Old 04-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #16
Amanala
Harvester

Amanala has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigley View Post
Make your own core's.
Dont rely on others to do it.

My first round leading to the next 3 times i had the same 10 members with me with other additions.

The next time around leading i made a new core with 3/4 of my originals and a few new ones (Quicksilver, Joe2727, Dre, John etc). God i'd never even heard of Quicksilver and Joe2727 before but if you got some nice leadership and players around then you create imo the best people in the game atm (Which i think QS and Joe are).

I'd advise people just to start with maybe 5/6 strong active players. Those 5/6 players should go POM and just block every inc that you get then you should recruit not based purely on names and past experience, but on players who are willing to learn the game.

I strongly urge people to do this ;_;
Else the people who usually form cores will stop doing it because there is no competition.
I'd much rather consider it too hard, gripe about it, cry on the forums, give weak excuses, and wait for someone else to try, but thanks for the suggestion.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #17
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

I don't know if it makes any difference - But the reason I still occasionally make a bothering to log in, is due to the people I play alongside.
I'm hardly the most desirable player on the block to have in an alliance, but I feel if you find a group that you get along with, it increases enjoyment fourfold. This game was a cornerstone of my PC usage for the past three to four years - And I just can't keep up with the escalating requirements to compete.
8hrs a day average {I was 6.3 last round}? Full contactability? It's unrealistic to anyone that isn't in school, and enjoys the perks of casual sex and drug abuse. Simple.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #18
Davs
Garden Designer

Davs has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
I don't know if it makes any difference - But the reason I still occasionally make a bothering to log in, is due to the people I play alongside.
I'm hardly the most desirable player on the block to have in an alliance, but I feel if you find a group that you get along with, it increases enjoyment fourfold. This game was a cornerstone of my PC usage for the past three to four years - And I just can't keep up with the escalating requirements to compete.
8hrs a day average {I was 6.3 last round}? Full contactability? It's unrealistic to anyone that isn't in school, and enjoys the perks of casual sex and drug abuse. Simple.
I'm with you on this, tbh. I'm not sure if I'd have worded it the same way, but I agree that the game (if it's going to survive) needs to tone down a few notches. There's no point spending your life on this game if no one is going to compete with you. Not to mention the obvious point of "why would you want to spend that much time and effort on the game?" Yes, doing well is nice, but is it worth the lack of sleep or ability to go off and do something different without feeling guilty?

The game's always been pretty intense in terms of requirements from players at the top, but it has got worse to the point where people just don't want to do it any more. So my solution is for everyone to calm down and play the game in a slightly more relaxed manner.

[Don't worry, I'm not so naive that I believe this will actually happen - but it would be nice.]

[17:50] <Ogluk> we all have bad days
[17:50] <Hobbezak> I don't. :/
[17:50] <Hobbezak> I only have awesome days.
[17:50] <Hobbezak> So does Davs.
[17:51] <Elle> Davs is 10x more awesome than you though Hobbs
Old 09-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #19
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davs View Post
I'm with you on this, tbh. I'm not sure if I'd have worded it the same way, but I agree that the game (if it's going to survive) needs to tone down a few notches. There's no point spending your life on this game if no one is going to compete with you. Not to mention the obvious point of "why would you want to spend that much time and effort on the game?" Yes, doing well is nice, but is it worth the lack of sleep or ability to go off and do something different without feeling guilty?

The game's always been pretty intense in terms of requirements from players at the top, but it has got worse to the point where people just don't want to do it any more. So my solution is for everyone to calm down and play the game in a slightly more relaxed manner.

[Don't worry, I'm not so naive that I believe this will actually happen - but it would be nice.]
We can all dream, buddy.
Now, I'm going to just mosey on outside again and not come back to the computer for days. I love being semi-retired from Bush.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #20
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

The requirement for 24 hour contactibility has been a very bad thing for competitive bush. It's hardcore gaming taken to its extreme, and less and less people have the "luxury" of being able to get on a 3am. It's just not the world we live in.

I'd wager we have an aging playerbase, the members of which have more and more commitments, and no time for said contactibility and effort. How you go about tackling that, dunno.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #21
Nagash
Weeder

Nagash is an unknown quantity at this point

Dachi has it right, i really really miss the old days

Angela had her core
Dutchies/Welshie had there Core players
Sordes/Core to an extent (Bobbin included when he could be arsed)
Foxx had the Bulgs for a couple of rounds that added interest
Darksider was an evil solo being the bane of existance for all the top allies
Martin had his crew also (which always included Polo)
Blackwolf had Virus
Twigley came in alot later

It was truely fantastic; not all competed every round but there was always 3/4 at least. Round 16-22 had some truely epic fights. My names not recogniseable but im an old player under a new name.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #22
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash;
My names not recogniseable but im an old player under a new name.
Wb twigs.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #23
atsanjose
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

atsanjose has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to atsanjose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
Quote:
Wb twigs.
roflcopter

I tried baking a pie on your flame, but it just wasn't hot enough.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #24
IceOfFire
Garden Designer

IceOfFire has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsanjose View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Wb twigs.
roflcopter
I pissed myself laughing when i saw that
R4:SoloR5:GITKR6:TandyUKR7:FTBR8:FTB/Blaze R9:BloodAngelsR10:Rizla/TKR11:SoloR12:ElmosHitSquad R13:SoloR14:Anarchy/IndecisionR15:Apathy/SalvationR16:Confusion/SoloR17:DarkSlayers/WW/SymbolismR18:Orgasm/Fenrir R19:AtaxiR20:GITK-CerberusR21:DiabolicR22:CRR23:Geno-LeadR24:Panoply/No_CreditsR25:Pest-LeadR26:JizzR27:Blackbriar-Co-LeadR28:ToxoR29:KHaoS-CoLead R30:Chance-LeadR31:RRR/Old FartsR32:SnSR33:NOMW-Leader R34:WC-CoLeadR35:ARMod-CoLeadR36:Hist/Comeup-LeaderR37:Solo/UnknownRebelsR38:Solo
Old 11-06-2010, 01:38 AM   #25
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceOfFire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsanjose View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Wb twigs.
roflcopter
I pissed myself laughing when i saw that
This.
Old 17-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #26
Nagash
Weeder

Nagash is an unknown quantity at this point

actually i used to go under the name of Jiggy
Old 17-06-2010, 05:38 PM   #27
penguin
Official Helper
Harvester

penguin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagash View Post
Round 16-22 had some truely epic fights.
But this isn't one of those rounds. The playerbase is dwindling.. therefore, less alliances and less people.
We did have a little rise of people there for a bit though.
But.. the problem is - finding core players is hard. I am known, and liked, by some of the players, but they already are core members for a different alliance. That makes it kind of hard to actually find me core members.
I look at it this way..
More people = new blood..
new blood gives us an opportunity to train them up.
Becoming 'new' core members.

Basically, I think it's because of the dwindling players that bush doesn't have that competitive nature.
Also, no alliance wars. I find alliance wars exciting.. yeah yeah.. no injuries and no insurance, but that wouldn't matter if your alliance is good enough.

I would def. lead again.. if I had 10 core members. I would def lead a ftw alliance.
First, the game needs more blood [IMO] to do that.

I agree with Twigs.. there isn't enough competition up in the higher ranks.. all the action is rank 5 and below.
The requirements for a ftw alliance is kind of high, driving off people to have 18 hours activity and full contactability.
And.. we are thirteen days in and rank 1 alliance already pulled away from rank 2.. which I'm thinking leaves rank 1 with no targets.

but there should be more players for the action that people seek.

Last edited by penguin; 17-06-2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: oops.. wrong amount of days in. :P
Old 17-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #28
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews

This "core player" thing sounds like total crap to me. Yes, there are a few cores that tend to play together but I've played this game long enough to know that you can't always have the same group together. I've played in sooo many alliances and most of them haven't had anything in common.

This "core" sounds like one of the the many lame excuses. If you want to be picked by a good alliance - give your best and impress the good players. If you want to recruit good players - take a risk with someone who you might've never heard of. Those risks are generally successful - for example most of the recent alliances Twigley has lead there was always a high percentage of totally random guys who noone knew, and they all got good and are now in most ftw groups.

PS: This post might be totally irrelevant to what's being discussed but I can't possibly read all of the posts because of the high bullshit risk
Old 18-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #29
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowbane View Post
this "core player" thing sounds like total crap to me. Yes, there are a few cores that tend to play together but i've played this game long enough to know that you can't always have the same group together. I've played in sooo many alliances and most of them haven't had anything in common.

This "core" sounds like one of the the many lame excuses. If you want to be picked by a good alliance - give your best and impress the good players. If you want to recruit good players - take a risk with someone who you might've never heard of. Those risks are generally successful - for example most of the recent alliances twigley has lead there was always a high percentage of totally random guys who noone knew, and they all got good and are now in most ftw groups.

Ps: This post might be totally irrelevant to what's being discussed but i can't possibly read all of the posts because of the high bullshit risk
qft
Old 24-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #30
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

Zaheen is more than a nobody... but not by much

Well, what a true decent top alliance would do in situations like this would be to break up...2-3 of their best online/active players should break up and rape the crap out of the entire alliance for personal glory and fame, and what a fun round that would be?

I've never played to win, and I don't think I ever would again - even if i found myself at rank 1 before the end I would probably try my best to bash out somebody I just think has been scorequeening, or somebody I just don't like for luls, I couldn't give a rats ass about my rank.

As for alliance/leadership goes, I think that having a contactability requirement is just a sad thing to do, I've always said that and it's not because I can't afford a mobile phone, it's just some poeple value their life more than others and prefer not to spend 80% of their day thiking about some game pixels. Why do you no lifers have to ruin the fun and kill the player base all the time, Twigley you've done it for about 3-5 rounds running now, you should have just stopped after 1 if there was no real competition, and if you keep the best 10 players at the time in any one alliance they'll most likely win anyway as people tend to give up after they die once.

Azzer has tried a million things to help make the game fun for others, from the stupid CRA and getting pro players like Kuda to play as Puppetmaster ; )

Players can change, or keep being pathetic...it doesn't bother me either way.

Last edited by Zaheen; 18-07-2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Removed smiley
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Gripes