• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Mail in Sleep Mode

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
can we atleast be able to read it
its quite annoying being in sleep with half a dozen unread mails and nothing u can do about it

no harm in letting people read their mail :p

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
Re: Mail in Sleep Mode

I was always irritated with this feature, but then again, that is what IRC, email, forums, Account Mail are for....

That being said if we were able to read our mails in sleep mode, so much the better.

Max

Garden Designer

I completely agree with this suggestion. If people are worried about organisation of attacks or something while in sleep mode, disable the ability to mail other people. But there's no harm at all in letting people read their own mail in sleep mode :D I am unsure why such a system was put in place initially. I believe that people are able to read their own news in sleep mode, so why not their inboxes?

Bobbin

Head Gardener

The reason for not being allowed to read mail in sleep mode is so you can help to organise defence and things like that while sleeping... Or somethign along those lines anyway.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Bobbin said:
The reason for not being allowed to read mail in sleep mode is so you can help to organise defence and things like that while sleeping... Or somethign along those lines anyway.

Because IRC, Msn, and other forms of communication don't put a stop to that :p...

That being said, maybe an ability to read your mail, and not send mails? Tho that would just reduce the irritation a wee bit.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Bobbin has a point. Even thought most people use other means of comunicating, in game mails is still the most important one.

I agree with Bobbina.

Kali

Weeder

bad idea
the purpose of sleep is to get some rest, not to read your messages :D

If you are to chickened to leave your land alone for a couple of hours, why should you even bother reading your messages?

No messages during sleep Kali-out :roll:

Kali

Weeder

Kali said:
bad idea
the purpose of sleep is to get some rest, not to read your messages :D

If you are to chickened to leave your land alone for a couple of hours, why should you even bother reading your messages?

No messages during sleep Kali-out :roll:

Lol. I just went to sleep and have a slight adjustment to the above: YES I still think you should NOT be able to acces your ingame mail during sleep, but.......

I think it is only fair to be able to acces the mail when sleep has not kicked in yet! During these 3 or 4 ticks you can still get attacked and when you do, you have no meanings of contacting your opponents, since they haven't given you their IRC yet. So, YES: Mail during sleep for the first 4 ticks. NO: No mail for the ticks behind the 4th until the end of the restperiod.

Kali - out :roll: :mad: