• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

Hit List

philipd12

Harvester
Just a brief idea that i had. Would go with or instead of the enemy list as everyone knows in its current state it needs some form of improving.
How it will work:
Firstly if somebody gets attacked, then they will be able to put the person who attacked them on a hit list that anyone on the game can attack if they are within the correct range (for a price). The greater the damage that is done on this attack will then be used to decide the amount of bounty that can be put on this player, therefore to gain bounty you dont have to just attack people that have attacked you it could be a range of people that have been attacking, will create a greater risk on attacking people.
Just an idea. :D

Augustus

Head Gardener
Re: Hit List

Perhaps this could be expanded by having a dynamic bounty depending on how much the attacker has bashed the victim. i.e. depending on the difference in value a multiplier is used on the original bounty put forward by the victim.

30%-35% 10x bounty
35%-40% 7x bounty
40%-50% 5x bounty
50%-60% 2x bounty

This is just a rough system I have made up on the spot, I'm sure more though could be put into it to make the prospect of a new bounty system more interesting. I'm sure that this will be incredibly unpopular amongst all those bashers out there :p

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

this was suggested a few times on the old forums (in different forms)...i dont remember any strong arguments against it...

personally i am liking any idea which makes bounty hunting actually good (and takes away this shitty enemies thing) although for some reason there is something in my head telling me this wouldnt work/is abusable...but i cant right now think of any argument against it...

lol

philipd12

Harvester

was just a brief idea.
sure there are plenty of ways of improving it :)

f0xx

Landscape Designer

The only way I see any bounty suggestion to be a successful one is if the players themself put their own funds on the heads on whoever they want.

Then when someone attacks the person with bounty they should gain a percent of the whole bounty which is an equivalent of the % of the real score (unit unit) that the bounty hunter has killed.

Example.

Someone has bounty on his head, I attack him and kill 90% of his unit score which means that I should gain 90% of the bounty placed on his head.

Also that should be the way it works no matter whether you attack someone 200% or 30% of you.

I don't think its a good idea for the game itself to determine how much bounty should be placed on someone's head...

philipd12

Harvester

Im saying that the other players can place a bounty on players that have previously attacked them. But this will cost money (dont no how much)

Augustus

Head Gardener

f0xx said:
Also that should be the way it works no matter whether you attack someone 200% or 30% of you.

I don't think its a good idea for the game itself to determine how much bounty should be placed on someone's head...

The problem with this is that if you attack someone 30% of your size , they are then unlikely to be able to place a proportianate Bounty on your head compared to the damage you have done. This would make you a not so attractive target for claiming that Bounty, thus rendering the system useless. The current flaw with the enemies system is that you end up with a list of people who have bashed you, without some sort of scaled system the same problem will translate to this suggested replacement. f0xx do you have a good arguement for why it should be that way? Or is it just your personal preference?

CLem

Head Gardener

if he is a true basher he will have lots of players that can place a bounty on his head thus accumulate to a big bounty ;)

f0xx

Landscape Designer

Augustus said:
f0xx said:

The problem with this is that if you attack someone 30% of your size , they are then unlikely to be able to place a proportianate Bounty on your head compared to the damage you have done. This would make you a not so attractive target for claiming that Bounty, thus rendering the system useless. The current flaw with the enemies system is that you end up with a list of people who have bashed you, without some sort of scaled system the same problem will translate to this suggested replacement. f0xx do you have a good arguement for why it should be that way? Or is it just your personal preference?

What CLem said, plus the fact that I never said that players should be able to place bounties only on people who have attacked them... they should be able to place bounty on whoever player they like. That is what a true bounty system is like. It is not the system which should determine whether a player deserves a bounty or not, it should be the players themself.

Augustus

Head Gardener

Thats a good point Clem, I hadn't considered the possibility of more than one person placing a bounty on his head. I can imagine this getting out of hand though, imagine a whole alliance placing a bounty on someone....just for the fun of it (I know I would). f0xx don't ya think that a bounty placed on anyone by anyone would be abusable? I would have thought the multis would do well from this, they'd be able to farm bounty and sort of launder money as they transfer funds from their multi IDs to the main ID. Also it would pobably get quite personal, with people placing a bounty on someone purely cos they don't like them rather than it being a part of the game. An open bounty placing system would cause too much trouble IMO as it would only be a matter of time before someone came up with a way to exploit it.

philipd12

Harvester

I think an open bounty system would be way to abusable and leave smaller allainces more vunerable to the bigger allainces. e.g. a big allaince could put a bounty on all the members from a smaller allaince then bash them, also gaining bounty.

f0xx

Landscape Designer

You guys are taking this to the extreme a bit...

@Augustus: multi's are Azzer's problem, not a problem to the bounty system. Besides why should someone bother with this bounty system when he can just steal funds/land/troops from his multi... no logic.

philipd12 has a point though, I haven't really thought about that, oh well, open bounty system doesn't seem so good to me now.

Augustus

Head Gardener

f0xx said:
You guys are taking this to the extreme a bit...

@Augustus: multi's are Azzer's problem, not a problem to the bounty system. Besides why should someone bother with this bounty system when he can just steal funds/land/troops from his multi... no logic.

Tbh it was a poorly thought out way an open Bounty system could be abused, philipd12 has come up with a much better reason why it could be exploited :)

philipd12

Harvester

thnx :D
but i still think that the bounty should be chosen by other players just needs to be a method that is less likely to be abused.