IRC Ops.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
I'm not entirely certain who is responsible for making sure that there are OPs online and who is capable of 'hiring' new IRC Operators. But a bit of harassment on a particular individual's part in IRC during the UK/Euro night highlights the fact that there simply isn't any IRC Op coverage throughout any portion of the night, save when Asmo is online and paying attention.

I have seen Angela on about 3 times in the last several months. Bobbin, and Darryl are online and fairly watchful and pretty fair most of the time when they are on during the UK day and sometimes in Bobbin's case late (ish). Gadfly i have barely heard a peep from in months also.

Charlie_B i haven't seen in ages, and Treedude is as elusive as ever.

Maxi- hasn't been online afaik in #bushtarion (if he even still *is* an OP anymore....) in some time.

Now, i like most of the OPs, and find that they mostly do their jobs and duties very well. However having a period of about 12 hours where there is essentially no authority in #bushtarion usually wouldn't be a problem, but occasionally people get out of hand etc and there isn't anything to be done and the rest of us who aren't european and asleep have to suffer through reams of bullshit and stupid behaviour without being able to get anything done about this.

For those of you clever beings who are going to respond with 'well it's not active anyways so just ignore him/her/it' are missing the point that despite being able to do that, perhaps it's time for a look at the activity of the OPs and perhaps make some changes in either the staff, or their availability.

Ta.

Angela

Harvester
Re: IRC Ops.

Dont know about you but ive been on irc for the last 3 days solid sure over the past my activity hasnt been great everyone needs time out now and then but over the last few weeks ive been very active :). The fact that some irc ops are on a different timezone to you might be a issue here? Some (ie me) have learnt not to sit up all night playing bushtarion anymore.

Markb

Harvester
Community Operator

What about me? :(

I try and have IRC open at work, and have a glance when I can. Because I commute I have limited times in the evening when I'm on, as I get in at 7pm, have dinner, shower, and have to settle down at 10/10:30 as I have to get up early for the next day :(

Obviously, Azzer is the man

No-Dachi

Official Helper

I doubt he's saying your an inactive git, Angela. I think the point he's trying to make is the lack of "nightcover", and not the lack of activity amongst IRC ops.

Angela

Harvester

No-Dachi said:
I doubt he's saying your an inactive git, Angela. I think the point he's trying to make is the lack of "nightcover", and not the lack of activity amongst IRC ops.

in that case i agree we need more active night cover

Nitrous

Head Gardener

Alcibiades said:
Maxi- hasn't been online afaik in #bushtarion (if he even still *is* an OP anymore....) in some time.

He's on holiday thats why. :p

Martin

Garden Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator

Relocate me to America on the behalf 'Biggest Brightest Games' bank account and I'll do it.

Garrett

Landscape Designer

Martin said:
Relocate me to America on the behalf 'Biggest Brightest Games' bank account and I'll do it.

hot damn that's the best suggestion i've heard in a great while.

Mysterious

Harvester

Asmodeous said:
If there's a problem and I'm online but haven't noticed it then by all means highlight me and I'll be right there.

That's hilarious :p

Asmodeous

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Mysterious said:
Asmodeous said:
If there's a problem and I'm online but haven't noticed it then by all means highlight me and I'll be right there.

That's hilarious :p

How so?

Sometimes when I'm on I'm not actively monitoring IRC. I also don't spend every moment, active or not, staring at the Bush channel. Hence the "highlight me and I'll be right there" bit.

Mysterious

Harvester

Oopsie :oops: I meant to quote Martin. Sorrrrry Asmo, no offence intended to you on my part xD

Maxi

Head Gardener
Super Moderator
Community Operator

I was indeed on Holiday for 2 weeks. When I'm home, I'm on almost every day.

But yes, if it seems necessary (ie people getting away with ban offenses) we should get more (/other) Ops. ;)