Fallout 3 is out!

TehPantz

Head Gardener
and it PWNS! I have just played a few hours worth but this game is teh awesomeness. If you get a chance to buy this i would recommend that you do!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Re: Fallout 3 is out! (in america)....

ordered it online today...unfortunately it doesnt arrive for 5 days but still...it looks really good!

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator

I have it! Play delivered early - gotta love them. Played through for a few hours and so far it's not too shabby at all! Although ammunition is very sparse, it's not a debilitating factor; you just get to whip out a baseball bat and start whacking things like there's no tomorrow (great fun). Fire Ants are a ***** though...
Damn them flaming freaks!

Will give it a proper review when I've played a bit more of it.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

So... my reserve copy was not reserved. Pwned. 3 days til they get another one. I told them to forget i was going elsewhere.

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

rofl

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

got my new copy, 1 hour in. fantastic so far.

just shot two people in the head, after breaking their arms with their own police batons. Pretty cool!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

ordered it 2 days ago...with delivery supposed to be next tues/wed and it arrived yesterday!!

Only played about 2 hours as i had to work but its so far really good! Took me a while to figure out the targetting system but thats just cos i was rushing through it a bit...i love the way you can take out someones leg and watch them crippled before shooting their mate twice in the head...or shooting their weapon is a cool idea as well...

anyway, really good first impressions!

TehPantz

Head Gardener

I beat it (the main story that is). THIS GAME IS TEH AWESOMENESSSZZZZ. ammo is pretty sparse at the beginning, but one you start dealing with the big baddies you pick up ammo all over the place. Woot for FA3.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I haven't had any ammo troubles tbh, the most annoying ammo to find atm are shotgun shells. As for 10 mm, 5.56mm, .303 etc, i find it laying about EVERYWHERE. you kind of have to be prepared to steal it whenever you see it... but i've certainly not had any trouble getting ammo.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

blow up megaton? what did people decide?

Ill be honest i had a look online to see what the outcomes were and i havnt actually done either yet...im gonna get the most out of the town first i think...

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

*SPOILERS ALERT*

i told sherriff simms that burke asked me to blow it up, then followed simms to the inevitable confrontation, i then let burke kill simms, and then killed burke. :D thereby gaining the most out of the situation. i didn't blow up megaton, so basically i'm now the ruling power there. save for colin moriarty who is still independent.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

ahh, i killed moriarty as soon as he told me where my dad had gone...he just pissed me off so much i had to shoot him in the head!

ahh, but alci...if you had blown up megaton for burke you get 1000 caps...hehe

also ive just got the "fat man"...that is fricken awesome!!! to test it out i (after making a new save ofc) fired loads of them into the GNR building where all those random soldier dudes are walking around...DEATH EVERYWHERE!!! lol

but yeah awesome game, tis getting better now i have even more choice about what i do and when i do it!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

pinpower said:
ahh, i killed moriarty as soon as he told me where my dad had gone...he just pissed me off so much i had to shoot him in the head!

ahh, but alci...if you had blown up megaton for burke you get 1000 caps...hehe

but if you go lockpicking and plundering with sherriff simms keys you can get into the armoury to get ammo, weapons, and several hundred caps ;), not to mention that megaton is still there and serviceable, and under my thumb. i took your advice and blew moriarty's head off.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

cool, i think i may save and then blow it up just to see the explosion tho...as i read somewhere on line that its amazing graphically! Also, didnt know about the armory and stuff...im gonna go do what you did in a min!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

careful, there is a killbot in the armoury, and he killed me like 4 times before i managed to not be spastic enough to die. :(

so, be warned ;)

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator

Just completed it (at around level 18 I think) and I have to say it definitely is everything it was promised. The only bugs I found in the game were a few with the save system and quite a number at the end:
[hidden:2zmwc0bp]Optimus Prime kept getting stuck on the bridge and wouldn't be coaxed out of his spot on the edge next to a car. Occasionally, Lyons would also just...stop and not talk to me. She had a weird grimace on her face :p[/hidden:2zmwc0bp]

Although the main quest line is relatively short (without side-tracking too much you could probably complete it around level 12, or less), it's still great fun. I also have my sneaking suspicions that Bethesda just did a copy/paste of Oblivion, then changed a few graphics, shortened a few quests and removed some incredibly pointless ones (who remembers the Oblivion quests to run down a 2 metre road and talk to a magician to stop making people invisible??). But I suppose that's what happens when you're in the habit of creating these types of games.

Even so, fantastic. Will be playing it again shortly to take completely different paths!

Bunion

Harvester

[hidden:2tbfmfxa]Found the girl's family's house, filled with dead bodies of course, but noticed that the bed mouseover wasn't red, and I was quite injured, having run into the mireluk...teehee[/hidden:2tbfmfxa]

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator

Anyone else found Dogmeat, your faithful companion? :D

Mattheus

Head Gardener

I got it yesterday, haven't played that much yet though.

Is it a really short game though? That's 2 people in this thread who've already completed it and it's only been out a few days... Or is it just a case of playing it for hours on end? :p

Bunion

Harvester

It's an open rpg.

There is a main story line, which is quickly completed it seems, but there are a metric ****tonne of side quests.