Digger

Wartortle is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a reverse evolution back to my starter form
Wartortle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #17
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

Fair bit of dispute over the FTW/FTFness of alliances this round. As an impartial player this round who has signed up mainly just to observe, its quite clear there is and only ever has been one FTW alliance.

Thus, an empty victory - One which should be avoided by those involved, split up and have some fun
Old 19-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #18
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

you spout utter nonesense. there is simply 1 winner, not 1 ftw. no-dachi said he was going for the win and lost. perhaps you should be a quiet observer.
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
Martin
Super Moderator
Garden Designer

Martin has travelled far down Repute RoadMartin has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
Fair bit of dispute over the FTW/FTFness of alliances this round. As an impartial player this round who has signed up mainly just to observe, its quite clear there is and only ever has been one FTW alliance.

Thus, an empty victory - One which should be avoided by those involved, split up and have some fun
Indeed, obvious. Nothing suggests otherwise.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #20
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
you spout utter nonesense. there is simply 1 winner, not 1 ftw. no-dachi said he was going for the win and lost. perhaps you should be a quiet observer.
Inaccurate, Garrett, but perhaps our definitions of a FTW alliance differ.

To me FTW isn't defined simply by that alliance's aim but its actual capacity to win. If Discworld said they were a FTW alliance but hovered around rank 6 all round would we recognize them as a proper 'FTW' alliance?

No - Because each and every member of that alliance must also share that FTW mentality - and clearly HW are the only alliance to meet that criteria this round.

Definitions aside, the fact remains that there is after a very short amount of time one alliance winning with no competition. Indeed there never has been competition, even before the round began.

My question in this thread, (I'm a commentator on the forums, an observer in-game (again to clarify )) is whether there is genuinely any point in the alliance continuing given nobody credits them with actually having achieved anything. (And, as a solution, whether there is more to achieve for those players in joining a FTF alliance and actually competing with other FTF alliances).

Apologies if this reads as a troll to those members of rank 1, but suck it up, I'm just saying
Old 19-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #21
Twigley
Hydroponics Developer

Twigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyes

DA, im in a low ranked alliance this round just messing around. If you had of seen it a few days earlier you'd be thinking there were 2 ftw allies

Attitude and HW both went ftw. Attitude were infact beating HW at some points and beating them in land too. But they crumbled pretty hardcore. Both alliances defo went for rank 1.
Twigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #22
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

lol Attitude launched the first attacks with 18 people. If that's not a ftw mentality, then not much else is.

by your definition there is only ever 1 ftw ally every round. the one that wins.

omg my sides hurt. you and vizzini should talk some time.
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #23
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

Quote:

Perhaps you should look more closely as you seem to be mistaken regarding a few things. There is in fact very little dispute about the FTW/FTF nature of the alliances this round. Attitude and HW were both ftw, Dachi said he was (Attitude) and on behalf of HW I can confidently state we were going FTW. So where does the disputation of those points come in?

Attitude hit us first with what seemed like almost their whole alliance. An organized, large, well planned wave was not something to be expected from a FTF alliance. And for a FTF they seemed to launch a good number of ally attacks that must have been at least reasonably well organized in order for them to succeed. They were definitely playing FTW.

It isn't really relevant who won or lost, but you're making a few too many assumptions with a few too few facts DA.

Considering the effort we put into teching and being in a position where we could beat Attitude and then roll the waves onto Sixth Commandment (kudos on excellent defense btw) was not an "empty win". It might not have been the most hard fought, or most difficult win to achieve, but the effort and time put in by most players in HW should not be classed as "empty". We wanted it the most, we wanted it the hardest, and we got it, due in no small part to our EFFORT and because, frankly, we had Polo, and Martin

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
Inaccurate, Garrett, but perhaps our definitions of a FTW alliance differ.

To me FTW isn't defined simply by that alliance's aim but its actual capacity to win. If Discworld said they were a FTW alliance but hovered around rank 6 all round would we recognize them as a proper 'FTW' alliance?

No - Because each and every member of that alliance must also share that FTW mentality - and clearly HW are the only alliance to meet that criteria this round.
Garrett is right, of course.

DA, you're mistaken in believing that Attitude couldn't have won. They had the ability, the leadership, and the potential, at several points they were ahead of us in land, and troops. We were just lucky they didn't hit us when they had the advantage, and we struck hard as soon as we had it.

If DW said they were FTW I would not take them seriously, but if an alliance that No_Dachi is leading says they are going for the win, I'd be a fool to consider them as anything but a competitor.

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #24
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

I weren't around the first couple of weeks Alci so I shall give way to your knowledge of having actually been there

From my perspective though, every alliance below ranks 2-5 being very similar in land/score - it didn't look HW had to try very hard to beat off any other "FTW" alliances. At least not the beating it'd have taken in times gone by.
Old 19-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #25
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

Well like I said, it wasn't the hardest fought battle for rank 1 But a battle was fought nonetheless amongst two competing alliances who both were fully capable of taking rank 1.

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

Quote:
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Old 19-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #26
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
If DW said they were FTW I would not take them seriously.
That's how we get you. Our greatest weapon is the element of surprise.

And DA is ofc retarded.
Old 19-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #27
Martin
Super Moderator
Garden Designer

Martin has travelled far down Repute RoadMartin has travelled far down Repute Road

IMO HW are probably the most organised, coherant and team orientated alliance I have ever been in. Combined with the 'leadership' being able to dedicate a fair amount of time at round-start to the well-being and progression of the alliance. On most FTW alliance's best day they'd have struggled to beat us.

None-the-less Atttitude spent their time ahead of us in land and score, and they hit us first with ~18 members (and due to Fly-Overs were joined by several other randoms as we had counted 21-22 IDs), we then entered a flak war which we had to win by buying a fair few Autos, slowing down the development of our best units.

but seriously DA, if you don't know anything about what's going on, then don't comment. If you do wish to comment, read other people's comments explainaing how and why you are wrong..
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #28
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
but seriously DA, if you don't know anything about what's going on, then don't comment. If you do wish to comment, read other people's comments explainaing how and why you are wrong..
While martin is correct as usual, the last paragraph is the most important thing he said

Quote:
Old 19-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #29
atsanjose
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

atsanjose has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to atsanjose

less QQ more pewpew please

I tried baking a pie on your flame, but it just wasn't hot enough.
atsanjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #30
Its not personal,its Bush
Harvester

Its not personal,its Bush is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoever said the FTW big allys give other people chances who havnt played in them before is rubbish.

You would have to sit on irc and play for rounds and rounds before you could be trusted.

R6 solo,R7 Virustwo,R8 HeartOfAngels,R9 Stargazers,R41 Bribemania,R42 solo,R43 Solo/AnQ,R44 solo ragequit,R45 Solo
Its not personal,its Bush is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Alliances > General Discussion