Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Bushtarion Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #16
dave
Harvester
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northants, England
Posts: 204
dave has started the journey down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
Oh, look, a complaint thread without any real value. We don't see these very often
it must have some value its creating a discussion.
__________________
Rnd 34 (it died) azzer.bushtarion - team messi
Rnd 33 A Crackhead - Authentic
Rnd 32 Jesus Christ Monkeyballs - Four20, Cybertech
Rnd 31 Daves Game - solo
Rnd 30 daves game - solo
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #17
Dimitar
Landscape Designer
 
Dimitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,124
Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
blabla.. your... blabla


i understand that maybe you dnt wanna loose units so u attack +1 +2, ur trying to win the game. but trust me it is killing the game people get fed up of putting in the effort and dieing when multiple people send, or some1 just masses with far more units.
1. YOU'RE

2. all those issues are still there at 40% as well, +1 and +2 don't change anything
__________________
Dimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #18
dave
Harvester
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northants, England
Posts: 204
dave has started the journey down Repute Road
Default

of course +1 and +2 changes things, especially at +2 it can add alot of score difference, which is troop difference, compared to 40%

also screw my grammer...doesnt have any relavance
__________________
Rnd 34 (it died) azzer.bushtarion - team messi
Rnd 33 A Crackhead - Authentic
Rnd 32 Jesus Christ Monkeyballs - Four20, Cybertech
Rnd 31 Daves Game - solo
Rnd 30 daves game - solo
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #19
LuckySports
Landscape Designer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nonya
Posts: 1,226
LuckySports has started the journey down Repute Road
Default

YOU don't understand the game, I know this because, you see it every round. Rank 1 gets ahead of everyone and now their attacks HAVE to be +1 or +2. They usually attack rank 2/3 and their bigger members who are in range are also contactable so the bigger players doing most of the +2 attacking aren't killing anyone. Getting abusive mails from your targets/attackers does a lot more damage than attacking +2. If your solo, and they're hitting +2, they are limited in what they can send to attack, if your allied, you have an alliance that can defend. It all evens out. If your getting killed because someone is attacking +2, you need to look at how you are playing, not complain about how others are playing. I suggest you find one of the more experienced players that does a lot of solo play and get with them about your route setup, a decent setup will deter most attackers.
__________________
Retired.. more or less
LuckySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #20
willymchilybily
Landscape Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 1,417
willymchilybily has started the journey down Repute Road
Default

just by the by i have had rank 1 alliances attacking our rank 2 alliance in the past sending 6 guys or more on a tick all +1 or +2 pretty much to land without a fight or if there was a fight one they would win.

It didnt make me quit or leave nor anyone else in my alliance, some did think it was pathetic, i thought it was awsome that our alliance was so good defencively they needed over quarter of thier alliance all 2-3x the size of the target to have a chance of landing. and then they get massively capped massive -ve honour, and steal like 200 acres each.
and when we explained that to the alliance we kinda felt good that we were that good

but a thread like this or if you were in an alliance and you start complaining "omg so unfair the guy attacking me is 3x my score." the new players will believe it is unfair. when really its perfectly easy to defend. that BS is killing the game. that stupid mentality of it being unfair and too difficult is more damaging than anyone sending a +2 attack.

Especially at higher ranks. where there troops are 50% flak and 40% land score. just look at WTFudge. he is 3 times some peoples scores. but would you be scared of that? would that scare you? if he sent at you and was 3 x your score would you be scared?


System hack WTFudge successful:
Staff
Gardener [0] Harvester [0]
Combine Harvester [209,696] Tractor [62,978]
Hippy [0] Yob [0]
Wheelbarrower [0] Geo-Phys Thief [168,936]
Serf [0] Apprentice [0]
Witch [0] Sorcerer [0]
Siren [0] Iron Golem [0]
Dragon [0]

22,000 acres 4-5billion score. and he could hurt a fly.

would you have made this thread if he had sent at you? Id like to think not. Doing well at this game is not about just contactability and knowledge. Its your mentality, and picking your battles. Its looking like if you were attacked and killed you would take them with you kicking and screaming into zero'd ville. and making it damn hard for them to attack you. have you seen any incoming a drunk in public from obnox. probably very little....why, because it takes a whole heap of effort to attack them. it sometimes fails, and just doesnt seem worth while for thier troop heavy land thin asses, when you have better solos and other alliances you can have a go at.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsanjose
Willy, a call from North Korea for you. They want their nuclear overreactor back.
willymchilybily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:05 PM   #21
dave
Harvester
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northants, England
Posts: 204
dave has started the journey down Repute Road
Default

you guys really dont get my point,

one thing is for sure i dont need to learn anything about this game, im an accomploished attacker and player, the fact i wont attack +1 +2 and i aint afraid to loose some troops to have a gd br dont make me a bad player.

i knew this would happen, you try and justify it. i understand why you do it, my point is its killing the game, no1 seems to care they just keep doing it.
__________________
Rnd 34 (it died) azzer.bushtarion - team messi
Rnd 33 A Crackhead - Authentic
Rnd 32 Jesus Christ Monkeyballs - Four20, Cybertech
Rnd 31 Daves Game - solo
Rnd 30 daves game - solo
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #22
Yochoko
Head Gardener
 
Yochoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 316
Yochoko has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

i don't think sending an attack with +2 is a cause of this game dying. i rarely get discouraged by my incs with +1 or +2. i don't see the point of 'rushing' with mods without getting lands, though. :S i mean, the mods (+1, +2, as well as adrenaline rush -1, -2) are the game's mechanics. since they exist, you find the way to counter them. that's 'how to' play this game, i think. if you are allied, you got ally mates to defend you. so, why you'd feel so scared or discouraged? :< if you are solo, then, it absolutely doesn't matter since it's the AR limit that decides what people can send at you. you are just looking at '+2' and not looking at the other factors. also good players or bad players cannot be defined only by the fact that people send with mods or without. i know there are lots of people who are scared of getting even some scratches at the fights. but your accepting to get hurt doesn't make you a good player by default either just for that fact. i think it's more complex to call people or yourselves a 'good' player. complaining about people sending with +2 (because they are out of targets, desperate for easy lands, or simply bored, who knows! but this is a game, so people can play as they please!) which is an authorized act in the game doesn't seem to make you a 'good' player, i'd think. there are solutions to counter your incs. use all the resources. fight a battle that you know for sure you lose and get AR if you are solo and prevent followers, other incs, etc. but if you are allied, i see no excuses, really, and i don't even see a point of this post then. :S
Yochoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #23
dave
Harvester
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northants, England
Posts: 204
dave has started the journey down Repute Road
Default

stop trying to defend it.....

i know why you all do it, so its easy for you to land without loosing many troops.

trust me ive seen alot of peope quit this game because of it.

my point is simple. it makes people quit.

when u do it seems fine, the people getting hit like that are sick of it.
__________________
Rnd 34 (it died) azzer.bushtarion - team messi
Rnd 33 A Crackhead - Authentic
Rnd 32 Jesus Christ Monkeyballs - Four20, Cybertech
Rnd 31 Daves Game - solo
Rnd 30 daves game - solo
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #24
Yochoko
Head Gardener
 
Yochoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 316
Yochoko has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

well, i don't do it, though. but i *understand* why people do, and i can accept that without whining. that's the difference. it's a shame there weren't people around those who quit because of this to tell them it's something that happens often but not something to get discouraged about, and teach them how to counter/fight/ play properly. ofc, this isn't a game for babies who get only what they want. so, if people are not ready to accept some hard times in the game, i dunno. they may as well leave? but sure, only if they are told or taught about this, though.
Yochoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:59 PM   #25
Dimitar
Landscape Designer
 
Dimitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,124
Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post

my point is simple. it makes people quit.

Pick one of the following:

1. Quit to prove your point.

2. Provide us with evidence that proves people quit because of this

3. Stop repeating yourself and think about why there are so many people disagreeing with you in this thread.
__________________
Dimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #26
dave
Harvester
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northants, England
Posts: 204
dave has started the journey down Repute Road
Default

the people disagreeing with me in the thread play at the higher level. i still have no problem with any of you, i u died every night cos people massing you wouldnt wanna play.


how can i prove they leave when they left? i cant get them to back me up there gone.

also your saying quit proving my point because you know its correct, deep down.
im simply using the forums as they should be used, to make a point.
i keep repeating myself because everyones trying to excuse it. if you cant see that killing people over and over and over by massing them with a massive amont of troops, makes them not want to bother and quit, then your quite frankly a moron.

as i keep saying i understand why people do it, lack of targets yada yada.

quite frankie i wish i never bothered making the point. at least sensible players like martin saw what i was saying rather than straight saying im wrong.

have fun ruining the game for alot of the playerbase.
__________________
Rnd 34 (it died) azzer.bushtarion - team messi
Rnd 33 A Crackhead - Authentic
Rnd 32 Jesus Christ Monkeyballs - Four20, Cybertech
Rnd 31 Daves Game - solo
Rnd 30 daves game - solo
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:16 AM   #27
Martin
Super Moderator
Garden Designer
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 974
Martin has travelled far down Repute RoadMartin has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
the people disagreeing with me in the thread play at the higher level. i still have no problem with any of you, i u died every night cos people massing you wouldnt wanna play.


how can i prove they leave when they left? i cant get them to back me up there gone.

also your saying quit proving my point because you know its correct, deep down.
im simply using the forums as they should be used, to make a point.
i keep repeating myself because everyones trying to excuse it. if you cant see that killing people over and over and over by massing them with a massive amont of troops, makes them not want to bother and quit, then your quite frankly a moron.

as i keep saying i understand why people do it, lack of targets yada yada.

quite frankie i wish i never bothered making the point. at least sensible players like martin saw what i was saying rather than straight saying im wrong.

have fun ruining the game for alot of the playerbase.
Thanks for the compliment, however I do believe you are wrong.
I see the frustration in being attacked by someone bigger, however when I play CoD I rarely come anywhere but bottom of the pile. This is because I have slower reflexes, worse guns and I don't know the levels... if you are not good at something, better people will beat you.

What I ask is that you view it from the larger player's perspective, in this case Alci. Based on what you have said about scores I guess your score is similar to mine... however for less land (I assume) it would cost anyone a hell of a lot more than 166mil flak to land on me... this is why I don't get attacked, people like you are nicer targets!

Look at yourself how bigger players see you and you will then learn how to do better and get attacked less. Like all games, practice makes you better.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:37 AM   #28
dave
Harvester
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northants, England
Posts: 204
dave has started the journey down Repute Road
Default

well martin you put together the best response. most other players just want to tell me im stupid, from what i can read.

i know that to win the game and finish high you have to do that...that reali isnt my point.

my point is that people leave because of it :/

maybe its a pointless arguement cos it will still happen. but i love this game and i see it die a little more every round. and i know for general fact that lots of players leave because of it. i cant prove this, as ive already stated, because theyve left.....they wont post on here...they no longer use any bushtarion related website.

also i play the way i do, get good land and get land fat because i love attacking, i love a good br, and good kills and a good land steal. i spend all round doing it normally, and i expect to loose the land quickly.

ive never been great at making points, and i feel astho im doing a bad job of it here.

but i know im right in what im trying to say.

more and more people will quit because of it every round, and if u wish i win the round, or be guarenteed a high rank, then by all means continue bashing, you will no doubt finish high.

but when everybody lower than u gets sick of it, there will be go game to play.
__________________
Rnd 34 (it died) azzer.bushtarion - team messi
Rnd 33 A Crackhead - Authentic
Rnd 32 Jesus Christ Monkeyballs - Four20, Cybertech
Rnd 31 Daves Game - solo
Rnd 30 daves game - solo
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:07 AM   #29
Martin
Super Moderator
Garden Designer
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 974
Martin has travelled far down Repute RoadMartin has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
well martin you put together the best response. most other players just want to tell me im stupid, from what i can read.

i know that to win the game and finish high you have to do that...that reali isnt my point.

my point is that people leave because of it :/

maybe its a pointless arguement cos it will still happen. but i love this game and i see it die a little more every round. and i know for general fact that lots of players leave because of it. i cant prove this, as ive already stated, because theyve left.....they wont post on here...they no longer use any bushtarion related website.

also i play the way i do, get good land and get land fat because i love attacking, i love a good br, and good kills and a good land steal. i spend all round doing it normally, and i expect to loose the land quickly.

ive never been great at making points, and i feel astho im doing a bad job of it here.

but i know im right in what im trying to say.

more and more people will quit because of it every round, and if u wish i win the round, or be guarenteed a high rank, then by all means continue bashing, you will no doubt finish high.

but when everybody lower than u gets sick of it, there will be go game to play.
Your argument is coming accross fine, but all I hear is "people quit due to people attacking at "+1/+2" - however I disagree, unfortunatly as do the majority of people in response to you. Although even if you are right, you can't prove it - so we go around in circles.

I believe the decline in the game is due to a few reasons, now I urge people to read between the lines as I really don't want newer players to read this and see "omg, the game is going downhill", however I don't think your point can be argued without raising it.
The advancements in technology means that the game is very easily accessable due to phones which means people who are active cannot be killed.... it is also due to the fact people want graphics. Text-based games are not popular! People would rather play "bake a cake" or "make a pizza" on Facebook, or whatever other crappy games are on there.
There is also a lack of admin input and changes, stopping the game evolving to keep up with these changes.

If people quit the game due to the "+1/+2 bashing" then they are the kind of people who won't enjoy this game. This game is good due to the social aspect, communicating with real people and thinking of strategies and psycologies between your play and your oponents play (e.g. making yourself a bad target by seeing yourself through your enemies' eyes).
The game cannot really do much else, if someone is bigger than you they should kill you. If you're a good target you will get attacked.
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #30
Yochoko
Head Gardener
 
Yochoko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 316
Yochoko has travelled far down Repute Road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
well martin you put together the best response. most other players just want to tell me im stupid, from what i can read.

i know that to win the game and finish high you have to do that...that reali isnt my point.

my point is that people leave because of it :/

maybe its a pointless arguement cos it will still happen. but i love this game and i see it die a little more every round. and i know for general fact that lots of players leave because of it. i cant prove this, as ive already stated, because theyve left.....they wont post on here...they no longer use any bushtarion related website.

also i play the way i do, get good land and get land fat because i love attacking, i love a good br, and good kills and a good land steal. i spend all round doing it normally, and i expect to loose the land quickly.

ive never been great at making points, and i feel astho im doing a bad job of it here.

but i know im right in what im trying to say.

more and more people will quit because of it every round, and if u wish i win the round, or be guarenteed a high rank, then by all means continue bashing, you will no doubt finish high.

but when everybody lower than u gets sick of it, there will be go game to play.
wellllll, you seem to understand 'why ' this happens and will continue happening. then, why didn't you try to convince those who left to stick around some more? you love this game and you want it to expand and not dwindle. you still enjoy this game. you could explain to those discouraged people that there are still ways to enjoy the game. losing lands and/or dying (losing troops) is a part of the game. you can be totally annihilated by someone around your rank if they got the right route while even with +2, some routes and their set-up (plus the huge land score) can have a hard time killing you AND stealing lands. or they can kill you and land easy too, sure. (i think the latter is what you are complaining about.) but all those happen in this game. making one of them as a cause of people leaving is wrong, imo. those who left didn't have a chance to learn the game and i feel sorry for that. but if you have seen them leaving, maybe you could try to convince them? or when they started complaining about it or getting fed up with those incs. i think we need more encouraging and leading those people into the 'understanding' of the game to make them stay than just watching them leave. besides... attacking with +2 is really not the hardest to make it a reason of quitting.
Yochoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Bushtarion Discussions

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.