Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Alliances > Politics

Old 21-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #841
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

Twigley wins the thread.
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #842
Cyrus
Official Helper
Landscape Designer

Cyrus has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to Cyrus

Twigley needs to get out more you mean
Old 21-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #843
CLem
Head Gardener

CLem is more than a nobody... but not by much

so glad that post got deleted before Lilow got back....
CLem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #844
Nickk
Harvester

Nickk has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigley View Post
you mean this one clem? wasnt deleted
Nickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 10:57 PM   #845
edd
Tree Surgeon

edd has travelled far down Repute Roadedd has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickk View Post
Quote:
Over here lilow

Waves in defence,
Waves in attack,
We're fighting on The Boat!
edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #846
CLem
Head Gardener

CLem is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Quote:
nah the one in our alliance pols with those websites or was it on IRC, i can't remember, it was an impressive list.
CLem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #847
Cyrus
Official Helper
Landscape Designer

Cyrus has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
no no. we expanded his horizons on acceptable websites for this. he even opened notepad.
haha! bet it was like watching a baby deer walk for the first time
Old 21-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #848
'Tiger'
Landscape Designer

'Tiger' has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLem View Post
Quote:
Quote:
nah the one in our alliance pols with those websites or was it on IRC, i can't remember, it was an impressive list.
Pols
'Tiger' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #849
willymchilybily
Landscape Designer

willymchilybily has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post

Quote:
The alliance which had hit us most, damaged us most, and stolen our lands most. After that you crumpled so quick and disbanded it was a scramble for acres. And the fact trans joined in i didnt even know til now! That a little funnys , did you approach them for help too only to have it turn around and bite you for napping with rank 1 and bashing ftf alliance to the point they would have jumped on which ever of you two lost....maybe one of thier members can explain how they joined in, id guess same as us. You told them you had inc, and had bashed them is my guess
I'm sure that is what happened. Again, I wasn't online so I'm not positive. Please clarify something for me though. You keep saying we bashed you guys. Weren't you attacking each other as well? Alliance lists weren't common knowledge, weren't we all just hitting the targets in range? We never set out to specifically bash any particular alliance.
I say bash as in, organised massing at 05:00-06:00gmt, maybe you forgot those hits? It happens. But i remeber them, and our members were a bit worried by them tbh. Our weak time getting massed two days in a row. You were a threat to us having an enjoyable ftf round. We begrudged the over the top massing at stupid oclock in the morning. It hurt and was effective. Least mada just used thier score advantage for leverage to grab land, and sheer flak adavanatage. Ergo the grudge had begun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post

Quote:
I thought you guys had learnt this round. Thought you knew what happened and why. But either your playing politics with 3 days to go, or you have painted some picture of what happened that is not quite right, well not from my memory.
This is part of why I finally did speak up. Everyone seems to have some idea that we were working with Mada to pick on everyone else. We didn't attack Mada for the first 9 days of the round. That was it. We never once went on a coordinated attack with them, we never arranged with them to bash the smaller alliances, we didn't share intel with each other. We just refrained from attacking each other for a little over a week, it was never anything more than that.
Thats all it needed to be, more than enough to severely damage the game in its current state

do you remeber the alliance stats page, not more than measly 100 odd acres had been exchanged between your two alliances iirc? Some riddiculously small value. When you have a player base of 100- 200 active players and of that half are active enough to be successful at the start. You end up with 50-100 players playing trying and in range of the top ranks. When two 20 man alliances nap. Thats 40 players reduce thier targets by 33% and concentrate thier attacks on the remaining player base it can be very damaging. And when in particular they go after alliances en mass to make it harder to block stuff. Or easier to get clean kills when lethals come out, (no need to calc ar). those two alliances tend to feel quite put upon.

In bushtarion 9 days at a round start is a lifetime. I know i was in recons alliance when it won the round with in the first 7 days before.

Not trying to have a go. Just wanted you to be able to see things from our alliances persepective. And see how we could be quite angry and frustrated by what you did, and why. Even if it was done through naivety and with best intent, but hell rounds ending, all is forgiven, learning curve over. Lets forget this nonsense.
willymchilybily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #850
lillie
Harvester

lillie is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLem View Post
so glad that post got deleted before Lilow got back....
Damn you all ... I missed out on all the fun AND you take away from me the one thing I can whinge about

oh and STEVE - GOD ftw cause he likes grandmas
lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #851
Asmodeous
Super Moderator
Garden Designer

Asmodeous has travelled far down Repute RoadAsmodeous has travelled far down Repute Road

There's a Discworld controversy????
Old 22-05-2013, 01:04 AM   #852
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

not really. someone used politics to convince calamity that we conspired against ww at the start. i'm being called a liar, but this other person is believed implicitly without question. in short much retardation is going around, but there is no controversy. I've not lied to anyone. People are manufacturing stuff to cover their insane behavior and poor choices. DW only joined arms against ww at the start as they were already falling. We had a chance for rank 1 at the end, but we were massed. Now we're 3rd.

story over.
Old 22-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #853
Leah
Pruner

Leah has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by willymchilybily View Post
Not trying to have a go. Just wanted you to be able to see things from our alliances persepective. And see how we could be quite angry and frustrated by what you did, and why. Even if it was done through naivety and with best intent, but hell rounds ending, all is forgiven, learning curve over. Lets forget this nonsense.
I didn't take it as you trying to have a go Willy. I appreciate you taking the time to discuss it and show me the reasoning behind the frustration and anger. Last round was my first round back in years and the landscape of the game was very different last time I played. The way you've put it, it makes a lot of sense and as I've said, it's not a mistake I'll make again. Thank you again for the civil discussion, and may next round be better for everyone
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #854
Stargazer
Tree Surgeon

Stargazer has started the journey down Repute Road

This is far too nicey nice
R53 Pysduck,R52 Solo,R51 Ascendancy,R50 ADHSQUIRREL,R49 Solo,R48 MADAFAKA,R47 WLZB,R45 Solo,R44 Solo,R43 Ask No Quarter,R42 Solo,R41 Bribemania II,R9 Stargazers,R8 HeartOfAngels,R7 VirusTwo,R6 Virus,R5 Solo

Virus born,virus bred.
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #855
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

it's round end. it's all but done. nothing more to see or say. *tucks stargazer into bed*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Alliances > Politics