Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Bushtarion Discussions

Old 18-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #271
antisback
Head Gardener

antisback is starting to catch people's eyesantisback is starting to catch people's eyes

Yeah, my hosting's expired, so i can only email it to people until i get a new one sorted, pm me with your email and i'll send it on
antisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #272
ArtDogg
Weeder

ArtDogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help with current toolkit

Hey Anti, is there a way for you to email me a copy of the toolkit. I am currently using an extremely outdated version of NBS. im not sure how to PM you on here. artdogg3280@gmail.com
ArtDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #273
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

easiest way is to click a users name beside the post. it's a blue link and gives you 3 options. one of those options is send private message. you could also go to their profile page and scribble on their wall if they have guest messaging turned on.

edit: 3 options if not logged in, 4 options if you are logged in apparently.
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #274
'Tiger'
Landscape Designer

'Tiger' has travelled far down Repute Road

This cant be downloaded anymore??
'Tiger' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #275
Macky21
Pruner

Macky21 is more than a nobody... but not by much
Send a message via AIM to Macky21

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xsl66f3f3...htools.com.xpi
Macky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:02 PM   #276
antisback
Head Gardener

antisback is starting to catch people's eyesantisback is starting to catch people's eyes

Got some hosting sorted.

http://www.anthonycleaver.com/bushta...olkit_v4-3.xpi

It's version 4.3 which has a bunch of new stuff that i can neither remember or be bothered to explain.

Enjoy.
Old 13-01-2014, 07:29 AM   #277
Gazzy
Head Gardener

Gazzy has travelled far down Repute Road

Cheers dude!
Old 20-01-2014, 12:20 AM   #278
d00ner
Pruner

d00ner is more than a nobody... but not by much

If I try and use the route search, it logs me out with 'timed out' error. Im on FF with the latest version of your plugin, any ideas on how to fix it?
d00ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #279
antisback
Head Gardener

I don't think that's the plugin, it doesn't (and can't) touch your cookies or the server session vars. Does it happen for each route search? Are you using any proxies? Does the domain name change when it attempts to do a route search?
Old 18-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #280
Yeadon
Head Gardener

Yeadon has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal v2 View Post
Is there anyway to get this toolkit for Chrome?
As of today - I would say Chrome is the number one Browser.

I do appreciate that the opinions of the Firefox fans will differ, but not when it comes to Chrome v IE. No contest.

If you do ever get the chance, a version of the toolkit inside Chrome would be smashing

Alliances :: TandyUK / ViruS / MakeTradeFair / Fenrir / Ataxia / Diabolic / Hullabaloo / Sacred / Shipjumpers / Discworld / Enigma / Controversy / Marvel / Sendance / SixthCommandment / Aftermath / TAP
Yeadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #281
timtadams
Landscape Designer

timtadams has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeadon View Post
Quote:

I do appreciate that the opinions of the Firefox fans will differ, but not when it comes to Chrome v IE. No contest.

If you do ever get the chance, a version of the toolkit inside Chrome would be smashing
Except I dont trust google. Their scripts are on every webpage, and they are sure as hell profiling everyone for all their advertising. They got your phone, they got your PC browser, what more do they need? Not that they are gonna kill my family, it's just privacy.

I dunno, am I getting old and cynical and paranoid?

But i still dont like the chrome browser layout and they way the settings are done. I prefer both IE and FF over chrome.

Problem?

R41: Gargantua [1,538,706]
timtadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #282
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtadams View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeadon View Post
Quote:

Except I dont trust google. Their scripts are on every webpage, and they are sure as hell profiling everyone for all their advertising. They got your phone, they got your PC browser, what more do they need? Not that they are gonna kill my family, it's just privacy.

I dunno, am I getting old and cynical and paranoid?

But i still dont like the chrome browser layout and they way the settings are done. I prefer both IE and FF over chrome.
Absolutely 110% agreed. Google are an invasive and deceptive company hell-bent on knowing everything about you and giving it all to your prospective governments for money. GoogleUpdate.exe is a protected service .exe that you cannot abort - This is done with Microsoft giving them free reign to use monitoring of every Windows PC that ever uses a Google product of ANY kind (the website/whatever).
Old 18-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #283
Yeadon
Head Gardener

I get where you are both coming from completely.

I just simply cannot force myself to care significantly about security anymore. Not to the extent of disabling my interest in the browser entirely.

I need to know what I have got to lose by using Google Chrome. Like Tim said, they will not kill your family. I would put money on this NOT happening.

I once had a debate with somebody over sharing a photo of my daughter on Google+ and they claimed it was immoral due to privacy reasons. I told them that hundreds of civilians capture my daughters image first hand in the streets whilst they walk past, stop and tell me how beautiful she is. We are all everywhere.

We live in a world of anti-privacy whilst we use the internet. I do not see the disadvantages of letting somebody know what you are doing. I will openly admit, I do things I probably shouldn't across the web. Who cares.

My VPN should take care of that, as long as I pet him nicely on the head and ask with a degree of warmth.

Lock yourselves down if you must. There's not many beneficiaries to doing so. Just a personal victory in stopping somebody finding out your shoe size.

Alliances :: TandyUK / ViruS / MakeTradeFair / Fenrir / Ataxia / Diabolic / Hullabaloo / Sacred / Shipjumpers / Discworld / Enigma / Controversy / Marvel / Sendance / SixthCommandment / Aftermath / TAP
Old 18-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #284
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

I'm just old-fashioned in that you should at least be asked explicitly for your permission if they want to do such things. The Google motto has never meant so little retrospectively.
Old 18-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #285
Yeadon
Head Gardener

Yeah you definitely should be given the chance to give consent but like you say, you alternatively move to Firefox as you believe it is a much more private browser providing you with a solution to your concerns.

It always boils down to how much you care. I like it for its speed and ability to run most of the things i want to run far quicker than that IE.

Firefox is also quicker than IE but Chrome is my preference. I have a Drive account and Play Music and an Android phone.

They all map in together. I am yet to test Firefox OS.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Bushtarion Discussions