What would you choose?

Augustus

Head Gardener
Right, Christmas time is coming and the GF has told me to compile a list of 3 PS3 games and 3 Wii games that she will possibly buy me for Christmas. If it was you, what would you ask for and why? Please try and avoid suggesting these titles as I am already aware that they are amazin :p

PS3:GTA4, MGS4, COD4. Wii: Zelda, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers Brawl.

TaO

Tree Surgeon
Re: What would you choose?

PS3:
Saints Row 2
COD5
Ratchet & Clank *FTW*
Army of 2
Haze
Resistance 2
Far Cry 2

Wii:
mario party

dunnow about any others x)

philipd12

Harvester

PS3:
COD 5
Starwars Forced Unleashed (good but way to short)
Fifa 09

They are 3 i would recommend for PS3
and i dont have a clue about the WII :p

TaO

Tree Surgeon

philipd12 said:
PS3:
COD 5
Starwars Forced Unleashed (good but way to short)
Fifa 09

They are 3 i would recommend for PS3
and i dont have a clue about the WII :p

pfft Phil you know nothing! :p

play COD4 with me now!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I'm not sure if Mario galaxy and mario Party are the same thing. But i was playing the Wii mario Party last night, and it owned! Was loads of fun, and a great game with a few friends. :) So if you liked the old mario party games then it's a good choice :)

Ven0m

Planter

I dunno about the PS3 but for the wii get Wii Fit it rocks!

Alvestein

Garden Designer

mario galaxy is a bit crap. mario party is a really great game to play with friends round! :D

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

NO! NO! and NO!
I wish you honestly reconsider!
I actually wish your GF reads this without you being around.
Simply dont!
I'm sure theres 1000 and 1 better presents for anyone than some "stupid" game. Just dont go that way, because I have played so many games and none are worth to be presents from my GF!

I rather take present given from the heart "aka. socks ;)" than stupid game, that is old in 0,5 years.

Ven0m

Planter

Ask for stupid presents. Last year my GF got me a barbie doll, playdough, a dennis the mennace teddy and a giant card that said to my girlfriend. Made me laugh though i spent £100 on a necklace buy hey :p

Garrett

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf said:
NO! NO! and NO!
Simply dont!
I'm sure theres 1000 and 1 better presents for anyone than some "stupid" game. Just dont go that way, because I have played so many games and none are worth to be presents from my GF!

I rather take present given from the heart "aka. socks ;)" than stupid game, that is old in 0,5 years.

a very good point. i agree mostly... however, i have such a rare chance to go out and get new games... I like games for my bday/holidays.

Augustus

Head Gardener

BlackWolf said:
NO! NO! and NO!
Simply dont!

Well to be fair the only thing I would actually want for Christmas is games, films and C.D's. All of these get old quickly, but I would value a lot more than the BS presents I get from family. Bearing in mind I have a mortgage to pay I'd prefer her to be shelling out £40-£50 per game than me :p

Alvestein

Garden Designer

Ven0m said:
Ask for stupid presents. Last year my GF got me a barbie doll, playdough, a dennis the mennace teddy and a giant card that said to my girlfriend. Made me laugh though i spent £100 on a necklace buy hey :p

are you of the female persuasion? :S

and i agree with BW actually, i'd much rather have a gift which was significant from someone i cared about. even something they made themselves as long as it had some sort of connection or meaning.

Weeble

Community Manager
Administrator

You're all such greedy bastards! You shouldn't prefer any gift - you should prefer nothing at all! Only then can you be sure that that person truly knows you, and isn't trying to win you over by purchasing fallacies which they think you might like!

Saying that, 'birthday sex' is awesome.

saint1d

Head Gardener

If your gf wants to buy you games for birthday, and it's something you would like then why not? It's all about getting a "treat" so it really doesnt matter what it is. Valentines Day would be a bit different.

Anyway for the wii I totally recommend any of the Lego games (Indiana Jones, Star Wars or Batman & Robin). Star Wars is my fave. The games are good fun and keep me entertained for ages. Great for a quick half hour blast without having to spend hours to get through a couple of levels. Then once you have completed the story play you can go back as different characters to try and find the hidden extras.

Star Wars Forced Unleashed looks good, think I'll get that next.

Get Metroid Prime 3, it really takes advantage of the Wii's control potential, great game.

saint1d

Head Gardener

Styrofoam_Sword said:
Get Metroid Prime 3, it really takes advantage of the Wii's control potential, great game.

Now that does look good ;)