Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Alliances > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #196
Amanala
Harvester
 
Amanala's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 142
Amanala has started the journey down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigley View Post
CG is not bad in an alliance at all.
Mass Shields and TD own.
CG retals own.
I got absolutley slated last round for massing shield/TD

Most cost effective armour provider/health killer *****es!!
YOU got slated

on a serious note, route setups smoute setups, if you have a brain, you can use any route to your advantage - if a shield player spammed shields in an alliance id ask them what they were playing at, you have other members in your alliance to flak Tyrants and cybs are more useful flak that shields
Yeh and that was a reason,what was the other?Oh you stole the most land and some flak died,waaa.

Shields rule,CW suck.

On a serious note for Adra-Yeh cyborgs is a great route but not when you have a fair few harriers in a very experienced rank 2 ally.Good luck is all I say
Bring it, fgt.
Amanala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #197
icy
Pruner
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 54
icy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

why did adra kick fer?
icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 01:25 AM   #198
FeR
Harvester
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Buenos Aires - Argentina
Posts: 124
FeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to FeR
Default

It was a self request.
__________________
This signature is made in memory of Bram. Hope he is never forgotten.

RIP Bram from Belgium 9/11/1989 - 6/13/2013


http://www.bushtarion.com/portal/por....php?Nick=Bram
FeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 03:00 AM   #199
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer
 
Alcibiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,907
Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigley View Post
CG is not bad in an alliance at all.
Mass Shields and TD own.
CG retals own.
I got absolutley slated last round for massing shield/TD

Most cost effective armour provider/health killer *****es!!
YOU got slated

on a serious note, route setups smoute setups, if you have a brain, you can use any route to your advantage - if a shield player spammed shields in an alliance id ask them what they were playing at, you have other members in your alliance to flak Tyrants and cybs are more useful flak that shields
Yeh and that was a reason,what was the other?Oh you stole the most land and some flak died,waaa.

Shields rule,CW suck.

On a serious note for Adra-Yeh cyborgs is a great route but not when you have a fair few harriers in a very experienced rank 2 ally.Good luck is all I say
CWs are awesome. /End.
__________________
"To hack and to spy, from this tick forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in land thin-ness and in land fatness, to attack and to defend, till round end do us part."

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."


"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."


Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #200
No-Dachi
Official Helper
Garden Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 906
No-Dachi has started the journey down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to No-Dachi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigley View Post
CG is not bad in an alliance at all.
Mass Shields and TD own.
CG retals own.
And in addition to this: CGs coupled with thiefs makes for a happy planner. It just gives you so much mobility and options in terms of attacking. And as DaX said, even simply blending them in with gards makes it so much easier to land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd View Post
I think that Cg's are certainly useful for big attacks. As far as the individuals go however, I think the presence of CG's is bad for an alliance just because there can be such an imbalance in land between a CG player (not even a good one) and the good non-CG players. It puts a strain on the other players because those playing CGs tend to receive more incoming and require more assistance from the other players as they have more land and are awful at defending themselves. This results in the players that actually need to use their troops to go and get land to catch up not being able to because they are stuck at home defending all day long.
This is true, and could be a downside. However, if you apply a differensiated geo-count based on land you can nullify this to a great degree. Early on you're usually fine with your CGs having mass land, as early and massive amounts of CWs opens up aggressive possibilities. And if you can distribute the land you steal from the ally-attacks to the members who needs it the most you can quite effectively even this out. Because lets face it; late game the shield sub-rute is more of a nuisance than anything else in an ally, and you'll be better off with most other routes having the income. That said, they definitely have a place in an ally during the first few weeks.
__________________
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
No-Dachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #201
Garrett2
Landscape Designer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,690
Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews
Default

PA is the greatest robo route ever. That is all.
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #202
edd
Tree Surgeon
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 664
edd has travelled far down Repute Roadedd has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Dachi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd View Post
I think that Cg's are certainly useful for big attacks. As far as the individuals go however, I think the presence of CG's is bad for an alliance just because there can be such an imbalance in land between a CG player (not even a good one) and the good non-CG players. It puts a strain on the other players because those playing CGs tend to receive more incoming and require more assistance from the other players as they have more land and are awful at defending themselves. This results in the players that actually need to use their troops to go and get land to catch up not being able to because they are stuck at home defending all day long.
This is true, and could be a downside. However, if you apply a differensiated geo-count based on land you can nullify this to a great degree. Early on you're usually fine with your CGs having mass land, as early and massive amounts of CWs opens up aggressive possibilities. And if you can distribute the land you steal from the ally-attacks to the members who needs it the most you can quite effectively even this out. Because lets face it; late game the shield sub-rute is more of a nuisance than anything else in an ally, and you'll be better off with most other routes having the income. That said, they definitely have a place in an ally during the first few weeks.
It's a much bigger factor if you aren't in the top alliance where fewer coordinated attacks are taking place and they have less success due to less participation...and as it turns out, those CG's are still landing on big waves ;p Even if for less, they tend to land a much higher percentage of the time.

I completely appreciate how strong a second layer of flak is and it can be used to devastating effect, but I just think it's quite a selfish route to play sometimes.
__________________
Put yourself in your enemy's shoes and show him what you want him to see.
-Darksider


Waves in defence,
Waves in attack,
We're fighting on The Boat!
edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #203
Benneh
Super Moderator
Tree Surgeon
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK.
Posts: 725
Benneh has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tiger' View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
Who came up with Adra`s route line up?
i think it got thrown out the window
Looks like the boat have a serious route advantage in my opinion
I gave the orig route setup, which then got tossed aside to 'keep people happy and give the route that they want'. The alliance won't survive with its current formation.
lol noobs.
Couldn't agree more.
And there is Nightmare slating his old alliance...lol.
Not slating the alliance I have alot of respect for the people in there.

Cyrus: I gave a route setup, yes it included 2 CGs iirc, but I wasn't the one that tweaked it so much as to keep everyone else happy. It would have been an effective setup if it wasn't changed so damn much.


<3 you Tiger.
__________________
Round 11 - Current

Recents:
R46: DothMotherKnowYouWearethHerDrapes [4559] - Last Action Heroes
R47:trueLAD [319] / Itzcoliuhqui [9623] - Xipetotec (Leader)
R48: Let's get it right this time. [7792] - MADAFAKA (Leader)
R49: Tigers dutty whore. [1601] - Adramalech (Co-Lead)
R53: Where is Azzer [8090] - TAP
R54: Knock Knock. Here comes the cock. [349] - Antisback's Peons (Inactive Leader)
R57: Oh what a Nightmare [9987] - Thai Army Of One
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #204
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer
 
tobapopalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester
Posts: 2,643
tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
PA is the greatest robo route ever. That is all.
Damn straight.
__________________
tobapopalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #205
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer
 
Alcibiades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,907
Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
PA is the greatest robo route ever. That is all.
PA WALLS! #Polo #Yolo #swag
__________________
"To hack and to spy, from this tick forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in land thin-ness and in land fatness, to attack and to defend, till round end do us part."

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."


"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."


Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #206
Stargazer
Tree Surgeon
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 592
Stargazer has started the journey down Repute Road
Default

What I wanna know is when the boat and Adra are going at it,what's Disc gonna be up to?
__________________
R53 Pysduck,R52 Solo,R51 Ascendancy,R50 ADHSQUIRREL,R49 Solo,R48 MADAFAKA,R47 WLZB,R45 Solo,R44 Solo,R43 Ask No Quarter,R42 Solo,R41 Bribemania II,R9 Stargazers,R8 HeartOfAngels,R7 VirusTwo,R6 Virus,R5 Solo

Virus born,virus bred.
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #207
Dax
Hydroponics Developer
 
Dax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northants, UK
Posts: 3,078
Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax
Default

Well you need three fingers to execute the shocker - That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
__________________


RETIRED FROM PLAY:
R17-37 & 39-52

http://bushtarion.com/portal/portal_...w.php?Nick=D4X
R34; 111 Credits of Uselessness [5038] / FunkyTown, Finish Rank 43

PRE-RESTART ID's:
R21; Raphael of The_TMHT [3251] / Vengeance
R18-20; Should of Swallowed
R17; PassOut of Existence [9677]
Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #208
Benneh
Super Moderator
Tree Surgeon
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK.
Posts: 725
Benneh has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
Well you need three fingers to execute the shocker - That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
Admit I LOLd.

Alci, please don't use fagtags .

Stargazer, the two of them were warring? I guessed that stopped?
__________________
Round 11 - Current

Recents:
R46: DothMotherKnowYouWearethHerDrapes [4559] - Last Action Heroes
R47:trueLAD [319] / Itzcoliuhqui [9623] - Xipetotec (Leader)
R48: Let's get it right this time. [7792] - MADAFAKA (Leader)
R49: Tigers dutty whore. [1601] - Adramalech (Co-Lead)
R53: Where is Azzer [8090] - TAP
R54: Knock Knock. Here comes the cock. [349] - Antisback's Peons (Inactive Leader)
R57: Oh what a Nightmare [9987] - Thai Army Of One
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #209
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer
 
tobapopalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester
Posts: 2,643
tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines
Default

I think Alci was joking tbh...at least I hope so.
__________________
tobapopalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #210
'Tiger'
Landscape Designer
 
'Tiger''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,264
'Tiger' has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
Well you need three fingers to execute the shocker - That's all I'm going to say on the matter.
Admit I LOLd.

Alci, please don't use fagtags .

Stargazer, the two of them were warring? I guessed that stopped?
You haven't been here, so don't say garbage

Adram and Boat are still going at it, like two alliances should be! They are good attacks, with BRs at both ends!

Stargazer, DW do what they do best, stay quiet and show their might when needed. Or they pounce on smaller alliances, feeding their land bellies!
'Tiger' is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Alliances > Politics

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.