Landscape Designer
Re: War breaks out in the Caucasus

In Soviet Russia, WARS HAVE YOU!

da, was good time.

MattM

Tree Surgeon
Community Operator

Its a sad day for the international community when it sits back and watches Russia invade another country completely wantonly and openly. We should be acting now; get UN and Nato forces into Georgia now. Unless Russia wants the whole world on its back, they should back down.

I'm aware Russia has sent in its forces 'to protect Russian citizens in South Ossetia'. Cut out the crap Putin (yes, Putin, not the puppet President), this is openly trying to annexe another country's territory. Blockading Black Sea ports? Missile strikes in and around Georgian military bases near Tblisi? This is a declaration of war. It makes me sick.

Bunion

Harvester

My best friend is doing an internship at the UN atm, and since this happened, has had 3 hours sleep a night. They are doing something...

</3 bureaucracy.

No-Dachi

Official Helper

They're probably doing a lot of discussion, coffe-drinking, "self-sacrification", and lots of other types of important, time-consuming excuses.

TheNamelessWonder

Tree Surgeon

Well there isn't much they can do, since Russia has veto power on the Security Council.

Bunion

Harvester

And thus the endless debate over wtf they can do.

Only thing they can do atm is talk talk the russians into pulling out...like that's going to happen -.-

Jorizz

Pruner

First off all I'd like to express my concern over this topic, this seems one of those conflicts that could get completly out of hand. First of all, the UN is powerless as stated, its got a veto and so does its buddy China. The only organisation that can act now is the NATO, now I'd oppose a NATO intervention mainly because people need to realise the 'glorious' West is no longer there, we send NATO troops there and **** hits the fan. China, India, The Middle East, Africa, Japan would all - possibly military - support Russia. It would be a battle that first of all would not be worth it and is impossible to win. This is just Russia flexing its muscles because of the Serbia/Kosovo thing showing it will not tolerate people scrambling in their backyard, Georgia's president made major oppertunistic diplomatic mistakes and I'm afraid he's just going to have to pay the price..

Angela

Harvester

Jorizz said:
First off all I'd like to express my concern over this topic, this seems one of those conflicts that could get completly out of hand. First of all, the UN is powerless as stated, its got a veto and so does its buddy China. The only organisation that can act now is the NATO, now I'd oppose a NATO intervention mainly because people need to realise the 'glorious' West is no longer there, we send NATO troops there and smeg hits the fan. China, India, The Middle East, Africa, Japan would all - possibly military - support Russia. It would be a battle that first of all would not be worth it and is impossible to win. This is just Russia flexing its muscles because of the Serbia/Kosovo thing showing it will not tolerate people scrambling in their backyard, Georgia's president made major oppertunistic diplomatic mistakes and I'm afraid he's just going to have to pay the price..

The people who die in the war pay the price and because the president made diplomatic mistakes doesnt make it right!

No-Dachi

Official Helper

Jorizz said:
First off all I'd like to express my concern over this topic, this seems one of those conflicts that could get completly out of hand. First of all, the UN is powerless as stated, its got a veto and so does its buddy China. The only organisation that can act now is the NATO, now I'd oppose a NATO intervention mainly because people need to realise the 'glorious' West is no longer there, we send NATO troops there and **** hits the fan. China, India, The Middle East, Africa, Japan would all - possibly military - support Russia. It would be a battle that first of all would not be worth it and is impossible to win. This is just Russia flexing its muscles because of the Serbia/Kosovo thing showing it will not tolerate people scrambling in their backyard, Georgia's president made major oppertunistic diplomatic mistakes and I'm afraid he's just going to have to pay the price..

Japan rushing in to support Russia? heh..

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

No-Dachi said:
Jorizz said:

Or India for that matter. :)

No-Dachi

Official Helper

Hobbezak said:
No-Dachi said:
Jorizz said:

I'd love to see Africa unite and rally up to save the northern bear as well ;p

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

No-Dachi said:
Hobbezak said:
[quote="No-Dachi":3h744bbx]
Jorizz said:

I'd love to see Africa unite and rally up to save the northern bear as well ;p[/quote:3h744bbx]

Yeah, everyone hates the West! :(

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

f0xx said:
West? Russia is East... The Americas are west.

OMG really? :O
Ofcourse I meant to make lightly sarcastic comment towards Jorizz. :(
Sarcasm on forums, it's a dangerous combination. :'(

Hobbezak

Garden Designer

f0xx said:
I don't like making jokes about war...

Wasn't referring to war, I was referring to the black-and-white picture that Jorizz painted about the current international allegiances.