Should Anti-rape be Removed?

Should Anti-rape be Removed?

• Total voters

Illumination

Head Gardener
Re: Should Anti-rape be Removed?

Yes, I agree. It was just a quick thought to emphasize that intentional triggering is the problem, not AR itself- or solo play. Its a loop-hole in AR defense and it needs to be addressed, simple as. Until then, and while others are triggering, it puts any solo player that doesnt take advantage of it at an unfair disadvantage.

vlad

Harvester

I see AR removal almost suicidal for azzer. I know that there are alot of solos in this game. But i saw someone moan about no alliances in the top? You just killed them all!!!! There was what .. 3-4 Alliances in the fight for the top over 30days! Thats a good round. 30days to get a "maybe" winner. Thats why there is only Solos left. Jheees.

I like solo, i do, but yet i also played a top Alliance last round. But solo has no stress, hassle and worry even if i'm active. I sit in IRC, i can send attacks, but i don't have to think "i haven't log in for 3 days, they will be annoyed".
Now, if you remove AR, you remove Solo.

There has been countless suggestions to fix the "Trigger a Friend" technic. I've seen a few, and even made some myself. Some of these systems can work realy well removing that issue.

Maybe tweak the Psolo side of the game, or up the Alliance benefits possibly, but removal of AR? I just don't see it being beneficial bar for the top 50 of players.

mrmongo

Harvester

No-Dachi said:
Yes. Unless it's tweaked a lot then it should be removed. Right now the solos are destroying the game.

Solo's are ruining the game.... noooo im sat here rank 500 or something hardly ruining the game and if you remove AR then wow my game is ****ed. i can now be hit by any1 +2 eta with any amount of units... thus just feeding the already fat assed, fat headed high rankers.

Whats ruined the game? removal of bounty hunting.... moaning minnies who purely insist on hitting solo people because their "oh so great" alliance cant organise a hit on another alliance so resort to picking on solos. You remove AR and the biggest base of the game... the solos are now screwed... all you want is easy targets. Because the player base has died there are less "easy" targets for you to attack and pwn thus giving you that "oooh look at me i rock" feeling.

If you make the game all alliance play then all you do is give the better players with more time on their hands due to lack of something real to do, more targets to destroy as all those lower level solo's with no AR and no chance of getting in an alliance with any chance of standing up to these uber active no lifers, now have to get in alliance play and get destroyed every day.

This is a stupid idea.

I got an alternative.... Remove AR for solo's then remove all defensive abilities of alliances... so that none of you can send defence mobs at each other, merely just look at how your alliance pals are getting murked. Then its about even and fair.

As an edit though, harrier girl has the best idea for it all... if you take ar away then you need a big insurance plan and land protection scheme which would only allow a low amount of land to be stolen and a high amount of units to be returned otherwise solo's would just be farmed and farmed into oblivion... imagine that rank 50 solo with 9k land who now can be wave attacked by an alliance over and over with no defence from naps or ar... he has no chance so not fair at all... all that hard work getting 9k land and rank 50 is destroyed by 10 people. Yeah your really good arent you. Or a system where a solo can only be attacked say 3-5 times a day. Obviously this would have to include a mod that an attack is one that takes land or does a high % of score/unit damage to the target... even then you can abuse it... there is no way around AR

mrmongo

Harvester

ive played this game since round 7 and in all my alliance play... start of round is a solo hitting fest. threads are made in politics, successful targets are traded in irc. Solos are picked on from the start as they are "easy" targets... the AR just helps us a bit, now you wanna remove this AR making all solos land farms for people who feel the need to work with others.

mrmongo

Harvester

like your parents stand by you... not cause they want to but feel it is the right thing to do...

My posts were not ignorant of the point... i say AR shud not be removed and those were my feelings why... you want to punish the solo majority because of the actions of a few high ranking solo's.. If the other 650 solos were all disallowed their AR then what are they now? solo farms who can be mass attacked and waved all day because they have no defence... removing AR only benefits the alliance players. And as alliance players make up 1/4 - 1/5 of the game base... to support the minority would be devastating for the game. When you learn to counterargue instead of insulting then you may have some hope... as for mankind... it hardly rests on my shoulders and if it did then they are some strong alpha male shoulders... in a world with few people my brains and brawn would far outweigh any of your positive features. Thus giving me more chance of mating and you being left in a ditch. But hey this is all fiction.

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

mrmongo said:
like your parents stand by you... not cause they want to but feel it is the right thing to do...

My posts were not ignorant of the point... i say AR shud not be removed and those were my feelings why... you want to punish the solo majority because of the actions of a few high ranking solo's.. If the other 650 solos were all disallowed their AR then what are they now? solo farms who can be mass attacked and waved all day because they have no defence... removing AR only benefits the alliance players. And as alliance players make up 1/4 - 1/5 of the game base... to support the minority would be devastating for the game. When you learn to counterargue instead of insulting then you may have some hope... as for mankind... it hardly rests on my shoulders and if it did then they are some strong alpha male shoulders... in a world with few people my brains and brawn would far outweigh any of your positive features. Thus giving me more chance of mating and you being left in a ditch. But hey this is all fiction.

Sigh. This just shows again that you haven't read any of the posts previous. Or if you have, maybe you haven't fully grasped their meaning. The intention of removing AR is *not* so we can rape all the solos. It is so the active solos move back into alliances. This round has seen a vast increase in the number of high ranking solos, and a decrease in the number of active alliances. As I said in a previous post, the problem is not the actions of solos, but the existence of so many of them.

I've always considered this an alliance game. That is where the life of this game lies. As it stands, there are two alliances ranked at the top (not including toxo for the moment) and then hundreds of solos, and then the rest of the alliances. This makes the game very stagnant. Encourage a migration of players back into alliances and the game will be much more interesting.

mrmongo

Harvester

i have read everything though so why say that i havent, its just stupid. and look what it caused... if i disregard to comment on a certain point from a multitude of possible points then its normally because i disregard the comment or idea.

Why force people to go back to alliances by removing AR. If 700 people want to play solo and 300 want to play allied.... why do the 300 people get preference of how the game should be? Its like 700 muslims want to live peacefully and 300 want to destroy the world, if we paid attention to just the 300 then it would suck for the rest of the muslims who live their live well and in peace.

If the ar suggestions were brought in then what i have been saying would be the resulting situation. IMO

mrmongo

Harvester

i used to consider this an alliance game, i had great fun with ViurS the best alliance of them all, but then with the fall of ViruS and bounty hunting and h/f and things i strayed towards playing solo, with lesser activity and plenty of targets to aim for, imo bounty was the best part of the game...

Due to the last round i played in an alliance where it was disbanded at the throw of a dice, and previous rounds of disappointing alliances i feel i will never join an alliance again, i do not have the activity or care to win a game through spending hours and hours sending numbers and letters to kill and steal more numbers and letters... if i want a team game i will play world of warcraft or COD4, or in hot await of the 256 onlinem multiplayer MAG! :p

Think hard before nerfing solos

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer

I don't think 700 people do want to play solo. There are plenty who play solo because they don't have the activity or will to play in an alliance, sure. But this round there are lots who started the round allied but got bashed by solos and decided it wasn't worth it, and ended up going solo themselves. This is because it is so much easier to play solo than to play in a middle-ranking alliance. And I think the most obvious solution is to take away some of the solo benefits. Whether it is the right answer to get rid of AR entirely, I am not sure.

Mysterious

Harvester

*Off topic*...oh wait...I'm actually *ON* topic. Stop arguing. Grow up. I know both of you people posting on irc, so just take it easy. Really.

The only reason I want AR removed is because of it's misuse. Because it's able to be misused by any solo, it means it will be misused at some point or other. When they get really really really annoyed. Either it is unable for a solo to misuse it, or it should get removed totally. Why make rules up for some, but not others? Just because you don't misuse it, doesn't mean others don't. Unless you can personally assure me that every other solo in the game won't misuse it, then your points are really mute. Just because you're doing something right, which I applaud, doesn't mean others will follow your example.

I mean, you have Pnaps already right? Why get another form of defence. As it is, AR is not used to defend against an overwhelming force in a lot of cases, it's just used to defend against any loss. Do you agree with that? Lol if you do. Because there wouldn't be a point to playing the game anymore.

I suppose the very same problem can be sorted if AR was modified in such a way to disallow misuse. One such way would be to calculate each attacking mob according to the AR on *that specific tick* alone. It's just a suggestion. Really not thought it through lol.

00micbro1998

Planter

oh shut up.

god you bore me now.

You want to rid all solo's defence (excluding Pnaps) because a few bad eggs misuse the system. This game is seroiusly declining in numbers, so why would you get rid of something that is keeping a few.

Getting rid of AR is getting rid of solo.

Azzer isn't stupid, he's profits will fall if half the playerbase is no longer here.

Yes those intentionally AR trigger ers should be stopped, by why barrier all the players who can't get online for silly amount of hours, who rely on AR to prevent being totally slaughtered by stupid amount of troopies

Tim

Harvester

Removed quite a number of posts which seemed to be an argument which became very heated.

Please calm down now and keep the conversation constructive, thanks.

BlackWolf

Landscape Designer

What kind of arguing is that Timmeh if there is no fire in it? ;)
No honestly. Exactly what part doesnt people understand in that it is easier to play as solo than in alliance?
Should really someone who plays alone be able to beat 15 others who try to work together? Why is this game mostly solo? Simply because I can make it easily to top 100 as solo and with decent activity and some suicides keep my AR on level where no normal attack can hurt me.
What about alliance?
To be in mediocre alliance means your against all those solos who groups on channels to send mass attacks, all those huge active alliances who wants your acres and your dependant on defence of those 14 others to make sure your safe.
I cant see when comparing these 2 options how alliance play would interest anyone.

So why to remove AR? Because AR is way too strong and is way too easy to get and abuse. It is making playing solo way too easy in comparison to any kind of alliance. When injuries were introduced did AR get nerfed? No. I dont see how anyone with half the brains would like to play in alliance for any other reason than to win. When by being solo your 95% more likely alive when you log in and you need to do under 50% of the work.

Will just once again making complicated BS rules sole anything? No, all AR this AR that suggestions have been exactly same kind of crap as majority of this games changes and suggestions. Only making game more complicant, making playing more complicant and making life of new player more complicant.
Because I cant see a way for such BS to ever success I'm all for removing AR. Play solo if you like, you have injuries so you wont wake up to completely zeroed account. You have possibility to join alliance and play for alliance of your activity level and of goal of your liking.
If you dont want to live with that the FFS just quit.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

I don't think AR should be removed. it should be reduced, and solos should be marginalized almost the point of extinction where it is absolutely the last resort of a player. Solos are ruining the enjoyment of the game. period.

DarkSider

Tree Surgeon

AR can't be removed and solo play remain simple as .. no matter what insurance you give to players they'll be farms and will never hold any decent amount of acres.
As i see there are a few problems:
- mutual triggering to save land - It should be nerfed if not fixed hopefully in the new age, i saw Azzer talking about a system where the triggering mob on different tick will get government defence targeting only that tick. It won't protect against friendly boosts sent on the same tick, but those happen less frequent and can also backfire so that change would help alot.

- number of solo's / this is an alliance game etc - I consider myself a great alliance member, however lately i don't enjoy as much to be in an alliance. When you're solo you have no responsabilities, it's just your acres, your troops, you can login when you want, attack when you want and who you want. So even if some posted this is an alliance game or should be i'm quite sure a large number of players enjoy the solo side. In the modern days there are more ways to spend your free time and less want to comit themselfs to an alliance where you are required to have a decent activity, help in attacks, help in defence ..it's just feels like a part time job sometimes instead a game.
I had an alternative i posted in old forums i think to make the game more solo orientated- remove alliances and allow players to group themselfs under a tag. Not sure if defence should be completly removed, but personally i'd find it very fun to play with decreased defence abilities where groups of players can attack together and kill the highest ranked players. How would you like that instead ? :D

Psolo is already beeing removed from next round, ar changed, possibly mutual triggering worked on, so this gripe/suggestion won't change much imo. We have to see first how the game will be then :)

00micbro1998

Planter

If you calculate everyones individual mob that could be disastorous

Meaning everyone can hit on same tick, with 7 - 10 the guys score. and his AR not be triggered.

It wont work

GET RID OF INJURY!!!
DONT THINK SO

Solo is for players we may not be able to get on for a day or two, having being nilled those injured returning troops save u being reduced from 10kland to 400 land which would happen if u didnt come online and u was nilled

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

00micbro1998 said:
GET RID OF INJURY!!!
DONT THINK SO

injury and AR are too potent. Solos should have to pick one or the other.

00micbro1998

Planter

AR or Injury

Allaince members get Injury, yes solo may get a couple extra percent. But its not the difference between 5% and 10% which would be double the benefits. Its 35 and 40% and very little dif.

You just want to get rid of AR

My numbers may not be fully correct, but they will be bloody well close

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

00micbro1998 said:
AR or Injury

Allaince members get Injury, yes solo may get a couple extra percent. But its not the difference between 5% and 10% which would be double the benefits. Its 35 and 40% and very little dif.

You just want to get rid of AR

i want solos to be a marginal portion of this game. not the overwhelming choice for the playerbase because it is stronger than allies.

Alliance members get injury, but they do not get AR, so any comparison you are making between the too is utterly invalidated by that fact. 14 other players do not an easily abused AR defence make.

You seem to have missed my point that having both of those benefits makes it too hard to really kill a solo. You have X ticks before their troops return to steal their land, and since they've just been killed their AR is through the roof which makes landing on them a lot trickier. Pick one advantage and nerf the other, it's simple.