Fantasy - Necromancy

ooccoo

Weeder
Recently returned to the game after a few years away from it, and after pouring over the manual and seein the Necromancy route, i knew i had to pick it.

I really wish i hadn't now, just lost a good 90% of my team in a couple of pure LET assults on me overnight. These 2 players came in for 2 rounds and left before mine could do anything. After all, i cant get any range or even middle LET's until i can afford to spend 70bil for warewolfs or a combined 74bil on Engin + Gargoyles. This gives any attackers 2rounds to bombard me and i cant do a thing about it (other than send my troops away if im online ofc). Whats more annoying is that they didnt even Trigger my AR which is now at 90%. Luckily i had some cash spare to get some more gardiners ready for when the sun comes back up. This is probably the most expensive / slowest route to get any mid/range units.

f0xx

Landscape Designer
Re: Fantasy - Necromancy

Every route has such problems at the start. It is not just the undead route...

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

Undeead route has it really hard at the round start as solo, especially if you want to hold on some nice acres. Now with low developement multiplier you should be able to tech quite fast.
Ww won't help you much, they don't fire range so you might be better with eng + gargs.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Not to mention if you're starting mid -round it's going to be a lot harder than if you were starting at roundstart because you'll have too many people who are far better teched than you can be, no matter how fast you are. When you have roundstart you'll only have a dozen people with PBs/Ninjas etc and other nasties from range which can hammer you instead of 500 other IDs all mostly teched or teched far enough ahead to beat you easily.

ooccoo

Weeder

*sigh* only been playing for about a week this round so far, and now everynight 2 ppl come in and wipe my staff out for the range/mid then recall. Have to keep buying more staff every damn day. It's really doing my nut in. They don't even trigger the AR and its still at 88-90%

got another 50bil to save up b4 i can even research Garg's

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I don't mean to be patronising, but don't spend on the staff if they're going to die?

I have 30k land and I make about £1.25tril a day, so with 1k land you make ~£40bil (if sunny) so in two days with very minimal land you can start Gargs. No point spending money on troops if you know they will die, build up, when you get Gargs they won't come for you, then you build up and out-grow them and smack them stupid!

I bet you money that if you play this game for 10 rounds, nothing will be more satisfying than being smashed, then using cunning to beat them, when you get that BR where you kick their booty you will have a big grin on your face.

Saying that, people who bullied me I'm still waiting to get many rounds later..... :evil:

f0xx

Landscape Designer

ooccoo said:
Humm, so dont spend money on staff, come back in 2 days and i'll have 0 staff and 0 land =S

And funds to start gargs. If you spend your funds before you start them, you will have 0 staff, 0 land and 0 funds.

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Lesser of two evils my friend, it's the best tactic to build up when standing alone against many. Hide yourself away until you can fight back.

The people are hitting you because you have LETs and they want Eff, so if you have none, they won't hit you. Just have some Gardeners, Harvesters and then save up for a bit.

ooccoo

Weeder

i suppose it is possible, considering i managed to grab all my land just using gardeners xD (and WB's ofc)

No-Dachi

Official Helper

Yeah, stay low, have less acres than those around you, and save up until you get some ranged lethals. Then you mass those, and start sending out attacks consisting of flak and geos (tech geos - it makes the job a whole lot easier). Then you start saving up for your next unit - rinse and repeat until you'ge got the units needed to wtfpwn those who attacked you.

Bengy

Planter

If you have a big AR still as well i suggest doing as Martin says, Don't buy lethals and just have the basics, Gardies, harvesters and some hippys and yobs to stop people flakking you on the last tick. with such a high antirape mod you should be safe if any real let forces come at you.
then PWN their skinny behinds when you get Gargoyles :twisted:

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

is it possible to be any good as the undead route? cause all my units seem to do is die. or do you need to be in an alliance cause they cant hold their own?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I've always thought vamps would make an ok solo route. They're good against flak, they aren't very weak, and they have the advantage of stealth. I think it should be fairly easy to play at a decent rank.

Lupus

Head Gardener

BigBoss did fairly well with them a few rounds back when he was floating around in an out of alliances, then he went inactive i think and just died

[Ninja-7]

Head Gardener

I was on for a top 100 finish last round with Vamps, but did a silly attack on a TL, where I left before spying him to make sure no SAS. Needless to say, I died, and I would say its definately possible to play well as solo, as long as you don't have mush for brains like me. :p

f0xx

Landscape Designer

timthetyrant said:
is it possible to be any good as the undead route? cause all my units seem to do is die. or do you need to be in an alliance cause they cant hold their own?

Skilled player can do well with ANY route.

Of course under different circumstances some routes will be a wiser pick than others, but still.

Enrico

Tree Surgeon

I played vamp the round before last, and I was solo for the better part of the round.

Now I started up in an ally, so I had a different strategy that a solo would have, but basically the idea is to rush to gargs.

Before you get them, dont spend money on LETs.

once you do get vamps... it is a nice solo route!

Gangsters

Digger

I came in last round end of year 4 start of 5 and managed to get into the 300's with Gargoyle Route, and was Pure Solo, since I didn't feel like getting stuck in a shitty alliance. What I did was stayed away from the stupid Serfs and Skeletons. Then grabbed up enough money to get a good amount of Gargoyles so people leave you alone, then buy Werewolves Unit to cover mid and close. When you get them save up for Mummies, hold on to amount of money spend one days worth or more on wolves then start mummies and while those are growing go back to Gargoyles and beef up more. Once when you get Mummies go back to Wolves since there INIT is quite low, High Health and High AD. Once you feel good with them and the Mummies are ready save up enough money the same it cost to build mummy and buy them up. From there check your Ratio out and try to keep it close. With LET units its good to have low INIT and its good that these units attack INN and others range so you wont need a lot to for "close" round and that way you dont have to risk losing stupid LET close units (except for zombies those seem to never die for some reason) or overprices YOBS (serfs). Sadly I didn't really get to use Vampires to much, but they seem to do a decent job, but would recommend to have lots of Gargoyles to serve as LET flak letting the vampires do their job correctly.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener

What would you consider an "all right rank"? Cause i made it around 170ish with the undead on my first round. I was just wondering if i doing OK, (especially considering all the deaths i suffered at the start, trying to find out what hippies kill :roll: )

But really, i found them fun at the end, after i learnt how to use them a bit. and i'm open to advice.