• Those wishing to contribute to the game by making suggestions (both small and large) should read the following before doing so.

Bushtarion largely runs completely automatically, and has been designed intentionally to be as self-maintaining as possible, with mechanics and balance considered at a completed point.

Please do not spend large amounts of time coming up with complex suggestions in the hope that they will be read and possibly implemented in the future, unless you just enjoy the discussion, theory-craft, and such.

The most likely changes will be rules-changes, specific number-tweaks to units, techs, and similar sorts of changes, and only if a large community consensus is reached as "proof" that a change would, overall, be an improvement, and are more likely to be done in batches, occassionally, not as a regular thing.

round end sleep mode

willymchilybily

Landscape Designer
sleep mode i thought was cancled 24 hours before round end. it looks like its cancled now what 12 hours? before round end?

which is bs. as give some timezones the ability to sleep mode at round end and not others. it should be a full 24 hours. or (which im against) you should be able to sleep mode right up until the final tick.

its nto fair to have one rule for one and another for someone else. i was looking forward to killing 6 targets i log in see them all in sleep mode, ruined my fun :(

why is it fair that some one with +7 gmt can sleep mode for thier night time and be back on until round end. but for some one else that is lets say -10/-12 gmt its the middle of the night on the lead up to round end.

either remove for 24 hrs or allow until end tick

Twigley

Hydroponics Developer
At the start of the round:

Aussies get to play from 6am -> All way through day.
Americans get to play from 1pm -> All way through day.
Euros play from 6/7pm and Asians play at 2am or something.

I would much rather get a nights sleep and play at a nice time through the day than play till the attack phase of the game like i do now and have to stay up all night or get left for dust. But unforunately i can't do that as im Euro.

Timezone coverage can't be perfect all the time.
I don't think that the Euros and asians that "benifit" from this, shouldn't be able to just because American's and Aussies can't hit sleepmode while they sleep.

The whole point in sleepmode is so your troops that you worked on and spent all round sleepmoding are not killed. Why remove that on the last day and have it all thrown away?

It's just unforunate that American's and Aussies would maybe have to stay up or send out to id 1 eta 8 and wake up once like the Euros / Asians have to do at very early round start.

LAFiN

Tree Surgeon
I get to play 10am on...

Anyway, I think it should unlock 24hrs before round end.

Razorwolf

Pruner
At the start of the round:

Aussies get to play from 6am -> All way through day.
Americans get to play from 1pm -> All way through day.
Euros play from 6/7pm and Asians play at 2am or something.

I would much rather get a nights sleep and play at a nice time through the day than play till the attack phase of the game like i do now and have to stay up all night or get left for dust. But unforunately i can't do that as im Euro.

Timezone coverage can't be perfect all the time.
I don't think that the Euros and asians that "benifit" from this, shouldn't be able to just because American's and Aussies can't hit sleepmode while they sleep.

The whole point in sleepmode is so your troops that you worked on and spent all round sleepmoding are not killed. Why remove that on the last day and have it all thrown away?

It's just unforunate that American's and Aussies would maybe have to stay up or send out to id 1 eta 8 and wake up once like the Euros / Asians have to do at very early round start.

Your kidding right? I'm an aussie and I have to get up at 4 in the moring for round start... That's east side, west side of aus will need to get up at 2... And then round finishes normally around 3 in the morning I think. I totally agree with the no sleep 24 hours before round end.

or if its there so youre troops don't die, why not then offer the same to ppl who sleep up until round end, would save me having to get up...

Last edited:

Dax

Hydroponics Developer
Wholeheartedly agree.
I saw four or five people that portalled PURELY on the fact they used sleep mode every night and did no attacking - What is that all about? You shouldnt be encouraging that sort of gameplay. I was going to go all out in demolishing 3 of them for their troubles.
No sleep mode on the 24hours before end. Its reasonable enough that it can be implemented momentarily.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
i saw 40+ IDs portal with red titles, we shouldnt be encouraging that type of game play should we?

timtadams

Landscape Designer
Wholeheartedly agree.
I saw four or five people that portalled PURELY on the fact they used sleep mode every night and did no attacking - What is that all about? You shouldnt be encouraging that sort of gameplay. I was going to go all out in demolishing 3 of them for their troubles.
No sleep mode on the 24hours before end. Its reasonable enough that it can be implemented momentarily.

So a few people decided to cut seed production significantly to avoid being killed? And you then devloped a grudge against them and set about to try and zero them before round end

gg

lillie

Harvester
Wholeheartedly agree.

Just sometimes defending becomes more of a priority to some than attacking :D

btw we waited for you Dax but you never arrived <3

lilow x

FeR

Harvester
i saw 40+ IDs portal with red titles, we shouldnt be encouraging that type of game play should we?

You get punished with bounty on your head for being red.
You dont get punished at al for being in sleep mode.

44 9700 Cristian Ronaldo Illustrious Willson 16,182 13,778,055,303
That guy got final rank 44, being in sleep mode for like the entire month before round end or something. Then he justs login 12hs before round end, he wont die and would portal.

timtadams

Landscape Designer

You get punished with bounty on your head for being red.
You dont get punished at al for being in sleep mode.

44 9700 Cristian Ronaldo Illustrious Willson 16,182 13,778,055,303
That guy got final rank 44, being in sleep mode for like the entire month before round end or something. Then he justs login 12hs before round end, he wont die and would portal.

what a legend. Eliminated seed production for the last month, and still portalled

U MAD BRO?

Razorwolf

Pruner

also this is a quality point from TTT

Ummm, what does that have to do with sleep mode? Also the point that was being made is some ppl just sat there all round doing nothing and went sleep mode and still portalled. I say make them work for portal. Make them actually have to play one day like everyone who portals and don't need to use sleepmode

timtadams

Landscape Designer

also this is a quality point from TTT

Ummm, what does that have to do with sleep mode? Also the point that was being made is some ppl just sat there all round doing nothing and went sleep mode and still portalled. I say make them work for portal. Make them actually have to play one day like everyone who portals and don't need to use sleepmode

If you read all the posts, you would know the point was in response to the opinion that we shouldnt be encouraging [people going into sleep mode near round end] playstyle.

And do you seriously think that those people didnt have to do anything but sleep all round? There is plenty of time available to attack them while they are awake. Next time make use of it.

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
Dax, God bless his soul, raised the point of using sleepmode as a type of game play, that is being used to achieve portal. I pointed out that being dishonourable is also a type of game play that is used to portal (more used).

If people do absolutely nothing all round except sleep mode, i am amazed that they managed to reach portal while being handicapped by less income and other ppl stil cant outgrow them.

Not to mention that after rank 1 has claimed victory, going off past rounds, many of them do nothing for a large portion of the game and still portal. This raises another good point, if someone can portal while going to sleepmode each night or for the final month while having a handicapped growth, then surely they must've done a fair bit of work early round to have put them into that position to start with.

Dont say they only portalled because they couldnt be killed, that's a big enough issue with the mass contactability in the higher echelons of the game.

Last edited:

Rowan

Harvester
I think the issue is that say we have player #1 and player #2. Both are in <Shitty Generic Alliance> that is, say, Rank 4. Player #1 doesn't use sleepmode and instead, perhaps foolishly, relies on his alliance to defend him at night. He justified this by saying that sleepmode is boring (It really is.) and that increased seed production will outweigh the risk anyway. Player #2 sleepmodes at night so that he has an awesome excuse not to get pranked on for defence and because he's a wuss.
Now, when Player #1 inevitably gets undefendable inc from Rank 1/2/3 ally (Pick one, as if it matters) he gets raped etc etc loses weeks of dudes but hey he's still got a few harvs from injuries so he gets to keep up seed production woop woop woop. Player #2 is either online and can send out taking a landhit or in sleepmode so can't be hit.

Assuming that the two play the same amount a day, and Player #2 ends up at Rank 40 as opposed to Player #1 at like Rank 150, I can see why people get ****ed off at sleepmoders.

Max

Garden Designer
Interesting example Rowan, certainly illustrates a good example of sleep mode rage :D

Just to add a few more possibilities to it:

1) If sleep moding through a lot of the round, this will actually make it more dangerous, since players can launch during that rather deadly 3 tick window before it gets activated.

2) For uncontactable players, sleep mode is arguably an excellent option for mid-alliances and solos since it means that hard earned troops from bounty hunting / savings can be kept to help save the alliance the next day when they wake up. This is arguably more responsible than letting them all die and being no help to the alliance the next day.

3) When the higher alliance scores are far and above the score of the alliance: surely sending to the alliance HQ is the best option??? The members of the top alliance will be unable to attack the HQ and kill your troops, you can still be defended and you still get the seed production. I prefer sending to the HQ over sleep mode I must admit :D

4) For solos, if you log-off you are fair game. If you are capable of playing the game 16 hours a day every day and use sleep, then if you want you cannot lose your troops. If anyone is committed to the game so stoically, and cares so much about their troops (even outside the top 20), then I think that's actually their choice! It should still be possible to relieve them of land on a regular basis, which is at least something ;)

5) On the topic of Ronaldo, I too was rather annoyed. After his long sleep mode - I was determined to finish him off on the day he got out! I sent with Fras, but he was online and naturally, sent out. However, he redeemed himself by expertly buying up troops at the VERY last second ,and had the nerve to wait long enough so that I didn't have time to recall, giving me a good beating. So in fact, I have much respect for him! He clearly knows how to play the game and do it well, so don't be so harsh on the guy :D

Ogluk

Official Helper
Community Operator
3) When the higher alliance scores are far and above the score of the alliance: surely sending to the alliance HQ is the best option??? The members of the top alliance will be unable to attack the HQ and kill your troops, you can still be defended and you still get the seed production. I prefer sending to the HQ over sleep mode I must admit :D

yeah, only when the scores have seperated out, not when the scores are still fluid like i saw people in various alliances doing last round, who were duly punished for their naivety.

Rowan

Harvester
That's true Max, I suppose it always helps to look at the situation from the perspective of people who are in the mid-allys and don't give out their number. As for solos who play 16 hours and then sleep at night, I suppose it's fair enough. However in an alliance based game I think it's a little silly for solo players to be untouchable. I don't think that they should be able to be waved non-stop by a large alliance but I think that if a single player does their calculations right then they should be able to get through. I almost agree with people who think that sleep-mode should be removed from solos but the problem is there is no "fix-all" that is fair to everyone. Nature of the beast I suppose.

I really have no problem with someone sleep moding at night because they can't be contacted but I just find that it seems a little abusable, especially for active solos, but I'm yet to see a solution that is fair to everyone so the current system seems the best available. It's also very frustrating to be in the top tier and seeing every potential target is either in sleepmode or AR-modded-to-****ery solo. Oh well, complaining will get us nowhere.

Nice post though Max, I'm gonna try figure out how to give rep and give it to you for that.

EDIT: Maybe they removed rep as I can't figure it out lol

timthetyrant

Head Gardener
I think i should state, for the record, with respect to the first post and purpose of this suggestive thread, that sleepmode SHOULD be disabled from 24hours till the end, tbh, i thought that was how it was. I was suprised when willy mentioned it is disabled from 12 hours out, wtf?

The rest of my BS'ing is on the active use of sleepmode to gain, not advantage, security. I find it hard enough to kill someone within the top 50, even when i am in the top 50, without sleepmode. Including sleepmode makes little difference, we may as well ***** about contactability, over activity and alliance size allowing too much coverage. It just shows that the person cares enough to save his troops, and tbh we need more ppl who care in this game.