• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

concept alliance

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
the details are here

thought id post in suggestions so I can get feed back here. and any interest can be expressed in the thread itself.

any (relevant) feed back welcome.

Last edited:

Max

Garden Designer
Hi willy, I can totally understand where you are coming from with the alliance, but I fear that it will struggle to succeed on two accounts.

1) The honour and integrity of the scheme. It relies on a lot of rules to be obeyed and followed - I fear that for a lot of players this does not offer enough liberation to attack who they want how they want when they want (and can for that matter).

2) The size of the playerbase. I could imagine this potentially working a few years back, with 1500-2000 players, but when there are only a couple of hundred I struggle to invisage this working.

Personally I think that this would work far more effectively if it was a Mercenary PNAP triangle! 3 people who would be willing to abide by the rules, who between them have the routes to beat anyone else, and who can team up to achieve the more difficult kills. Far more achievable that way.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
What Max said,

playerbase to small,

its not honourable.

btw you should rename the concept alliance to "slaves"

its not meant to be honourable.....mercenaries are not honourable. its meant to liven things up and allow the balance be tipped in alliance battles, by those who want to use the service

people join the alliance if they want to be hired out to kill people and have lots of attacks organised for them. the alliance hiring them supplies id list they want killed. no spies needed.

they can pursue personal vendettas in the grace periods. but i can see where you are coming from max. would we find 20 people willing to do this....we'll see. maybe longer grace periods would be needed for people to have enough freedom. or a smaller group.

Last edited:

Davs

Garden Designer
I'm siding with Max in the sense that I don't think the playerbase is big enough for it to work properly atm. That being said, if I could make myself active enough I'd be interested in giving it a go.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
You shall have to continue planting spies in alliances to get your information like you guys normally do.

plant spies....i dont think anyone does that anymore. who are "you guys?"(any personal attacks on my integrity or that of my "guys" please pm or put in politics forum, do not derail the thread with flames/lies, maybe try to set an example to others like a good little moderator?)
You ask feedback, ill provide, even if its harsh.

there are 3 different types of people who annoy me in this game:
1. people who spy
2. people who condone spies
3. people who let other people spy for there own (alliance) benefit

and you willy, make a fourth which is in my opinion the even worse and the most despicable,
4. people who reward people for spying. you guys

srsly i dont think you have a clue of what youre saying nor that what the effects of your concept would bring to this game.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
ah, i see. ignore my previous rants then :p

but why would someone want to share there id lists with names with you?
the only benefit you guys could have from that is to kill them another time.
its like: here is the list of the people we want you to kill, ow and heres our list so you can kill us after that.

sounds silly?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
ah, i see. ignore my previous rants then :p

but why would someone want to share there id lists with names with you?
the only benefit you guys could have from that is to kill them another time.
its like: here is the list of the people we want you to kill, ow and heres our list so you can kill us after that.

sounds silly?

lol, best i could think of in terms of payment. Feel free to suggest a better alternative, a kind of sign of trust you wont try to screw us over when we are out killing your enemies(can you delete the posts between me and you that are not to do with the concept pretty please, or reduce/consolidate/edit)

to get the hired help you need to be willing to sacrafice some of you own security, safeguards. If you want our help you need to give us info we can use to determin your members active times[confidential information known only to senior members]. you need to be willing to risk a little to gain an alliegance. And if you want/need the help you need to be ready for repercussions if the people you got us to hit want revenge on you. its just a bit of fun. Really gains us little, but would be nice to keep an eye on who is who and have a bit of banta with friends in other alliances. Also if we keep hitting you we allready have your ids. You may as well tell us who you are and get us to attack some one else for a bit and help you rebuild getting you land. and a grace period after it to build up an army.

I just saw it as a bit of fun, get to know more members of the comunity, have a chance to play along side people i havent played with before without being in the same alliance as them, to have an alliance that has no loyalties and could potentially have gained alot of intel at thier disposal if some one wanted to use them. And wont hold a vendetta whilst under a contract. and just wanted to see if anyone might be interested in the future to try it out with me.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
the biggest issue i see with the alliance is like mentioned 20 members...= alot of regrowing if we suicide to get a lower alliance in range. not every one likes rebuilding. and it may not be so easy to rebuild. so a small solo network may be a better approach. but its easier to message an AHQ than a solo group. and gives every one in game access to the facility. not just forum active people

tobapopalos

Hydroponics Developer
You could have one inactive guy in a one-man alliance called "Bounty Hunter Embassy" so people with requests mail the HQ and he passes the message on to the solo group. That gives you the advantage of keeping your IDs quiet and you won't become a target. Very cloak and dagger.

Although my idea is pretty pimping, I doubt the concept as a whole would work :p

Should make it much simpler. If you want payment for a job then ask for it in BCs. Someone makes a request and you give them a quote on how much it will cost them. You can decide on the price depending on the scale and difficulty of the job. If they don't like it they can walk away without giving you any information at all. If they accept then they give you their IDs as a downpayment, and when the job is completed the client pays you, and you delete the ID list (without giving access to the IDs to any of your alliance). If they default on payment then you give the IDs to your alliance and organise some hits on them.

It is a nice idea, but as has been pointed out, I don't think it is feasible in the game today.

atsanjose

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Should make it much simpler. If you want payment for a job then ask for it in BCs.
Real Money for in game services:
19.1 - It's forbidden to offer or request real money to other players in exchange for game services.
19.2 – It is forbidden to offer or request any form of account upgrade (eg Bushtarion Credits) to other players in exchange for game services.