So.. What does everyone think of 5 min ticks?

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon
Re: So.. What does everyone think of 5 min ticks?

It's nice as a once-off, but I wouldn't not want it to stay this way.

Illumination

Head Gardener

I love the 5 min ticks:) I love being able to spend a few hours online and have multiple attacks in that time (I dunno, perhaps Im just partial towards multiples!). I have attacked more this round than I have for ages (even Bush ages!). It hasnt affected me much, I still have to go to work- so Im still out for a chunck of the day...it just makes my time online that much more enjoyable.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Alvestein said:
i have to say it is VERY entertaining to watch everyone playing 5minute ticks wise and how it's affecting their lives so much. Pretty much having half your life cut off, although i do like the way people are playing bushtarion due to this speed meaning you have less time to decide and everythings not all pristine leaving for mistakes which can be very fun. adds a new dimension to the game in a way. i think 5min ticks would be perfect for maybe times when its a well known holiday period? i.e easter, christmas?
Seconded, but ONLY during Christmas break, twice a year, may be too often....maybe starting December (that way it doesnt collide with exams)? and running till halfway in January? Who would be up for it?

Wacky

Planter

I feel so much more productive when on. It's a lot easier to play catchup if you get killed and like people have said twice the attacks :)
10 minute ticks always bored me, way too long to finish an attack.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Wacky said:
I feel so much more productive when on. It's a lot easier to play catchup if you get killed and like people have said twice the attacks :)
10 minute ticks always bored me, way too long to finish an attack.

Amen.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

thiefs + 5min ticks = LOL

great fun. though i was meant to be in uni an hour ago. probably should go soon.
only downside is like fox i think said and probably others, you go off to do some work, suddenly you come back theres a mass rape fest going on.

not to mention my connection is wireless. if my allie was to play for the win i'd have been kicked out long ago. i takes me 3 ticks just to get on some times. where as before i only missed a tick at most.

Podunk

Head Gardener

Attacking is fun, defending is a pain in the nards. Especially if you're dealing with an alliance of thugs that can steal land when they send eta 3 >.>... getting woken up 6-7 times a night isn't what I would call fun.

This wouldn't be bad for a 2-3 week span, during christmas break, but I think I'd have to quit bush if it were to stay this way because my grades would turn to mush from lack of sleep :p

timtadams

Landscape Designer

just dont take the 5min tick rounds (if there were more) so seriously, if its that bad, just join a fairly casual alliance

my alliance is going for top ten (i think) but no-one is being expected to have to wake up to defend. Dont go ftw, just to have fun ;)

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

My alliance is going for top ten, but ive been getting zeroed once a day, thats not that fun and they always seem to attack when im in bed which annoys me, then i grow over the day,i go to bed, and BAM! im dead the next day and lose 500-100 acres in 8 hours. i did better as a solo. Or maybe its just that every1 knows who hostile is and wants to turn them into land farms?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

timthetyrant said:
Or maybe its just that every1 knows who hostile is and wants to turn them into land farms?

I'd agree with that.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Podunk said:
Attacking is fun, defending is a pain in the nards. Especially if you're dealing with an alliance of thugs that can steal land when they send eta 3 >.>... getting woken up 6-7 times a night isn't what I would call fun.

Lol, that was the plan :p

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer

i did go thief just so i could sneak some quicky lands in. and massing tl's is always fun. this multi tierd flack is already working pretty well too and i dont even have geos and seed thiefs yet

rooney

Head Gardener

timthetyrant said:
Or maybe its just that every1 knows who hostile is and wants to turn them into land farms?

thats probably it lol. i know we raped u a fair bit in the begginning but then again your leader did declare war on us so that was to be expected i spose :lol:

Kariko

Planter

Love the 5 min ticks cause your not constantly having to wait an hour and a half to see how your attack/ defence pans out. I think it should be used and not changed, change is bad!

timtadams

Landscape Designer

Kariko said:
Love the 5 min ticks cause your not constantly having to wait an hour and a half to see how your attack/ defence pans out. I think it should be used and not changed, change is bad!
Hell No! Maybe for a crazy mini-round, but all the time? I would never get anything done. The good thing about 10 min ticks is that you dont have to be at the computer most of the time, you can do other stuff at the same time, I'm pretty sure plenty of people are usually doing other stuff at the same time, eg all the office workers, students studying, people working from home or just getting stuff done around the house. I do agree that it is good as you dont have to wait so long, but for the same reason i dont think that it should be implemented all the time.

Kariko

Planter

I still abide by the thought that it's a game and should be treated as such :? It is worrying that it's played at work and distracting students like me... But who am i to judge ;)

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Kariko said:
I still abide by the thought that it's a game and should be treated as such :? It is worrying that it's played at work and distracting students like me... But who am i to judge ;)

i very much doubt that any significant portion of the playerbase is not a student or at work ;) I think the reason it's played so much at those times/by those people because work is boring, and this is a game, and is fun ;)

it would be distinctly less fun to have continuous 5 minute tick rounds where you can't really do anything but play. That's not quite as much fun.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

i can't masturbate in less than 5 mins. this round is killing me :(