Deus Ex (*Contains spoilers*)

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah the energy bar not automatically coming back over time is annoying as hell...although saying that ive got like 20 nutrition bars at any one time easy. I never use them though, ive found it easy to get round just running on the one bar.

Object heavy move isnt needed at all IMO. I read into it a bit and any time there is something too heavy to move to get to an area if you look around you will find smaller boxes which can be used to build a ledge that you can jump up from.

I have upgraded hacking all the way (as you need it for the side missions) and upgraded my cloak system as that really helps with sneaky past guards. I also have the social augmentation (as i needed it for an achievement). The icarus landing system (so you can fall from any height) isnt that essential but sometimes its the only way to use a shortcut to sneak past guards so i have that also.
Im the same willy, i hate to not be able to pick something up so i've fully upgraded my inventory. Throughout the game im always sitting on 4/5 praxis points so i can upgrade accordingly to certain points in the game.

I too have fully upgraded my pistol with everything. Its beastly!!! I havent done any other weapon upgrades as im playing moderately stealthy so always take out guards with headshots.

Dark_Angel

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Community Operator
Only thing putting me off the xbox 360 version is the modding community for the game a bit further down the line?

Is this a valid concern?

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
pinpower. Thats correct if you dont want to have recoil supression and use the automatic weapons then it is unuecessary getting heavy lift and punch through walls. Also all the detroit side missions can be done at level 2 hacking. Up to the wharehouse. I dunno when you are forced to upgrade, but im delaying it to the max

That said if you do like to engage in a firefight when facing enemies that dont give exp for being killed. Then its nice to be able to have some fun, lift an item like a dumpster and use it as a shield. Throw it at them. And nock them down, and or use automatice weapons without insane recoil. my favourite so far is to block people in with fridges and grenaid them. And finding stuff behind heavy objects is a bonus. If you are going pure stealth then this isnt an issue. And breaking through walls also needed for the recoil suppresion isnt needed. I assumed sooner or later id meet an enemy and get locked in a gun fight where it would be handy. It dramatically improves the combat rifle having no recoil

angel... The mods? i cant envisage any mods so fun that you woould really mis out on xbox...what do you envisage? Any official updates come out on the consoles too.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Yeah willy ive since got the recoil supression as im pretty near the end so have to take on some (sort of) difficult bosses and there isnt enough 10mm ammo around to get through it all with that alone so im busting out the combat rifle!!!

In other news does anyone else attempt to get all the achievements in games, as thats what i try and do (or get close to it) so was going to go back and try and do a run never setting off an alarm but oh god i cant see how thats even possible!!!! I am playing stealthy to a degree anyway to make it easier and get some of the knockout/takedown achievements but i cant see how you could go through the entire game without ever being alarmed, must take forever!!!!

Alcibiades

Plant Geneticist
In other news does anyone else attempt to get all the achievements in games, as thats what i try and do (or get close to it) so was going to go back and try and do a run never setting off an alarm but oh god i cant see how thats even possible!!!! I am playing stealthy to a degree anyway to make it easier and get some of the knockout/takedown achievements but i cant see how you could go through the entire game without ever being alarmed, must take forever!!!!

Foxiest of the Hounds refers to if a guard runs up to an alarm panel and activates it, or a camera sets off an alarm, not the "alarmed" state that guards can go into.

Alarmed occurs whenever a guard sees (or hears) something out of the ordinary. For example, a door open, a dead body, a hole in the wall that you punched out etc. This state varies. This state WILL disqualify you from receiving Ghost if someone spotted you or a body or something similar. This state WILL NOT disqualify you from receiving Ghost if someone spots a door opening, a hole in the wall or something similar. (At least I think this is how it works, I've received and not received Ghost in these ways, but I'm not 100% sure if this is exactly how it works)

Text all copied from another website forum, but I would agree with it 100% so far.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Oh yeah i know, i think it would literally be impossible if it was when each person was alarmed but it seems to me they are so quick to trigger alarms. I guess im just not as sneaky as i thought half the time!!!! :p

I will attempt it on an easy playthrough though, probably at the same time as pacifist.

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
***spoiler*****

got to return to hengshaw. got a glitchy hud/augs. but i read if you get the new chips it has a kill switch for one of the boss fights....If i dont get the new chip will i still get glitches? is it a different ending or anything?

i dont mind no augs for one boss fight. got alot of upgrades for the guns think i can do it. but if there is no consequences of not getting the new chip i will leave it...

any advice?

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
Apparently there are like 6 different endings that hinge on a few choices made throughout the game. I looked into it when i came up to that part and nowhere did it specifically say that there is an outcome of not getting the chip other than you dont lose your augs during the hardest boss fight so i kept it!

But yeah quite possible it will affect the final cutscene or w/e

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
**spoiler**

ive noticed a few different options so far.

1). when you are back in detroit if you confront the humanity front speaker about his aid in public it gives you one option. if you sneak around and get the location of his aid without the confontation you can plant encriminating evidence as a kind of side quest, to discredit humnity first.

2). in the nightclub in hengshaw if you dont speak to the barman to be able to speak to the boss,(who is the barman) but sneak through the air vents you get to see a guy walk in and talk with him. except i never saw how this finished.

i dunno if it has any bearing on the end or just on the game later on. like i let that guy live on the first level. and he tried to screw me over with a boobie trapped praxis kit. when i went for the aid.his brother)

may have to look into it after my first playthrough... ps pinpower. i read that guy the boss you were on about. he can jump over objects that you hide behind. if you time it right you can do a take down on him in mid jump and kill him.
***spoiler***

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
cross bow use

I got the upgrade and at first was confused. i realise now what its doing.... it says it corrects/tracks target. so if a target is moving left a small circle to the left of the target will appear.... which corresponds to his movement

it DOES NOT track height. so if the target is in the distance the small circle doesnt show you where you should fire. it shows you where the bolt will land so correct for height your self. aiming above the target and the circle will follow. but line up with it for horizontal movment.

seems a silly error like they couldnt decide what they wanted it to do either show us where to shoot or where the bolt will go. dont do one for hieght but the other for yawn/target movement, may just be an xbox thing

summary
verticle drop- the cross hair shows you where the bolt will go ove distance
horizontal movement of target- the crosshair shows you where to aim.

i kept getting confused why it kept telling me to aim at the enmies feet.

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
is the crossbow good? pretty much all ive used the whole game is the 10mm pistol. fully upgraded that is beastly!!! and i now use the combat rifle (fairly upgraded) and revolver (with explosive rounds) for boss fights

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
nah crossbow is obsolete with expansion pack. ammo is rare. but i love sending people flying and pinning them to walls.

was trying to decide between upgrading machine pistol/combat rife if i played through again. i like the faster fire rate of extra clip length on m.p. but not much between them if u go for full upgrades. i use the fully upgraded 10m pistol and revolver too. but sometimes a bit of variety is nice. got the laser rifle too. shooting through walls and armour to get headshots is nice with the see through walls aug

hopefully i can use it on a boss from cover. takes robots out reasonably well too from range. but none of it is stealthy so i dont use it too much. would be better if you got equal points for killing as you do for non lethal take downs etc. so u can play as u like

pinpower

Landscape Designer
Super Moderator
I like that you get more points for stealthy takedowns as it takes more skill to do so but i agree that you should get the same amount of points for kills as you do for knocking enemies out if you do so without being seen. It should be based on whether you do it stealthy not whether you kill or not. (So headshots from miles away in cover would get you extra points and stuff like that)