Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Alliances > General Discussion

Old 14-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
Max
Garden Designer

Max is starting to catch people's eyesMax is starting to catch people's eyes
Default No purposely FTW alliances please

Come on everyone, there's little glory in a ftw alliance victory these days.

Any chance of getting every alliance to take a relaxed approach... or a theme... or just try for a different goal other than rank 1 value?

No?

OK nevermind then

Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
Your_Mum
Weeder

Your_Mum is more than a nobody... but not by much

It is a valid suggestion, but consider that in ftf alliances, many people are still contactable. How do you gauge how ftw an alliance is?

Just from another point of view, I would encourage alliances to take a no contactability approach. Although I don't really know if this is any more feasible considering certain people may not be able to sleep at night knowing they could be being zeroed that very moment.

Yeah, I don't really see it happening...
Your_Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
Max
Garden Designer

Max is starting to catch people's eyesMax is starting to catch people's eyes

In my mind - I'm thinking of the overall mindset of the alliance, rather than the individuals.

You can have active contactable players for sure. But I ask the leaders kindly to ponder whether they want to really try hard to win... or do something different, new, intriguing, crazy or downright interesting!

Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
Hamilton
Tree Surgeon

Hamilton is an unknown quantity at this point

Ranks 1-20 top negative H/F rating? lol

The playerbase is dying still nothing will change, people play to win and winning is by winning in score. That's the objective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij89w...&feature=share
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
Elderveld
Official Helper
Tree Surgeon

Elderveld is more than a nobody... but not by much

an all SA alliance would be cool ! mass stealth inc/def
Elderveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
Godsend9701
Harvester

Godsend9701 is more than a nobody... but not by much

why dont more people/alliances play FTW instead of playing FTF? instead of *****ing and moaning about an alliance playing FTW, and having fun killing/stealing other peoples troops/land.
Godsend9701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
CFalcon
Official Helper
Tree Surgeon

CFalcon is starting to catch people's eyesCFalcon is starting to catch people's eyes
Send a message via MSN to CFalcon

It's true that if more people decided to go ftw, then ftw wouldn't be empty and meaningless.

It's also the case that most 'ftf' alliances that find themselves at or close behind rank 1 will often up their game when the suddenly realise they could win.

So it'd be nice, but I doubt it'll work out that way.
Moose-Samurai-Sadomasochism-Judgement-Tsunami-Leftovers-TheGovernment-Spiderpig-AverageJoes-Redemption-Salacious-KHaoS-Inimical-Chance-Enmity-KHaoS-NOMW-dRage Quit-Kleptomaniacs -Al'Tuin-TBA-PW-HeartCollectors
Lords of The North/Le Loup des Mers of Imperieuse/General Craufurd of the Light Division/The 95th Rifles/Darkshine/The Old Man of the Mountains/MK Ultra/Jarl Ragnar/Wyrd bid ful araed/Ultima Ratio Regum/Winter Is Coming/Forth Eorlingas/Now for Wrath. Now For Ruin
CFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
Turkey
Harvester

Turkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFalcon View Post
It's true that if more people decided to go ftw, then ftw wouldn't be empty and meaningless.

It's also the case that most 'ftf' alliances that find themselves at or close behind rank 1 will often up their game when the suddenly realise they could win.

So it'd be nice, but I doubt it'll work out that way.

+1

Deep down everyone plays FTW, its human nature.
Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 01:42 AM   #9
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

I am kept playing by nostalgia and trying new stuff now. I found a new entertaining passtime in garg collecting - But I'm sitting some time out after this to return a healthy sleeping pattern and move home!

There should be an alliance effectiveness/bounty hunting portal for top 3. The prerequisites for a portalling alliance in score should be changed to top 3. 5 at a push. It could make leaders a little more eager to achieve, perhaps?

I know that we kicked it up a gear when we noticed SW overtook us, so you can definitely rouse interest when the right goals come up.
Old 18-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #10
CrazyMonkey01
Harvester

CrazyMonkey01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post

Any chance of getting every alliance to take a relaxed approach... or a theme... or just try for a different goal other than rank 1 value?

No?

OK nevermind then
Yes please

Round 42: White Owl Cigars [6131] -
Obnoxious

Round 43: Scooby Doo [9175] -
Heart Collectors

Been playing on and off since round 17.
CrazyMonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #11
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

Zaheen is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsend9701 View Post
why dont more people/alliances play FTW instead of playing FTF? instead of *****ing and moaning about an alliance playing FTW, and having fun killing/stealing other peoples troops/land.
uMAD?

http://youtu.be/wcsOP8B9c1A listen to this and relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey View Post
Deep down everyone plays FTW, its human nature.
Maybe in certain aspects, but I played this game for many years and I deleted from ranks 1-20 every time I found myself bored, without targets or simply not having fun.

So I'd disagree.

As for not being contactable, I mentioned this in my first ever round, up until I quit - repeating myself endlessly every time I played. It will never change, even if people start out FTF the moment they find themselves in a winning position they will just sit up too long to try and win.

Even I fell into the trap of playing too much, but that wasn't because I wanted to win - I was solo and just didn't want some hero to get a cheap shot on me. Big difference in my eyes, but in others it would be seen as I'm nothing but a hypocrite.

It's always been about the player base, and their mentality to games. Mine has always been about fun, and having fun, and helping new players have fun. I would suicide months of effort and rank to prove the point that I don't care about rank, winning and score.

There's only a handful of players left playing who would do that. That's the problem.

Becoming Rank 1 in valuation gives nothing but an award (another aspect of any game I simply don't care about). Yes, awards are nice, but when you have to do things in a game you wouldn't ever do, what is the fun in that? It's more of a chore than playing for fun. Modern games have used this approach to get certain individuals hooked, did it work on you? Oops.

I know everybody will disagree, but speeding up ticks will dramatically reduce the ability to be contacted as frequent. Look at some other games where they have instant battle reports.

If you are online, yes defend - if you are offline, you should need defence or you should die (with the exception of coming online just before the battle takes place).

That's how it was designed, and that's how it should be because I honestly can't understand why it should take days, weeks and sometimes months just to kill somebody in Bushtarion. It never use to be like this, and it doesn't mean that player is any good, it just means the alliance they're in have taken a very sad approach to their lifestyles. No offence.

Last edited by Zaheen; 26-06-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Zaheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews

hi raheem
Old 26-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #13
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

Zaheen is more than a nobody... but not by much

Hi
Zaheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #14
Ogluk
Official Helper
Tree Surgeon

Ogluk has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to Ogluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post

No?

OK nevermind then
Seems atleast one bunch of muppets care enough to be massing training alliances on the 3rd day of the round, Max's dream has died!
R47 Slash and Burn
R45 Ackbar'sFlightSchool
R44 Attitude/Discworld
R42 Drunk In Public
R41 A Nag Ram
R40 Mo Dakka
R39 Al'Tuin Leader
R38 RiF
R37 dRAGE QUIT LEADER
R36 Comatose -> Comeuppance
R34 Funkytown
R33 NOMW -> Authentic
R32 KHaoS LEADER
R31 RRR/EF [deleted] Ailihphilia
R30 TDL LEADER
R29 BYOB LEADER
R28 YouSuck CO
R27 Pure-Solo Thief
Ogluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #15
Twigley
Hydroponics Developer

Twigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyes

Whats the story this round anyway.

Looks like 2 a half alliances going for rank 1?

No doubt the one with the usual names in will be spying/snapping? Trollface.jpg
Twigley is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Alliances > General Discussion