Steve_God is more than a nobody... but not by much
Send a message via MSN to Steve_God Send a message via Skype™ to Steve_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tiger' View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogluk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvestein View Post
Does no one else find it rude that people keep saying its a hoax even though Magpie has directly come out and said he'll buy the game entirely out of his own pocket (and in my opinion he doesn't seem to be doing this because he thinks its a sure fire way to make loads of money but rather because he enjoys the game and wants to make it fun for the community again?)

You guys are basically calling him liars no? If you feel like that I feel like it'd be better just to not say anything tbh. Sorry if you feel offended, tis just the way I feel.
Ignore the cynical naysayers who'd rather see the game die for their own amusement that see it actually have something resembling a faint hope of survival.

Things are moving along, albeit slowly, partly due to Magpie being based in Aussie and Azzer being in the UK
++1
+2

Bringing comedy, humour, grandmas and lube to Bushtarion since Round 5...

"GILFs for Life!"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
I'm team Steve_God.
"[19:44] <@Timmiejj> i vote SG for #1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
how does any of this help steve retain rank 1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by willymchilybily View Post
Ps. Go team steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillie View Post
oh and STEVE - GOD ftw cause he likes grandmas
Old 16-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #152
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_God View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogluk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvestein View Post
Does no one else find it rude that people keep saying its a hoax even though Magpie has directly come out and said he'll buy the game entirely out of his own pocket (and in my opinion he doesn't seem to be doing this because he thinks its a sure fire way to make loads of money but rather because he enjoys the game and wants to make it fun for the community again?)

You guys are basically calling him liars no? If you feel like that I feel like it'd be better just to not say anything tbh. Sorry if you feel offended, tis just the way I feel.
Ignore the cynical naysayers who'd rather see the game die for their own amusement that see it actually have something resembling a faint hope of survival.

Things are moving along, albeit slowly, partly due to Magpie being based in Aussie and Azzer being in the UK
++1
+2
I'm actually quite encouraged and pleased about this turn of events, the cynical, pessimistic part of me just can't be turned off so easily Up the Bushies!

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Old 16-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #153
Alvestein
Tree Surgeon

Alvestein is more than a nobody... but not by much

Alci - haha, i'd go with "would it kill you to show it sometimes!" if I didn't think it actually might

Old 17-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #154
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

It would. I tried it once, broke my toes; got the flu; my xbox broke; my cat died; and my stomach acquired an ulcer

So your assessment would be bang on good sir.

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

Quote:
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Old 17-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #155
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

and for my part, i posted this being a troll thread long before anything actually happened.

i also am pleased if things get fixed. however, i think it's unreasonable on everyone's part to keep chomping at the bit as if the wand can be waived and bing it's fixed!

as far as we've been led to believe, only an agreement was reached. no money has exchanged. admin privileges/passwords haven't happened. things take time and going off like a laboratory full of mice afflicted with ADHD isn't going to help things. Actually may even discourage new players with such drivel.

so haters going to hate and can say whatever they want, but a mary poppings everything is fruity atmosphere isn't going to fix things or help as much as they want to believe.

tl;dr - when something is going to happen and you need to be aware - you'll be made aware.
Old 17-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #156
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
so haters going to hate and can say whatever they want, but a mary poppings everything is fruity atmosphere isn't going to fix things or help as much as they want to believe.
Its always interesting, though, to see who is least comfortable in this type of environment and who would rather things to be dark, dreary and cynical. (You, in case I'm not being clear enough).

From what I've seen and from the conversations I've had with Max/Magpie there's every reason for enthusiasm and optimism. Ignore the boring/anti-change individuals lurking about. Garrett is miserable and misery loves company
Old 17-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #157
Your_Mum
Weeder

Your_Mum is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Well yeah, that's pretty obvious. But a 'Mary Poppins everything is fruity atmosphere' is a happier one.

The way you feel isn't going to change anything, so why be cynical and negative when you can be happy and optimistic? It's so easy to lighten the mood just by taking a different perspective, just because it doesn't matter.

For example,I had a **** night sleep last night. During an awake moment I suddenly realised I had left out my compound on a bench in chem labs. It took me 12 hours to make and if it was thrown out etc I was screwed. But then I thought, there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, so stop giving ****s, chill ***** and go to sleep. Do I did, and I was happy, not ******** myself.

Basically, if people are being happy and optimistic, ****ing awesome, keep it up.
Old 17-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #158
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews

I just wanted to say I take offence when I see the forums say:

"Azzer is willing to sell
Your Mum"
Old 17-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #159
Your_Mum
Weeder

Your_Mum is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post

Your Mum"
Haha, your welcome
Old 17-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #160
Yochoko
Head Gardener

Yochoko has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post

Your Mum"
then, i totally approve:

Dimitar"

andddddddd, i'm not impatient at this point!! things are moving 'forward' at least, and it's encouraging!! and you can't expect the transfer of the ownership to happen by snapping fingers especially magpie being in australia and all!!
Old 17-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #161
'Tiger'
Landscape Designer

'Tiger' has travelled far down Repute Road

But when it says

Dimitar"

Its all cool!

EDIT: Yochoko beat me
Old 17-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #162
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Yochoko ftw

Quote:
Old 17-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #163
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
Quote:
Its always interesting, though, to see who is least comfortable in this type of environment and who would rather things to be dark, dreary and cynical. (You, in case I'm not being clear enough).

From what I've seen and from the conversations I've had with Max/Magpie there's every reason for enthusiasm and optimism. Ignore the boring/anti-change individuals lurking about. Garrett is miserable and misery loves company
being realistic about the speed in which things will move is hardly cynical. you simply can't refrain from being pompous and arrogant. you want to believe i'm miserable and that's fine. whatever helps you out at night bro.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #164
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Quote:
the usual nonsense
Nobody is against change. What you call "boring", I call "common sense". Garrett isn't being dreary, he is saying that we should have patience and not get carried away. I think you are more cynical for immediately jumping to the worst conclusions about Garrett's intentions on this point.

There is reason to be optimistic, but there is also reason to be sceptical. Hardly any of us know Magpie. I don't think I've ever spoken to him. And even if he seems like a perfectly nice guy, he could turn out to be a complete jackass (no offence, Magpie). We don't know if he'll be a good admin. We don't know if he is going to make good changes (from our perspective). We really don't know much at all.

There are a lot of possibilities and imo it is understandable to not be purely optimistic when we don't know what is going to happen.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #165
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Quote:
Quote:
the usual nonsense
Nobody is against change. What you call "boring", I call "common sense". Garrett isn't being dreary, he is saying that we should have patience and not get carried away. I think you are more cynical for immediately jumping to the worst conclusions about Garrett's intentions on this point.

There is reason to be optimistic, but there is also reason to be sceptical. Hardly any of us know Magpie. I don't think I've ever spoken to him. And even if he seems like a perfectly nice guy, he could turn out to be a complete jackass (no offence, Magpie). We don't know if he'll be a good admin. We don't know if he is going to make good changes (from our perspective). We really don't know much at all.

There are a lot of possibilities and imo it is understandable to not be purely optimistic when we don't know what is going to happen.
+1. Toby is right, as usual. DA is spouting the usual nonsense.

We're all optimistic (i think), but we aren't all over the moon unicorns and candy poop about it. Be sensible, not retarded.

Quote:
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Bushtarion Discussions