Civilization Revolution

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer
Does anybody have this game yet? It is out in Euro for 360, PS3, DS I think. I thought it was coming out 2 days ago in US, but it turns out 1 month from 2 days ago :(

Is it any good? How is it compared to civ3/civ4? Does the DS version (only one of the 3 that I have :/) have all the gameplay that the 360/PS3 have?

Alvestein

Garden Designer
Re: Civilization Revolution

wheres the pc version?! this is an outrage!

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

oh god...how have i not even heard of this and it comes out in 2 days....im definately buying it...looks awesome

although i have civ 4 for PC and will probably continue to play that as well as i quite like the length at which a game can be whereas for the console the games are a couple of hours.

x

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

anyone got this yet? i was gonna go out and buy it today but i think im gonna hold off until i finish all my exams (got one left) so i dont have too many distractions

Ill prob buy it anyway but if someone has it would like to hear their comments...

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator

well, cos of this thread i decided to dig out civ 4 (was still packed from when i moved house) to find that the disk wasnt in the box

i then spent over an hour looking everywhere and came to the conclusion i have lost the old disk...so i went out and bought the Civ 4 Complete pack...which has civ 4 plus the 2 expansion packs...have only played 1 of them but its pretty good...basically just gives you more leaders, nations, troops

also in the second expansion pack there are some cool new decision features, for example sometimes a "natural disaster" or accident will happen and you have to decide what to do...

also rather than just killing a nation completely a nation that is loosing badly to you in war can become your "vassal"...meaning that the nation still operates under control of the computer for the most part but you can take control of the troops it has and i believe you also get a % of income

Anyway, some cool new features, if anyone doesnt have a 360 and want to get some fresh civ action i'd recomend the Civ 4 Complete pack (which is also only £20 from argos atm).

Edit: Damn the addictiveness though, i have played about 6 hours of Civ today...bye bye good grades...lol

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

Haha, I only have the original of Civ4 :( So nobody will play with me since a few months ago so I quit playing. I r cheap!

Iamsmart

Landscape Designer

So nobody has this yet to tell me how it is? :(

Kyle

Digger

I've also played the demo and I completely agree that It's been dumbed down for the casual audience. Tons of features have been removed, and a lot of the gameplay has been revamped. If you're a die hard fan of the old Civs, then you'll be dissappointed with Revolution IMO.