like a FTW ally but anywho. You stayed on bad attacks and recalled from attacks that would have killed a lot lot more than you would have lost. This would have killed off the allies which ended up resisting you. Everyone knows you had the chance to win but because of some bad moves you screwed yourselves over and then blamed the bad route setup for everything.

That's my view on the things that happened in BYOB.

You can put polish your own s**t any way you like.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

lightseeker said:
I was gonna keep quiet until I saw this pile of garbage post.

Elderveld said:
After a week of random attacks on byob, we just simply outgrow them.

Just to point out this was a week of fairly organised attacks from Exitlude and BG's plus a few randoms from KHaoS, in which time we we're saving seeds.

Fairly organised? Oh LoL. Your criteria for a "farily" organised attack must be really really REALLY low.

lightseeker said:
Elderveld said:
then we decided to do it properly and organise it for once, and they fall in one nite (wtfomgeasy?) anyway we did not know it went that easy

So after a week of incoming from the lower guys in KHaoS trying to land on 3 or 4 of our bigger members, and you and BG's on our small inactive players, we had about 13/14 players who would have all had to be online to fight against both you and BG when you decided to "do it properly".

Look mate, if you think that 1/2 players who randomly send at you is "an organised" attack, then you need to reconsider ;)

BYOB died at the first properly organised and well spread attack. I dunno the reasons, but no defenses were sent, players weren't getting online.

lightseeker

Weeder

f0xx said:
Fairly organised? Oh LoL. Your criteria for a "farily" organised attack must be really really REALLY low.

Fairly organised, ie you sent on same tick en masse. Yes not a properly organised attack but still required some form of organisation.
It was more or less the same thing that ended up killing us when you say you planned it properly.

Look mate, if you think that 1/2 players who randomly send at you is "an organised" attack, then you need to reconsider ;)

BYOB died at the first properly organised and well spread attack. I dunno the reasons, but no defenses were sent, players weren't getting online.

See above.
Yeah pretty much as you said players not coming online and getting obliterated and then, as any ally that gets killed, more people start to attack and less people defend.

Elderveld

Official Helper

lightseeker said:
f0xx said:

Fairly organised, ie you sent on same tick en masse. Yes not a properly organised attack but still required some form of organisation.
It was more or less the same thing that ended up killing us when you say you planned it properly.

How the hell do you guy's attack in byob? are u all solo'rs who happen to be in a group of 20 people that wont play together and sometimes send def?

Dont know about u, But Exitlude was a team. any form of attacks we send at you was like:

10.00 - Person A. Hey im sending an attack at id xxxx, feel free to follow
10.02 - Person B. Sure ill send next tick
10.03 - Person C. mind if i send some leths along??? im just for the kills.

Somewat like that, at friday, it was the first time our troops were grounded and everyone was orderd to hit id xxxx whit person A/B/C/D and person E/F/G take id xxx
bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla....

Nitrous

Head Gardener

lightseeker said:
OK so you were playing for F-U-N.
You had 20 of the most active players at round start and were miles ahead after the first week because of your choice of route (stupidly quick tech, Low ETA's), from an outside perspective this seems like a FTW ally but anywho.

20 most active players eh? Got anything to prove that? No? Thought not. Please, please, *please*, do not make assumptions.

Our original plan was to have low eta units so we could rush whoever was rank 1 at the time and with 5 mintue ticks, it would be frustrating - for them :p We all said that we were going to play for fun.

lightseeker said:
Everyone knows you had the chance to win but because of some bad moves you screwed yourselves over and then blamed the bad route setup for everything.

I agree with the chance to win. But for "the bad moves" we made - recalling off of attacks that were either faked/defended poorly and then staying on attacks that were defended well against. [h:3ua735kt]EVERYONE [/h:3ua735kt] makes those mistakes!! We just may have had it happen to us more than once and was noticed more because we were rank 1 at the time.:p Can you also explain any other "bad moves" we made which screwed ourselves over? And don't say our route set-up. We were playing for F-U-N ( Elda ;) ). It was a blast whilst it lasted, if we were playing ftw, then it would have been a bad decision. So like I said, what other "bad moves"?

Also, quote anyone from *my* alliance blaming our bad route set-up.

We lost the round because of a two mains reasons - resistance organisers were highly motivated, persistent and dam annoying (Kudos to organisers <3) but our inactivity was another reason we lost the round.

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

to: Elderveld (still hate you btw :p )
oh we attack like that aswell, problem always was, there was never more than half a dozen people online at one time EVER except for the rare occasions we decided to get more than that online

BYOB was always gunna be laid back (originally also a warm up for a more serious round in the new age, but plans changed as i realised i cba with ftw play ever again) so i never found the need to prank/txt people on all the time

Polo said:
Worst Alliance: BYOB for doing what their group always does...nothing.
so right, first time i lead and we're being accused of doing what another group always does.......

yes alot of my players have played together before, but that helped us have the friendly fun atmosphere which i was aiming for when i formed to god damn thing, after switching from the original plan after a fair few people didnt show up....

oh and yes Lude and BGs were smaller when they first declared the war, then if i recall BGs withdrew their war declaration after we did some damage to them :p (yes with help from barcodes but hey, u gunna play 2 against 1, we thought we'd try and even it out for a while) and then on friday the giggles really began!!!! 4 of us hit Lude causing them to withdraw their war declaration (yes i hadnt declared back at them, more out of the fact it had petered out into bugger all for almost a week) and then them and BGs finished us off (they were both bigger than us at this point so no shock they won really), it had been a long time coming and i had been shocked we'd lasted aslong as we had done, but with christmas fast approaching real life and family stuff was rapidly filling up more time, so our already low activity was dropping anyway

BYOB! Bring your own Bashes! :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Ogluk said:
then if i recall BGs withdrew their war declaration after we did some damage to them :p (yes with help from barcodes but hey, u gunna play 2 against 1, we thought we'd try and even it out for a while)

Yes, I withrew it to scare the noobs away and hey, it worked. In the meantime we also killed Noobs, got us fat and happy and then re-declared on you to finish the work.