End of Round Awards - Discussion

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon
Re: End of the round awards!!

Little addition :
Martin i can't see why you're so desperate to win individual rankings/stats with cheating. You made a bad name of yourself in the past with that, yet the only way you win anything this days is mutual attacks. Congrats on your bounty rank btw.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

That is a vicious stab, DarkSider.

I left Exitlude to try and get rank 1 in bounty because portalling in other ways is of no interest to me, I have since then been sending at members but to no avail due to their defence. (Everyone knows this and it is how I have my worst player label for this round).
I have been trying lots in recent days to hit other individuals who are also on my enemies list, including the individual I had a BR with. I asked him if he was not a scorequeen and brave enough to fight me 1v1 as he kept getting defence, he actually said he would. I was seeing if he had the "balls" to fight me (using that psycological stance to my gain). He came online and I sent.
The BR was not staged, I did not ask him to run units, although it seems I overestimated my own units and would have hardly fired anyway which would have been stupidly embarassing!!

Saying I have cheated before? If you are refering to the round that I was Bunkers, I did not cheat, it looked like I did just because I attacked Polo, if it was anyone else they would not have been peanalised, but Azzer had to make an example of me which I am still very annoyed about.

I spied the individual after I saw your post so I could see your view on it, and he hit someone and got 'free land', I know the person who lost the land doesn't mind losing score so he can kill more people. So that is as equally mutual as me sending at him for my gain, and he took the opportunity to lose score, or test units which I think was his main goal.

I am not active, nor am I a maths genius, I have and will always play the game psycologically to try and do well, this is just an example of this.

*edit* - this is also not the thread to have this discussion, so if you wish to continue please start a new thread. You are entitled to your views and opinions, as are everyone else, but this is just a thread to show awards.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

You suck.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

What is?

Cheese

Tree Surgeon

Zigzag
Learnt it yet? ;)
I'm glad somebody finally voted me worst always makes me happy knowing I've done my job of annoying at least one person out there. And I gloated at you because you swore down that Elle who was 2 ticks behind you was safe from our defence... When actually we killed you mid tick and would have killed her her first tick.
Simple as ABC, 1,2,3.

ZigZag

Harvester

Cheese said:
Zigzag
Learnt it yet? ;)
I'm glad somebody finally voted me worst always makes me happy knowing I've done my job of annoying at least one person out there. And I gloated at you because you swore down that Elle who was 2 ticks behind you was safe from our defence... When actually we killed you mid tick and would have killed her her first tick.
Simple as ABC, 1,2,3.

Interesting since I remember she was Eta2 with me attacking for 2 she shows up after the defense and besides I was not attacking you so why pm me

Wacky

Planter

Changed my answer
The Winners: Desperados
The Losers: The poor saps who never learned how to attack alone and rely on 7 other people to show them the ropes :)

Wacky

Planter

Alcibiades said:
blockatiel said:
Worst Real Alliance - Desperados

I don't want to be snippy, but why?

No one except us likes to have fun Alci? This games all about killing and waking up at odd hours to keep your online troops alive! Get your head in the game!!!

blockatiel

Planter

Alcibiades said:
blockatiel said:

Well, your alliance wasn't really bad... it just... didn't really do anything :p The whole "let's not resist and instead get raped willingly" stance you (your alliance) took for the first half of the round was rather annoying, and apart from a brief amount of action near the end of the resistance against exitlude, I can't recall your alliance doing much of anything of note. (Unless I'm forgetting something major, in which case i'd be happy to change it :p)

Wacky

Planter

I'd say our domination in the suicide category of statistics (Satanistic Suiciders: Desperados alliance members have suicided a total of 42 times.) kind of secured the win for us.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

blockatiel said:
Alcibiades said:
blockatiel said:

Well, your alliance wasn't really bad... it just... didn't really do anything :p The whole "let's not resist and instead get raped willingly" stance you (your alliance) took for the first half of the round was rather annoying, and apart from a brief amount of action near the end of the resistance against exitlude, I can't recall your alliance doing much of anything of note. (Unless I'm forgetting something major, in which case i'd be happy to change it :p)

as far as I'm aware, Desperados were formed purely for a fun round, not to get dragged into politics by the OMGSERIUZ alliances. If an alliance doesn't want to join a resistance then that's their choice. They shouldn't get threatened and bullied into doing something they don't want to. That's the way resistances are always run and I think it's pretty pathetic.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

tobapopalos said:
blockatiel said:
Alcibiades said:
blockatiel said:

as far as I'm aware, Desperados were formed purely for a fun round, not to get dragged into politics by the OMGSERIUZ alliances. If an alliance doesn't want to join a resistance then that's their choice. They shouldn't get threatened and bullied into doing something they don't want to. That's the way resistances are always run and I think it's pretty pathetic.

yes they should get bullied, its a valid tactic to use, its a way to get people on your side helping isnt it.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

I just find it funny that Desparados was the 'worst alliance' PURELY because they didn't want to do what everyone else wanted.

Good times. No, not a member.

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

i think there's the point garret. they didnt take part in the round = worst alli :)
although i do agree there were also some other bad allis out there :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer

well see not doing what everyone else wanted != not take part in the game. especially as they ride the ranks pretty high top 5 n all that.

i'm just saying.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Cyrus said:
tobapopalos said:
blockatiel said:
Alcibiades said:
blockatiel said:

yes they should get bullied, its a valid tactic to use, its a way to get people on your side helping isnt it.

Bullying is not a valid kind of behaviour in real life or in games. Shame on you.

Toby is right, we were designed to have fun, and resistances are not fun. Especially ones as poorly organized, and apathetic as this round displayed. We had a blast for the round, and because we didn't join the resistance everyone thinks we're crappy. Hahaha, i couldn't be more amused. I just thought you had a good reason or something blockatiel. Especially coming from DW? The ultimate in resistance allies, and one of the alliances that has been around having 'fun' for approaching 30 rounds. You are entitled to your own opinion of course, as my good friend tana would say, opinions are like assholes, everyone has got one. I would simply prefer that we don't get labelled worst ally because we didn't participate in the round other people wanted to play. Grow up.

We got raped willingly? Are you insane? Get your facts straight you batshit crazy lunatic. You've been taking lessons from Gadfly again, haven't you....

Garrett said:
well see not doing what everyone else wanted != not take part in the game. especially as they ride the ranks pretty high top 5 n all that.

:winner:

Cyrus

Official Helper
Community Operator

i heard that the resistance didnt work. so it must have been poorly organised!

OH WAIT.

:x-mas:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

They were very poorly organized or excessively boring for the most part as far as I was concerned. It took ages to kill an alliance that should've been very easy to kill. And I don't enjoy sitting in IRC rooms having an epenis competition to decide which ally sends where; with whom and generally listen to everyone spout their mouth off and have an ego contest. I just don't play the game for that element of it. Ever. And all it is is hard work to put someone else on top as we weren't going to get rank 1 or keep it even if the unthinkable happened and we did get it. So, must I reiterate that it was my (and most of my alliance mates) opinion that resistances were poorly organized and not effective in helping us have fun.

I'm sure if you enjoy resistances, then you'd enjoy participating in them. As it stands, no one in Desp really had much interest in a resistance.* BORING stuff which was not what we wanted to do this round. So call us whatever you please I guess, can't influence your opinion as much as I'd like. But please at least sort out that not everyone has a common goal or interest in the game. Sheesh...

*The irony coming of course when Nightmare chatted to Ogluk about having a go at Khaos when they were freshly minted rank 1 and then watching BYOB and BG stand on the sidelines whilst they let Khaos run away with rank 1. The irony was overwhelming

EDIT: Anyways, this thread is quickly degenerating (as it does every round). I just in general was curious as to why we got the worst alliance label. Now I have my answer. :)