What's with the Solo bashing?

Harbinger

Pruner
Ok - I've read God knows how many different threads moaning about solo's ruining the game, overpowered, cheating blah blah blah. Demanding that AR be scrapped/seriously nerfed etc...

First of all, the game, for me, has always been about alliance play - that's the draw - the chance to communicate, to develop friendships, to live or die together. I don't play in alliances anymore for a number of reasons - the people I used to play with have mostly left the game - the playerbase is far (hugely in fact) less friendly and accommodating than it used to be - unless you are ridiculously active alliance play is just providing land farms for the uber leet insanely active who tend to always play together (not a criticism, just an observation) - and I just don't have the activity that I used to (that's activity not mobility - I'm not that old :p).

I play solo - not seriously - more just to keep in touch with the game. I don't worry about score - just send the occasional attack, defend the constant incoming!! and communicate with the few left in the game worth communicating with. I never hit sleep mode (as opposed to the muppet who always attacks me overnight and then hits sleep mode!!) so it's nice that I can come back on and know that I haven't been completely obliterated and can still have some fun. I play for 2 hours a day, if that, and I don't expect to make top 200 let alone portal (I agree with comments on a previous thread that a 3 hour a day inactive solo should not be able to portal). Sure, do away with triggering - or at least combat it within the code, and maybe even do away with PNaps all together - so the only defence is government defence.

But please don't keep blaming the solo's for ruining the game - it's the whole playerbase that's responsible for that - and to be frank it's doing a bloody good job of it.

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Re: What's with the Solo bashing?

solo jellyfish noob.

Dennis

Harvester

Garrett shush.. Harbinger is FAR from being a noob.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

-.-

well i'm glad i made my post for *just* harby since he'll get it. you obviously don't.

*sigh* children.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

it's ok dennis. I will still sleep with you.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

my name is Garrett not grumpy old man.

I'm not old, and how did you become king? I didn't vote for you.

TehPantz

Head Gardener

I agree with and applaud everything Harbinger said.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

Harby I dont think anyone has been really moaning about people like you.
I think majority of moaning is about solos who play like alliances, working together, attacking together and triggering on each others. Also those with much more activity than 3 hours who abuses AR by attacking and losing units so much their AR is always on high level are the ones moaned about.
Current AR system works damn fine on lower levels of this game, people who play inactively and are ranked around 200+ are being defended pretty righteously by goverment, problem lies on ranks above 200, there current AR is making surviving way too easy for anyone with decent activity and with some skills or will.

Di I think AR should be removed? Yes, I would rather see huge inactive alliances than all those 3 hours a day players being solo. With option to increase size of alliance to level you want even inactive alliances can survive.

roger rabbit

Harvester

just separate the damn worlds already. one for alliances and other for solos.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

roger rabbit said:
just separate the damn worlds already. one for alliances and other for solos.

Okay, you can pull your head out of your ass now.

PS. BlackWolf is right here (scary, isn't it?).

Garrett

Landscape Designer

BlackWolf said:
Harby I dont think anyone has been really moaning about people like you.
I think majority of moaning is about solos who play like alliances, working together, attacking together and triggering on each others.

Harby, BW sums it up well I believe.

Go alliance or go home!

Augustus

Head Gardener

BlackWolf said:
Also those with much more activity than 3 hours who abuses AR by attacking and losing units so much their AR is always on high level are the ones moaned about.

Since when did suiciding troops on attacks gain you AR? I've had more than one unsuccessful attack and didn't receive any sort of boost in AR...

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator

Augustus said:
BlackWolf said:
Also those with much more activity than 3 hours who abuses AR by attacking and losing units so much their AR is always on high level are the ones moaned about.

Since when did suiciding troops on attacks gain you AR? I've had more than one unsuccessful attack and didn't receive any sort of boost in AR...

losing troops on attacks does gain u ar mod, just alot less than if u died defending
just not very much especially if u have either a lot of troops already or a low ar mod
its only noticeable when u have limited troops, eg existing at above 70% ar mod, and have a high ar mod, above 75%

i suicided quite reguarly last round, sometimes not on purpose, and it kept my ar mod nice and high

as for the solo bashing, i think it more has to have something to do with Garrett, Silence and CO just bitching at solos for basically no reason but meh, toby's 'secret' war against all things solo will carry on whatever i say.......

CLem

Head Gardener

Harbinger said:
But please don't keep blaming the solo's for ruining the game - it's the whole playerbase that's responsible for that - and to be frank it's doing a bloody good job of it.

I am quite sure that people are not blindly blaming solos for ruining the game,they can abuse AR with no consequences and solos can play as a group instead of what it is made to do, 3 solos max. And it becomes apparent that if people want to get a good value rank and don't want the commitment will find that solo is a much easier way to achieve that. And for that reason alone more and more players have moved from alliance play to solo play which limits the competition (since most solos at top 100 are in Doro and safelisted together) and make it even less fun to play in an alliance (you get bash by alliances AND solos).

The question is that should solos be able to gain such ranks without the insane activity, contactability and chances to face the odd resistance? I just don't think the system is fair for the alliances that did not "win" the round.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

I will just ask you one question: What is DORO? Is it an alliance? No. Yet it functions as one. They do not attack each-other, they help each-other in attack and most importantly in defence, thus ganing all of the advantages of pure solo PLUS most of the advantages of an alliance. Now I know a lot of people will say they don't do it bla bla. I know your real faces.

The original idea of DORO was its name - Death Of Rank One, not bash anyone who our score range allows us to reach. It was mainly a suicidal organization made for FUN. What it has become makes me vomit.

Do we have to wait for DarkSider to create a solo group and take all of the top 10 places with it so solos get some nerfing? Because it IS possible and it is NOT even challenging to do so.

harriergirl

Landscape Designer

f0xx said:
I will just ask you one question: What is DORO? Is it an alliance? No. Yet it functions as one. They do not attack each-other, they help each-other in attack and most importantly in defence, thus ganing all of the advantages of pure solo PLUS most of the advantages of an alliance. Now I know a lot of people will say they don't do it bla bla. I know your real faces.

The original idea of DORO was its name - Death Of Rank One, not bash anyone who our score range allows us to reach. It was mainly a suicidal organization made for FUN. What it has become makes me vomit.

Do we have to wait for DarkSider to create a solo group and take all of the top 10 places with it so solos get some nerfing? Because it IS possible and it is NOT even challenging to do so.

Didn't the bunkers already do this ?

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

harriergirl said:
Didn't the bunkers already do this ?

Not quite, but they still did enough for Azzer to bring in the marvelous bunker buster unit.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

hehe he said marvelous