• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Lazy Alliance defence buttons

Augustus

Head Gardener
This is more aimed at Polo or Antis and their amazing FF plugins. As I am a lazy mofo and have the memory of a Goldfish with Alzheimers I would like buttons on the military page that you can assign ID numbers too. So when it comes to defending multiple targets you can click a button to defend a specific ID, enter the troops you will send (in the normal way) and then click send. I have a serious problem with remembering ID numbers and find myself constantly going between the Alliance page and military page, which is really annoying. This would also speed up the defending process, which would be great if you've just logged on with 2 minutes to go before the Tick. Would appreciate responses from Polo and Antis and anyone else who ahs something constructive to say :)

CLem

Head Gardener
Re: Lazy Alliance defence buttons

won't it be more useful if Azzer could code it such that the military page and the alliance page can be integrated? so either on the military page you can see incomings or on the alliance page you have a defend button next to the ID which links you to the military page with the ID filled in already.

I remember something about Azzer loving the human error nature of the game, so doubt he will do it, but worth a shot:p

langa

Digger

i think this idea could be very effective not only with defence but attacking aswell. i tend to be a bit of a prick when it comes to targeting and if i find a weakness i love to repeat attack. however much like you my goldfish brother im always searching over my old news pages to find the easy n00b who only has rangers.

i think the "store id" option would be extreamly handy and time effective, tick boxes would be the best setup, so that if u had more than 1 id to defend/attack that tick but you wanted to send identical mobs you could just type in your troops as normal and tick the targets. although i definatly think the id's stored should be colour coordinated (green/red) and specified friend or foe so that you dont accidently launch an attack on a mate or vise versa. or even if it doesnt launch at all since he is in your ally, it will stop the mob going out with the wrong intention much like the current setup

Augustus

Head Gardener

langa said:
i think this idea could be very effective not only with defence but attacking aswell.

I was only suggesting for defence for exactly this reason! You have player notes in journal for building up an attacks ID list, so this suggestion is purely for Defending (could work for P-naps as well).

Augustus

Head Gardener

CLem said:
won't it be more useful if Azzer could code it such that the military page and the alliance page can be integrated? so either on the military page you can see incomings or on the alliance page you have a defend button next to the ID which links you to the military page with the ID filled in already.

I remember something about Azzer loving the human error nature of the game, so doubt he will do it, but worth a shot:p

I like your suggestion, but I think you're right that Azzer would not implement it. Which is why I think Antis or Polo would take this suggestion more seriously (I hope). As to whether they could implement your superior 'lazy defence links' more easily than my suggestion I don't know.

langa

Digger

lol and the alliance page is to see incomming? thats the biggest contradition ive ever heard in my life mate. if the idea is to save time for alliances with defence then why cant the tool be used to optimise attack speed aswell? seems a bit unfair from a solo player pov

Polo

Garden Designer
Super Moderator

Augustus said:
This is more aimed at Polo or Antis and their amazing FF plugins. As I am a lazy mofo and have the memory of a Goldfish with Alzheimers I would like buttons on the military page that you can assign ID numbers too. So when it comes to defending multiple targets you can click a button to defend a specific ID, enter the troops you will send (in the normal way) and then click send. I have a serious problem with remembering ID numbers and find myself constantly going between the Alliance page and military page, which is really annoying. This would also speed up the defending process, which would be great if you've just logged on with 2 minutes to go before the Tick. Would appreciate responses from Polo and Antis and anyone else who ahs something constructive to say :)
Too much coding for too little gain. Sorry. :p

Although, it *may* be possible to add a link on the "Your Alliance" page next to each member which would take you to the military page and enter the ID for you automatically?

CLem

Head Gardener

langa said:
lol and the alliance page is to see incomming? thats the biggest contradition ive ever heard in my life mate. if the idea is to save time for alliances with defence then why cant the tool be used to optimise attack speed aswell? seems a bit unfair from a solo player pov

this is meant to be an alliance based game.... solos have an easy life anyway

Augustus

Head Gardener

Polo said:
Although, it *may* be possible to add a link on the "Your Alliance" page next to each member which would take you to the military page and enter the ID for you automatically?

That would be perfect! Makes more sense than my idea actually :lol:

philipd12

Harvester

That would be a good idea.
i always forget what to send and then end up sending to attack the person attacking and mess everything up :p