Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Alliances > General Discussion

Old 19-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #31
flameharvester
Head Gardener

flameharvester has started the journey down Repute Road

Indeed.

To be fair there is a few factors one needs to consider when looking at this round as a one alliance round;

1) Players: Simply put max/elderveld, Lukeyy/No-Dachi and I all seemed to be fighting over the same core, and none of us ended up with exactly what we wanted.

2) Elitism: As last round got closer and closer to ending, It became more and more apparent that n0c0ntr0ls team was going to be The real threat, to put it simply players who had been confirmed for months suddenly jumped up and told me they were playing elsewhere.

3) Me: I feel that with such a strong team in HW, they did stand the best chance of winning, However a strong coordinated resistance between the other 3 allies could have stopped them, My alliance stalled day one when I Injured my knee and have since been so drugged up I am actually playing with positive h/f :O.

4) Boobs: Because boobs are always relevant.

R42: Flamey Returns - Co-Leader of RSF with recon and shaggy.
R43: The World By storm - Fashionably Late
R44: 3 Toed left foot of an irish rabbit - Leader of Lucky Charms.
R45: hidden horror of the american dream - Flying Ninja Giraffes

The obsession Begins!

"<DaX|HL>: Because I've been told 'oh Flamey this' 'oh Flamey that' for about 3 weeks now"

Icyyy - "I Want to have flameys gay babys"

<Elle> Flamey is the man
flameharvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #32
CFalcon
Official Helper
Tree Surgeon

CFalcon is starting to catch people's eyesCFalcon is starting to catch people's eyes
Send a message via MSN to CFalcon

To be honest, Attitude at round start had a lineup that any FTW leader would be pleased with. It was just unfortunate that more than a few members, myself among them, were unable to properly commit during the crucial stage of the round due to easter, exams etc etc
Moose-Samurai-Sadomasochism-Judgement-Tsunami-Leftovers-TheGovernment-Spiderpig-AverageJoes-Redemption-Salacious-KHaoS-Inimical-Chance-Enmity-KHaoS-NOMW-dRage Quit-Kleptomaniacs -Al'Tuin-TBA-PW-HeartCollectors
Lords of The North/Le Loup des Mers of Imperieuse/General Craufurd of the Light Division/The 95th Rifles/Darkshine/The Old Man of the Mountains/MK Ultra/Jarl Ragnar/Wyrd bid ful araed/Ultima Ratio Regum/Winter Is Coming/Forth Eorlingas/Now for Wrath. Now For Ruin
CFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #33
IceOfFire
Garden Designer

IceOfFire has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFalcon View Post
To be honest, Attitude at round start had a lineup that any FTW leader would be pleased with. It was just unfortunate that more than a few members, myself among them, were unable to properly commit during the crucial stage of the round due to easter, exams etc etc
Agreed 110%

Although with our route set up and HW general awesomeness, we prob still would have lost.

But i cant understand the confusion in this thread?? We did got FTW, we got beat quite convincingly (to put it nicely) and now we are just having fun.

PS Congratz HW, you were pretty awesome
R4:SoloR5:GITKR6:TandyUKR7:FTBR8:FTB/Blaze R9:BloodAngelsR10:Rizla/TKR11:SoloR12:ElmosHitSquad R13:SoloR14:Anarchy/IndecisionR15:Apathy/SalvationR16:Confusion/SoloR17:DarkSlayers/WW/SymbolismR18:Orgasm/Fenrir R19:AtaxiR20:GITK-CerberusR21:DiabolicR22:CRR23:Geno-LeadR24:Panoply/No_CreditsR25:Pest-LeadR26:JizzR27:Blackbriar-Co-LeadR28:ToxoR29:KHaoS-CoLead R30:Chance-LeadR31:RRR/Old FartsR32:SnSR33:NOMW-Leader R34:WC-CoLeadR35:ARMod-CoLeadR36:Hist/Comeup-LeaderR37:Solo/UnknownRebelsR38:Solo
IceOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #34
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

oh god elmos <3 hit squad. your sig takes me back a ways. your early attacks were good. i thought you all had decent activity as you had quite a few id's on for your attacks. i do wish the war could have lasted longer!
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #35
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post

but seriously DA, if you don't know anything about what's going on, then don't comment. If you do wish to comment, read other people's comments explainaing how and why you are wrong..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alci
DA, you're mistaken in believing that Attitude couldn't have won. They had the ability, the leadership, and the potential, at several points they were ahead of us in land, and troops. We were just lucky they didn't hit us when they had the advantage, and we struck hard as soon as we had it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel
I weren't around the first couple of weeks Alci so I shall give way to your knowledge of having actually been there
That's exactly what I've done - Though I will make whatever arguments I like, with or without the knowledge of whats happening. You're mistaken if you perceive that as willful ignorance I simply weren't here. In any case I've lost interest in this thread and indeed this round, even as an observer - there's not enough happening for things to be even remotely interesting and as ever I can't comment without hostility from a select few very rude, very arrogant individuals.

Last edited by Dark_Angel; 20-04-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Dark_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #36
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its not personal,its Bush View Post
Whoever said the FTW big allys give other people chances who havnt played in them before is rubbish.

You would have to sit on irc and play for rounds and rounds before you could be trusted.
Er, pardon?

Last round, you may want to check who was in rank 1.

RETIRED FROM PLAY:
R17-37 & 39-52

http://bushtarion.com/portal/portal_...w.php?Nick=D4X
R34; 111 Credits of Uselessness [5038] / FunkyTown, Finish Rank 43

PRE-RESTART ID's:
R21; Raphael of The_TMHT [3251] / Vengeance
R18-20; Should of Swallowed
R17; PassOut of Existence [9677]
Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #37
LuckySports
Landscape Designer

LuckySports has started the journey down Repute Road

I think he meant "Whoever said the FTW big allys DON'T give other people chances ect.."

Otherwise, that sentence makes no sense.. And would be incredibly false anyway.
Old 20-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #38
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySports View Post
I think he meant "Whoever said the FTW big allys DON'T give other people chances ect.."

Otherwise, that sentence makes no sense.. And would be incredibly false anyway.
The whole lot does make sense - He is implying that only people that can be trusted are let into high ranking alliances.

RETIRED FROM PLAY:
R17-37 & 39-52

PRE-RESTART ID's:
Old 20-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #39
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
I will make whatever arguments I like, with or without the knowledge of whats happening. You're mistaken if you perceive that as ignorance I simply weren't here.
Erm...isn't that pretty much a dictionary definition of ignorance?
Old 20-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #40
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
I will make whatever arguments I like, with or without the knowledge of whats happening. You're mistaken if you perceive that as ignorance I simply weren't here.
Erm...isn't that pretty much a dictionary definition of ignorance?
I meant "ignorant" in the context of it being used as a derogatory, which generally implies a rejection of what isn't know, or a laziness in not knowing.

Edited initial post to be more clear

Again to be clear this thread wasn't created with the intention of trolling rank 1 or inviting insults that my knowledge of events during rank 1 is lacking, but to prompt some debate on FTW/FTF alliances, which I'm pleased it has.
Old 20-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #41
n0c0ntr0l
Harvester

n0c0ntr0l is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite frankly I can't see this as an empty victory, more than once Attitude had a land lead (and more importantly Lukey called me a n00b, that makes every acre of land, every dead troop that much sweeter). They had a troop lead for a great amount of time too. They certainly were better stealers than us in the flak wars. If they hadn't started a flak war on us they would have most likely had a decent land lead on us by saturday. They didn't play badly at all and in another round I think they would have won, Dachi is an excellent leader.

As for all this business of FTW and FTF does it really matter? Play how you want to play, I don't see why it should leave labels. And frankly, if you are refreshing over 6 hours a day and are contactable, you are playing in a FTW manner no matter what you say.
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #42
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

n0c0 has made his daily contribution of idiocy, so we can all breath a sigh of relief.

I called you a noob last round for not understanding your route - I felt that a pretty valid reason to do so. Lukey is a nutcase as well, so I wouldn't listen to anything he says.

RETIRED FROM PLAY:
R17-37 & 39-52

PRE-RESTART ID's:
Old 20-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #43
LuckySports
Landscape Designer

LuckySports has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
And frankly, if you are refreshing over 6 hours a day and are contactable, you are playing in a FTW manner no matter what you say.
I'd have to strongly disagree with this..

You spend around 8.63 hour(s) a day playing Bushtarion.

This is my incredibly inactive round.. and solo..

Though, if anyone else remembers, there's an entire troll thread with folks debating the meaning of "FTW" or "FTF"

Either you want to win, or you don't, but in the end, almost any alliance will say "lets give it a go" if you give them enough of a chance to take it.
Old 20-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #44
Its not personal,its Bush
Harvester

Its not personal,its Bush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its not personal,its Bush View Post
Whoever said the FTW big allys give other people chances who havnt played in them before is rubbish.

You would have to sit on irc and play for rounds and rounds before you could be trusted.
Er, pardon?

Last round, you may want to check who was in rank 1.
1 5420 The Bloody Nine Evil Heart Collectors dachi

That was rank one,im 99.9% sure hes not an unkown Dax?

Only people that have a name for themselfs are let into big ftw allys,this is 100% true.

R6 solo,R7 Virustwo,R8 HeartOfAngels,R9 Stargazers,R41 Bribemania,R42 solo,R43 Solo/AnQ,R44 solo ragequit,R45 Solo
Its not personal,its Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #45
n0c0ntr0l
Harvester

n0c0ntr0l is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
n0c0 has made his daily contribution of idiocy, so we can all breath a sigh of relief.

I called you a noob last round for not understanding your route - I felt that a pretty valid reason to do so. Lukey is a nutcase as well, so I wouldn't listen to anything he says.
Shields are very simple. They don't die and they soak up the damage (depending on your ratio). Simple as.
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Alliances > General Discussion