Worst Video Game Played?

Minnzy

Weeder
Re: Worst Video Game Played?

I have a PS2 game currently sitting at the bottom of a pile next to my PS3, it's a Zombie game I care so little for I am not bothering to go out and look at the name for, you're a girl in a bikini and you have to use various moves (3 in total...) to kill a room of Zombies you're locked in then you go into another room of zombies to be locked in... I dislike the game more the GeOW and that's saying something

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

Driv3er (Driver 3)

I used to love the first "Driver" game back when i was a bit younger...it was basic ("old school"!!!) but it was the first game i played where you could just "free roam" and do your own thing between missions...running from the police etc...and 3d far before GTA (or at least i played it before)

Anyway, didnt play Driver 2 at all but Driver 3 was complete and utter pants...biggest waste of ~£40 ive ever spent!

Loads more, may come back and update later
x

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Ooo driver .. old school :p Loved that game ... great game to play with the lads trying to complete rock solid missions!

My worst game is prolly civ 4 tbh
First day i bought it i thought it looked awesome ... then i played it once and NEVER played it again as it didnt capture me in ... so was big dissapointment.

Then 3 months later or so i decided to give it a chance ... started to like it then realised its the same thing over and over.
Cost me like £30 aswell :(

f0xx

Landscape Designer

CIV 4 is HUGE man, very complicated too, it is one of the best strategy games.

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer

Aye its good but gets too samey at the start for my liking.

I prefer aoe 1/2 or ra2 etc for strategy ... real time is better than tick based :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Twigley said:
Aye its good but gets too samey at the start for my liking. I prefer aoe 1/2 or ra2 etc for strategy ...

Yeah because Age of Empires and Red Alert isn't samey either :roll:

Twigley said:
real time is better than tick based :p

Bullshit.

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Colin McRae: DIRT
NFS: Pro Street

Somewhat disappointed by Spore.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Spore is not a game, simple as that.
If you want a game then dont get it!

I will fast write about all stages of Spore contains "spoilers":
1. First you play like a poor flash game where you swim around and collect stuff, fast and simple.
- You add new spikes etc. to your creature nothing else.
- I liked this, its simple and even bit too short, tho its kinda fun.

2. You get on land and forget all electricity etc. cool about your creature, in 2 generations you turn your creature to as lethal or as cute monster as possible.
- Your creatures only mission is to get food, and run around.
- This one is ok too. It lacks ideas behind it badly but is still kinda funny.

3. You develope to clan stage.
- Forget everything you did to your monster it doesnt matter anymore, all developments are forgotten and pulled to one mold.
- This is complete BS! yet toleratable, as its kinda fast.

4. You develope to nation stage.
- Very very poor copy of civilisation.
- This is even more complete BS but toleratable, as being fast.

5. You get on space age.
- Galaxy is huge yes, theres trillion zillion stars to conquer, yet you must freaking build and take care of each star on your own, run around saving stars from all raids, catastrophes etc. BS!
- This is su big BS it not even toleratable!! At the beginning its actually fun and cool. After 20 planets running around gets really really annoying.
And when you have built your 100th city that is complete copy of all other cities and you have done same BS thing to your 50th planet to stabilize its atmosphere it turns to BS who cares game.

So you want Spore? Only if you love building everything on your own, making your own looking planets, wanting to see your own looking creature, or you like sims.
If you want a game where you develope creature from almost single cell to space, DONT!

I bet there 1000 and 1 threads you can find from google which explains even more detailed why I hated Spore so much. It has/had potential. It just is way too sucky to ever reach level of playability. Beasides its EAs ultimate money making machine after sims. Aimed to have zillion extras you pay for to it. So maybe spore will become good game after some 10 years, we shall see. But for now, it is funny only for kids.

PS. I was hoping to make some creature which would turn to some electrical being or so... yeah right, forget about it. It doesnt matter what your creature looks like or what you have gotten for it after you get to clan stage.

Bunion

Harvester

If anyone has played any of the Silverfall series...

Here's my advice for those who haven't yet:

[h:86ebigmn]DON'T[/h:86ebigmn]