Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Bushtarion Discussions

Old 20-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
willymchilybily
Landscape Designer

willymchilybily has started the journey down Repute Road
Default in-appropriate manual use?

link

Recruiting:
Recruitment is done through a process of members "applying" to join your alliance, and a member with appropriate recruit permissions either accepting, or declining, the member application. If the alliance reaches maximum capacity, people can still request to join, but you will be unable to accept any. A player can only be requesting to join a single alliance at a time, and must cancel one request before requesting to join another. As well as the ingame mechanism for recruitment, there is a section on the Bushtarion forums dedicated to recruitment,
Note: It is recommended to avoid recruiting those players known as 'Backstabbers'. These are players that will jump ship and betray your alliance, and in some cases take other players with them, only to attack your alliance knowing insider information. Such examples include:
*IceOfFire
*QS
*CK
*Addicted
*Antney
*w1gl4f
For methods to deal with these players, please see Kicking An Unwanted Alliance Member.

To me..... this is a little too much for the manual. referencing players in game names. it is not instructive, if you want a hall of shame, make one. but not in the manuals random page. Hell id love a hall of shame in the manual. but to discredit players as if it is a key in-game fact. apart from being liable, its a bit crass/mean.
Now i believe only steve god has he ability to edit the manual.....So this comes as a bit of a surprise to me.
willymchilybily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
Darkprophecies
Pruner

Darkprophecies is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by willymchilybily View Post
link

Recruiting:
Recruitment is done through a process of members "applying" to join your alliance, and a member with appropriate recruit permissions either accepting, or declining, the member application. If the alliance reaches maximum capacity, people can still request to join, but you will be unable to accept any. A player can only be requesting to join a single alliance at a time, and must cancel one request before requesting to join another. As well as the ingame mechanism for recruitment, there is a section on the Bushtarion forums dedicated to recruitment,
Note: It is recommended to avoid recruiting those players known as 'Backstabbers'. These are players that will jump ship and betray your alliance, and in some cases take other players with them, only to attack your alliance knowing insider information. Such examples include:
*IceOfFire
*QS
*CK
*Addicted
*Antney
*w1gl4f
For methods to deal with these players, please see Kicking An Unwanted Alliance Member.

To me..... this is a little too much for the manual. referencing players in game names. it is not instructive, if you want a hall of shame, make one. but not in the manuals random page. Hell id love a hall of shame in the manual. but to discredit players as if it is a key in-game fact. apart from being liable, its a bit crass/mean.
Now i believe only steve god has he ability to edit the manual.....So this comes as a bit of a surprise to me.
^^QFT I so second this.
Darkprophecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
Koeniej
Harvester

Koeniej has travelled far down Repute Road

I would agree if there were 1000's of newbies who need that manual every day.. but at this stage? meh.. i dont even think anyone reads that section these days so it doesnt bother me
Koeniej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
willymchilybily
Landscape Designer

on a side note i wouldn't mind a hall of shame. Put it into say the forums and a link.. and a reference made to it being completely subjective.

you could name the player(s) who have in the past back stabbed your alliance, the round, the name, the offense. giving new alliance a bit more of a clue to the player base. and who may be unscrupulous

id give deathbyhooka a reference myself. for spying etc. which to me although perfectly valid tactic. Is still worse than just a ship jumper.

at least then you have reasons, and you have the credibility of the player name dropping. i mean if i say player X is a spy, ship jumper. Its my subjective opinion, and it's up to the recruiters to see how much they value that opinion, and the reasons for naming and shaming that particular player. you may find one guy names half the player base and is just a little sensitive so take his name dropping less sternly than some one elses

Its also open to everyone to add to. and not just the one person who can edit the manual. i think its wrong to put subjective views of a particular player in the manual. presented as fact. and the amount of players playing is almost irrelevant IMO. if anything tis worse to do it now because there are less players and it is harder therefore to get into an alliance for some people
Old 20-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
Steve_God
Official Helper
Garden Designer

Steve_God is more than a nobody... but not by much
Send a message via MSN to Steve_God Send a message via Skype™ to Steve_God

Bringing comedy, humour, grandmas and lube to Bushtarion since Round 5...

"GILFs for Life!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tiger' View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
I'm team Steve_God.
"[19:44] <@Timmiejj> i vote SG for #1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
how does any of this help steve retain rank 1?
Quote:
Ps. Go team steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillie View Post
oh and STEVE - GOD ftw cause he likes grandmas
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
Darkprophecies
Pruner

Darkprophecies is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_God View Post
I'll be honest. I LoL'd at this.
Darkprophecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #7
willymchilybily
Landscape Designer

At the end of the day steve only you can change it. so its up to you, i doubt azzer will/cba to do anything at all, but just an fyi. Your "jokes" have made
w1gl4f worried he cant play the game anymore because no one will play with him or he'll get raped constantly. and those who he knows and know his brother dont realise fully there are no admins, so they think admins are abusing their power. its just not really doing any good. and its hard to set them straight when the manual is saying he is a backstabber. when all he did from what i am told is ship jump.

But yeah its up to you what you do mate. Just think a forum link is better way to go. hell arent you a forum mod as well as a helper? you could make a sticky thread if you wanted?
Old 20-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #8
Twigley
Hydroponics Developer

Twigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyes

Im adding your name to that list, willy.

Really, we care about this? Game is dead, get over it.
Twigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #9
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

Harmless imo.
Old 20-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
Benneh
Super Moderator
Tree Surgeon

Benneh has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
link

Recruiting:
*IceOfFire
*QS
*CK
*Addicted
*Antney
*w1gl4f

It has been removed from the manual, however, it was fun whilst it lasted.

Recents:
R46: DothMotherKnowYouWearethHerDrapes [4559] - Last Action Heroes
R47:trueLAD [319] / Itzcoliuhqui [9623] - Xipetotec (Leader)
R48: Let's get it right this time. [7792] - MADAFAKA (Leader)
R49: Tigers dutty whore. [1601] - Adramalech (Co-Lead)
R53: Where is Azzer [8090] - TAP
R54: Knock Knock. Here comes the cock. [349] - Antisback's Peons (Inactive Leader)
R57: Oh what a Nightmare [9987] - Thai Army Of One
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #11
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

Tbh, most of those names are no news - The sooner people just don't acknowledge and accept them, the better.

Twiglet makes good point. Shock. Acceptance. It's official, there is nothing left to be surprised by, anymore.

RETIRED FROM PLAY:
R17-37 & 39-52

http://bushtarion.com/portal/portal_...w.php?Nick=D4X
R34; 111 Credits of Uselessness [5038] / FunkyTown, Finish Rank 43

PRE-RESTART ID's:
R21; Raphael of The_TMHT [3251] / Vengeance
R18-20; Should of Swallowed
R17; PassOut of Existence [9677]
Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
dave
Harvester

dave has started the journey down Repute Road

this makes me lol. id have done the same thing in the manual just to annoy them.
Rnd 31 Daves Game - solo
Rnd 30 daves game - solo
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
Steve_God
Official Helper
Garden Designer

Steve_God is more than a nobody... but not by much
Send a message via MSN to Steve_God Send a message via Skype™ to Steve_God

Quote:
At the end of the day steve only you can change it. so its up to you, i doubt azzer will/cba to do anything at all, but just an fyi. Your "jokes" have made
w1gl4f worried he cant play the game anymore because no one will play with him or he'll get raped constantly. and those who he knows and know his brother dont realise fully there are no admins, so they think admins are abusing their power. its just not really doing any good. and its hard to set them straight when the manual is saying he is a backstabber. when all he did from what i am told is ship jump.

But yeah its up to you what you do mate. Just think a forum link is better way to go. hell arent you a forum mod as well as a helper? you could make a sticky thread if you wanted?
There are plenty of others that have the ability to edit the manual, but I do appear to be the only active one around that can do so at the mo.

With regards to w1gl4f, that's correct, he did only jumpship, and wasn't on the original list of 5 that was put on yesterday, only added this morning in hastle. I'll happy make it known here and now that he was not a backstabber in anyway.

As for the forum link to 'those with a bad reputation', quite like the idea (although I'm not a forum mod, only an in-game helper, so couldn't create a sticky myself)

TL;DR: Apologies to w1gl4f, it's now been removed from the manual, everyone else needs to get a sense of humour

Bringing comedy, humour, grandmas and lube to Bushtarion since Round 5...

"GILFs for Life!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tiger' View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
I'm team Steve_God.
"[19:44] <@Timmiejj> i vote SG for #1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
how does any of this help steve retain rank 1?
Quote:
Ps. Go team steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillie View Post
oh and STEVE - GOD ftw cause he likes grandmas
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #14
Chris_
Head Gardener

Chris_ has travelled far down Repute Road

How inappropriate and deeply offending

DAT EFF

[19:22] <@Rinzler> where are your nevrves
[19:22] <@Rinzler> of steal
Chris_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #15
Benneh
Super Moderator
Tree Surgeon

Benneh has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_ View Post
How inappropriate and deeply offending

Recents:
R46: DothMotherKnowYouWearethHerDrapes [4559] - Last Action Heroes
R47:trueLAD [319] / Itzcoliuhqui [9623] - Xipetotec (Leader)
R48: Let's get it right this time. [7792] - MADAFAKA (Leader)
R49: Tigers dutty whore. [1601] - Adramalech (Co-Lead)
R53: Where is Azzer [8090] - TAP
R54: Knock Knock. Here comes the cock. [349] - Antisback's Peons (Inactive Leader)
R57: Oh what a Nightmare [9987] - Thai Army Of One
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Bushtarion Discussions