Ninja Gaiden Expert

Nitrous

Head Gardener
I need a Ninja Gaiden expert! Or at least someone who has completed chapter 2. I am stuck on the boss monster. Any tips? Because I am literally . . that close to restarting the whole game. lol

Garrett

Landscape Designer
Re: Ninja Gaiden Expert

i know they re-released ninja gaiden, but it pretty much plays like the xbox version that came out years ago yes?

if so, i can help. if it's different entirely, i cannot.

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

The boss Genshin after the second chapter you mean?

He's a total pain in the arse. He's the hardest boss you'll fight all game i think, or just about. Considering your skill level at the time of the game start and how amazingly good/fast/painful that boss is, he made me throw my controller at the wall several times, he took me 34 tries over 2 days. (I am not one prone to throwing controllers either, this is the only game i've ever lost my temper this badly about.)

Anyway, there is an easy way to kick his ass that requires only a little dodging dexterity and the use of one move repeatedly, it's cheap, but i think at this stage you won't care so long as the f****r is dead right? ;)

As soon as he finishes his string of attacks (after opening with a Flying Swallow attack which you *must* dodge at the start of each fight either left or right), launch a triple YYY attack on him with the Dragon Sword, then back off and dodge block til the next time to hit him, then hammer him with the YYY maneuver again, and rinse repeat and he'll die quickly enough. It may still take you a try or two to get it right, but that strategy works, just make sure in your dodging that you don't stray *too* far from him. If you go too far he'll block your attack and beat you into a bloody pulp lol. Also, when you use Ninpo it provides you with a temporary invincibility from (i think) all attacks as long as the animation vid is still in effect and that can be really handy to keep you alive from a string of attacks, even though the magic itself won't really hurt him very badly.

Also, some things NOT to do include jumping, there is a better then 40% chance he'll snatch you out of the air and beat you bloody. Don't use Flying Swallow attacks on him for that same reason, he'll always block them and then will kill you. At the end of his combo string, you can block most of the moves up to that last one, but it's super powerful and will blow through your block so dodging is absolutely vital in this fight.

Goodluck mate, let me know how it goes and i hope this helped. ;)

on the upside, it is the most irritating part of the game and thank god it's done early ;P

Nitrous

Head Gardener

The hardest boss of the game at the end of Chapter/Level 2! Now *thats* a first. Thanks Alci, I'll try your method today - all day if need be ;). I'm hoping it works, don't exactly want to dash my controller against the wall again. :oops:

Garrett

Landscape Designer

it doesn't surprise me in the first release of ninja gaiden for the xbox the hardest boss by far was the chp 6 demon. the demon huntress's sister. she caused me to restart the game. owned her ever since, but sometimes restarting is the way to go... use less potions... have better feel for the game, etc etc.

Nitrous

Head Gardener

<Nitrous> OMG!!!
<Nitrous> I defeated chapter 2 boss in Ninja Gaiden 2
<Nitrous> FINALLY!!!

I restarted as you suggested Garrett. Got to grips with the sword and used that to defeat the dude. Was so hard!

Alci, I didn't end up using your attacks. I used the same defense, but different attacks. With the sword, you simply dodge to the side during his combo attacks and hit Y quickly. That should do a move where Ryu slices and jumps up, and slices as he comes back down. It takes bits of his life away. But do that over and over again and you'll kill him. O and whenever I got caught by those powerful attacks, where he charges up and then flies at you I used an item to re-heal the health damage that attack causes, since it causes a lot!

But anyway, thanks a lot you. Combination of your advise worked in the end. <3 :symp2:

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist

Oh mate i don't mind how you did it, i remember how good i felt when i finally beat him. That being said, i did also restart, but mostly just because i didn't really know how to play, i'd never played teh game before, so yeah, i guess i should have mentioned that ;)

Garrett

Landscape Designer

the latest indiana jones movie.

best i can do srry.