nobreakspace (Official community resource - News/Updates)

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Re: nobreakspace

saint1d said:
Mine has stopped working. The overview stuff stopped first, then everything else has stopped. Have disable and re-enabled the extension and have re-installed it a couple of times. Bummer cos I really miss it :(

Is this some kind of scam to get me to donate, ie if I do it will all suddenly start working again?

If so then I'll donate asap :p
How do you connect to the internet? Terraken had a similar problem using a usb dongle-thing from a mobile provider and I had a similar problem when I had to use my phone as a bluetooth modem.

Another possible cause is an image used in your colour scheme isn't loading/takes ages to load as the extension only executes once the page has completely loaded.

saint1d

Head Gardener

Polo said:
saint1d said:
Mine has stopped working. The overview stuff stopped first, then everything else has stopped. Have disable and re-enabled the extension and have re-installed it a couple of times. Bummer cos I really miss it :(

Is this some kind of scam to get me to donate, ie if I do it will all suddenly start working again?

If so then I'll donate asap :p
How do you connect to the internet? Terraken had a similar problem using a usb dongle-thing from a mobile provider and I had a similar problem when I had to use my phone as a bluetooth modem.

Another possible cause is an image used in your colour scheme isn't loading/takes ages to load as the extension only executes once the page has completely loaded.

Yeah saw Terrakans problem, but no its through my router and nothing has changed in the past week or so. I did install a couple of other extensions but they are relating to Facebook not Bush. Maybe I should try removing them and re-installing nobreakspace again.

saint1d

Head Gardener

saint1d said:
I did install a couple of other extensions but they are relating to Facebook not Bush. Maybe I should try removing them and re-installing nobreakspace again.

yep that's it, deleted the other extensions and that seems to have sorted it. Oh the joy :D

Dematto

Weeder

i can't find this being suggested before, so I'm just going to. a suggestion made from my mobile phone: a Mini Opera extension for mobile phones! i'd happily pay a few pounds to get the extension on my phone aswell.

DR4545

Pruner

When you Fly Over somebody and the addon tells you how many ticks they have been unplanted, it goes by what crop has the most seeds. For example if you fly over someone who has these seeds:

Seed Type Amount
Tree X (£Y)
Bush X (£Y)
Flower 0 (£0)
Grass 0 (£0)

It will tell you they haven't been online for several ticks. But, they clearly are online because they planted one crop type.

So, the add-on should go by whichever crop type has been grown in the fewest ticks instead.

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

DR4545 said:
When you Fly Over somebody and the addon tells you how many ticks they have been unplanted, it goes by what crop has the most seeds. For example if you fly over someone who has these seeds:

Seed Type Amount
Tree X (£Y)
Bush X (£Y)
Flower 0 (£0)
Grass 0 (£0)

It will tell you they haven't been online for several ticks. But, they clearly are online because they planted one crop type.

So, the add-on should go by whichever crop type has been grown in the fewest ticks instead.
No it doesn't, it's based on Bush seeds only. As the others vary with the seasons, Bush is the most accurate.

Dematto

Weeder

I suggest a check then? if($other_types.equals("0")) { $ticks_offline = 0; }

are you done yet with the Mini Opera version btw? ;)

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Dematto said:
I suggest a check then? if($other_types.equals("0")) { $ticks_offline = 0; }
Pfft, I'd assume that most players had the initiative to know that if any of them are 0, the target has just planted. :p
Dematto said:
are you done yet with the Mini Opera version btw? ;)
Not going to happen, sorry. :(

DR4545

Pruner

Polo, I picked the number zero because it sticks out. The number may not be zero, depending on the crop layout they may have planted Grass 6 ticks ago, Bush 120 ticks ago. It may not be apparent if the target has a lot of grass acres because the numbers will look huge. Obviously most people don't grow crops like this but some people decide not to grow because they want their score to stay low :D

Or, maybe a target was short on Gards and only grew Tree seeds. Someone with 1 Tree acre that planted 120 ticks ago will have the same seeds as someone with 120 Tree acres that planted 1 tick ago. So in this example the target grew Tree 1 tick ago, Bush 120 ticks ago. Unless the player reads the acre counts they could assume the player indeed hasn't been on for 120 ticks :D

Jubjub

Planter

My Nobreakspace doesn't seem to be working right... This is the first round i've used it, so i may just be new to it, but it doesn't seem to be showing me my amount of harvs and income or can it not calculate that before the start of the round?
Also no Plant All or Sell to 1m button on Maitenance and Supply Depot..

Thanks ;]

chingaste

Pruner

the extension doesnt work during break between rounds. just to let u and others know. i noticed this last break

Max

Garden Designer

I have a suggestion to make about the graphs. I think they're awesome and you've done a terrific job, but I was wondering if it was possible to have some sort of zoom tool on it? I often find that I'd like to see, for example, the changes in valuation rank more closely over a smaller range, but because of a particularly low ranked effectiveness score, or bad round start, this is difficult to ascertain.

Perhaps the user could enter the range over which they want to see the data? This would probably be easier to implement than a click and drag magnifying glass tool, but I'm guessing :)

If you don't think it's necessary then fair enough, but I think it would make the graphs even better and more rewarding than they already are :D

Nitrous

Head Gardener

This version of nobreakspace has expired. Please update to the latest version.

I get that message on every page of bush. I have went onto the wbesite to update the plug-in.

Restarted Firefox. Same thing occurs again and again.

Im on version 1.2.

Help?

Nitrous

Head Gardener

By the looks of things, I am not the only one either. Same problem has occured with several others.

/me senses a BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG!

myziot

Planter

yes, a bug. I bet it's being fixed now anyway. Let's be patient and play the game as it was few rounds ago :D

myziot

Planter

Set your system callendar back 1 year and it'll work. It has a built in expiration date for some reason.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

myziot said:
Set your system callendar back 1 year and it'll work. It has a built in expiration date for some reason.

presumably i'd rather not do that, cmon polo you sexy genius ;)