Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Gripes

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #31
Dimitar
Landscape Designer
 
Dimitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,119
Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
For the umpteenth time - this thread is massively mean-spirited. The bottomline is (as is clear from the responses to this thread) your negativity is far less welcome than the suggestions the 3 of you are so furiously trying to dismiss. (For reasons I can only attribute to the fact that you all like being difficult for the sake of an argument).
Yeah, the 5 people responding to this thread are a clear representation of the playerbase and its needs
__________________
Dimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #32
Garrett2
Landscape Designer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,661
Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews
Default

the drek that has flooded the forums including rehashing dead threads is hardly innovation.

i've said it before and i'll post it again... bring something new and interesting to the table and i'll be happy to discuss. to date there have been 2 succinct posts with something fresh and worth talking about.
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #33
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer
 
Dark_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,896
Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
For the umpteenth time - this thread is massively mean-spirited. The bottomline is (as is clear from the responses to this thread) your negativity is far less welcome than the suggestions the 3 of you are so furiously trying to dismiss. (For reasons I can only attribute to the fact that you all like being difficult for the sake of an argument).
Yeah, the 5 people responding to this thread are a clear representation of the playerbase and its needs
What the game needs is a pool of ideas, regardless of their caliber, ready for the consideration of whoever it is who has control over what gets implemented. Some ideas will be better than others, but, again, it is mean spirited for you to launch a campaign against new ideas just because you don't share another person's enthusiasm.
__________________
Dark_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #34
Dimitar
Landscape Designer
 
Dimitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,119
Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews
Default

I say we change the initiative of yobs from 450 to 449. It's a novelty, it must help the game.

PS: This is not a campaign against new ideas, this is a campaign against idiotic ideas, posted by poeple who haven't given their ideas any thought. This is a campaign about people necro-ing threads from years ago, just because they sound cool. Come up with something new and original, think about how exactly it will affect the game, then post it... instead of going "OMG ALIENS"
__________________
Dimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #35
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer
 
Dark_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,896
Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post

PS: This is not a campaign against new ideas, this is a campaign against idiotic ideas, posted by poeple who haven't given their ideas any thought. This is a campaign about people necro-ing threads from years ago, just because they sound cool. Come up with something new and original, think about how exactly it will affect the game, then post it... instead of going "OMG ALIENS"
Nope.

The redevelopment of ideas is as important as the creation of new ones. You don't have to go back to the drawing board and erase all progress to date just because something has X number of flaws. Doing so wastes time.

Clearly you disagree with this. Fine. Good, even, say so in response to the thread you're moaning about. That isn't justification for stifling new creativity, though.
__________________
Dark_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #36
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Clouds
Posts: 790
Zaheen is more than a nobody... but not by much
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post
This is a campaign about people necro-ing threads from years ago.
When the original creator didn't pay any attention to any of it?

If they are bad suggestions they they will not be implemented regardless of how many times they are bumped, they are just bumped to see what the current playerbase thinks of them as that surely has changed over the years.

But yet again, it's the *same* tools shooting them down. If you don't like the idea then reply with a constructive response to it, as opposed to childish comments and remarks. Don't take anything I said personal, it's just the vibe I've had for a few years now, and it's a bad one. Probably one of the main causes for a playerbase decline.

I know swearing is bad and all that, but whilst there are the few of us posting suggestions, thinking of possible solutions to problems that have been around for years, what the hell are you guys doing? I know this is the internet and everything, but I really can't understand why people would troll a game into oblivion whilst they continue to play it.

Last edited by Zaheen; 06-05-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Zaheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #37
Dimitar
Landscape Designer
 
Dimitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,119
Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews
Default

You're pretty much talking out of context. Noone said suggestions in general are bad. And if you have a closer look, I'm fairly sure there aren't many people who are 'shooting down' suggestions just for the sake of it, without providing any constructive feedback.
Also this thread is not in suggestions, this is in gripes. The whole point of the thread was to say "this is getting annoying, tone it down". I'm not going to offer a solution for a problem that doesn't exist. I'm not saying "stop making suggestions", I'm saying "the sheer amount of poorly thought out suggestions is enough to annoy the hell out of a person".
__________________
Dimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #38
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer
 
Dark_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,896
Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post
I'm saying "the sheer amount of poorly thought out suggestions is enough to annoy the hell out of a person".
Then stop visiting the suggestions sub-forum.

Because believe me these suggestions, that you perceive as "poorly thought out", sure as hell aren't going to stop. In fact they're as of yesterday being actively encouraged.

If that is making you "unhappy", "go red", or is otherwise making you feel bad - Then you may wish to stop reading these posts in the first place.

Unfortunately only Azzer can change the description of sub-forums - Else for your sake Dimi I'd change it to:

"Please note: you are entering the suggestions sub-forum - Do so at your own risk. You may find suggestions here that have not been fully considered. Some may be a work in progress, some may need substantial discussion/developing before they are viable for implementation. In extremely rare instances you may find that old suggestions are brought back for further discussion. If you suffer from heart problems, are pregnant or have any health issues you should consult your medical practitioner before clicking this link."
__________________
Dark_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #39
Dimitar
Landscape Designer
 
Dimitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,119
Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews
Default

I'm not allowed to express my feelings about the activity in the forums? I'm kindly asking you to go away. If you don't like this thread you're also free to not read it. You sure as hell can't tell me what to read or comment.
I don't appreciate your post making fun of any potential health issue a user may have, and seeing how you've removed posts because of that in the past, I kindly ask to remove yours as well.
Give yourself an infraction for serious disregard for forum rules/other users as well.

PS: See thread title.
__________________

Last edited by Dark_Angel; 06-05-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Dimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #40
Ogluk
Official Helper
Tree Surgeon
 
Ogluk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bracknell
Posts: 761
Ogluk has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to Ogluk
Default

The scary thing is, I'm agreeing with Zaheen

But anyway, suggestions will come up, always have done always will do, some will be a bit silly, some will be sensible, some will be completely stupid, ALL should be handled the same, with rational discussion regarding the pros/cons of the suggestion, not just throwaway remarks like, It's ****, or that's retarded. Back up your feelings why you feel it isn't best for the game, go into depth as to why that specific thing doesn't fit with how you feel the game should be going etc etc.

Being irrational and just shooting down things you don't agree with without backing up why you don't like them, just creates unnecessary hostility between us, and we really don't need that.

And toby, my post was mainly directed at Garrett who's been acting like a spoilt 12 year old ******** in people's sandwiches for kicks.
__________________
R50 Shituation
R49 Adramalech
R48 Discworld
R47 Slash and Burn
R45 Ackbar'sFlightSchool
R44 Attitude/Discworld
R42 Drunk In Public
R41 A Nag Ram
R40 Mo Dakka
R39 Al'Tuin Leader
R38 RiF
R37 dRAGE QUIT LEADER
R36 Comatose -> Comeuppance
R34 Funkytown
R33 NOMW -> Authentic
R32 KHaoS LEADER
R31 RRR/EF [deleted] Ailihphilia
R30 TDL LEADER
R29 BYOB LEADER
R28 YouSuck CO
R27 Pure-Solo Thief
Ogluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #41
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer
 
tobapopalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester
Posts: 2,631
tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post

You, Dimitar and Garrett (Or the trio of negativity, as you all might be called) are all quite frankly killjoys. Nobody is forcing you to visit the suggestions sub-forum, if doing so distresses you to the point your head is on the brink of exploding - then do your heart a favour and avoid it.
Have you actually read a single one of my posts in the suggestion forum, because judging from this, you can't possibly have done.

I'm hardly "militant". I did not make this thread. I wouldn't have made this thread. I wouldn't have said anything on here at all if I wasn't automatically lumped in with the "trio of negativity" by yourself simply because a log of me dismissing ONE idea as retarded was used in the original post. I didn't know Dimitar was going to make this thread using it. But now that the the thread does exist, I've posted my opinion on the matter and my explanation for it. But rather than focus on that you've giddily and excitably jumped on my comment calling you giddy and excitable, and you've written a load of drivel based on it. Good job.

As I have already said, I have posted ideas on suggestions myself, and I have given every suggestion due consideration before agreeing or disagreeing with it, and I usually explain why. That you don't know this is proof that you don't read what I write, not that I am a dismissive killjoy and a negative changeaphobe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogluk View Post
And toby, my post was mainly directed at Garrett who's been acting like a spoilt 12 year old ******** in people's sandwiches for kicks.
Well then man up and address it to him rather than using generalisations which could apply to several people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheen View Post
. Probably one of the main causes for a playerbase decline.
I find it highly unlikely that suggestions getting shot down is a reason to quit the game. Most players don't even use forums, and the ones who do would have to be pretty thin-skinned to quit because of it.
__________________
tobapopalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #42
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer
 
Dark_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,896
Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post
I'm not allowed to express my feelings about the activity in the forums? I'm kindly asking you to go away. If you don't like this thread you're also free to not read it. You sure as hell can't tell me what to read or comment.
I don't appreciate your post making fun of any potential health issue a user may have, and seeing how you've removed posts because of that in the past, I kindly ask to remove yours as well.
Give yourself an infraction for serious disregard for forum rules/other users as well.

PS: See thread title.
Woah woah good sir. I'm not telling you to do anything. Read/comment whatever you will as long as your posts conform to the rules.

Every post I've made in this thread has been in response to your original post and can be paraphrased by the following:

"You don't appreciate new ideas because you think they're a waste of time. I don't appreciate new suggestions/ideas being attacked with hostility."

I'm fairly sure I'm on more solid ground.
__________________
Dark_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #43
Dimitar
Landscape Designer
 
Dimitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,119
Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews
Default

And I'm fairly sure I've said multiple times that I never meant "I don't appreciate new ideas because I think they're a waste of time".

I would also like to point out that I've never rejected a suggestion without saying why.
__________________
Dimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #44
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer
 
Dark_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,896
Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post

You, Dimitar and Garrett (Or the trio of negativity, as you all might be called) are all quite frankly killjoys. Nobody is forcing you to visit the suggestions sub-forum, if doing so distresses you to the point your head is on the brink of exploding - then do your heart a favour and avoid it.
Have you actually read a single one of my posts in the suggestion forum, because judging from this, you can't possibly have done.

I'm hardly "militant". I did not make this thread. I wouldn't have made this thread. I wouldn't have said anything on here at all if I wasn't automatically lumped in with the "trio of negativity" by yourself simply because a log of me dismissing ONE idea as retarded was used in the original post. I didn't know Dimitar was going to make this thread using it. But now that the the thread does exist, I've posted my opinion on the matter and my explanation for it. But rather than focus on that you've giddily and excitably jumped on my comment calling you giddy and excitable, and you've written a load of drivel based on it. Good job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby on IRC
=(22:14:56)= <toby> it's like hearing we might get a new admin has completely ****ing overwhelmed the playerbase's intelligence and they're just suggesting any old ****
So this quote from you, on IRC, is with regard to a specific suggestion? Because it seems fairly clear from your words here that you're making a more general (and very hostile/combative) suggestion that the playerbase (not just one individual) is pointlessly making suggestions that aren't of any value whatsoever.

Which you now seem to be denying, even though you've been directly quoted by Dimitar in his first post :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar
And I'm fairly sure I've said multiple times that I never meant "I don't appreciate new ideas because I think they're a waste of time"
Erm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar
Seriously, what's with the millions of borderline idiotic suggestions that've been flooding the forums recently?
If you weren't talking utter nonsense before, Dimi, you certainly are now. Do us all a favour, go off, have a think to yourself and decide where you actually stand on this issue. When you've got something solid come back and tell us instead of blatantly contradicting yourself.

-

Lets all get back on topic:

Ignore the haters out there. If you have a suggestion in mind, don't be afraid of a handful of extremely cynical, narrow minded people. Whether you've put 5 minutes or 5 hours into an idea, make it public. Your input is appreciated (By the vast majority of us )
__________________
Dark_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #45
Dimitar
Landscape Designer
 
Dimitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,119
Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar
And I'm fairly sure I've said multiple times that I never meant "I don't appreciate new ideas because I think they're a waste of time"
Erm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar
Seriously, what's with the millions of borderline idiotic suggestions that've been flooding the forums recently?
If you weren't talking utter nonsense before, Dimi, you certainly are now. Do us all a favour, go off, have a think to yourself and decide where you actually stand on this issue. When you've got something solid come back and tell us, instead of blatantly contradicting yourself.
You misinterpreting my words doesn't make me contradict myself. If you read my initial post carefully, you'll find out that I'm only annoyed by the "borderline idiotic suggestions". Never said I was against novelty, never said I was against change, never said people shouldn't be making suggestions. Never said there was a problem that needed a solution. I only said I was annoyed. You know that, as you already replied to that post of mine.

PS: I think you're the one who's being narrowminded if you think disagreeing with two suggestions (that's how many I've posted on) makes me cynical or a hater. That and the fact that you're speaking to me, toby, and garrett like we're the same person, making the same posts. Go read the actual posts you're talking about before calling a fictional group of people cynical and narrowminded

PPS: the quote of toby was used out of context so I removed it
__________________
Dimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Gripes

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.