Old 17-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #151
Ogluk
Official Helper
Tree Surgeon

Ogluk has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to Ogluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_God View Post
Just for reference for those that weren't around back then and think I'm just crazy for even backing up the idea that it could 'actually' be done, a group called 'Core' split into two towards the end of the round in Round 8, and that was when a private alliance had a limit of only 15, and public of 30.
http://www.bushtarion.com/portal/por...hp?ShowRound=8
and didn't they only really do that to fool CRA so they didn't get raped?
R47 Slash and Burn
R45 Ackbar'sFlightSchool
R44 Attitude/Discworld
R42 Drunk In Public
R41 A Nag Ram
R40 Mo Dakka
R39 Al'Tuin Leader
R38 RiF
R37 dRAGE QUIT LEADER
R36 Comatose -> Comeuppance
R34 Funkytown
R33 NOMW -> Authentic
R32 KHaoS LEADER
R31 RRR/EF [deleted] Ailihphilia
R30 TDL LEADER
R29 BYOB LEADER
R28 YouSuck CO
R27 Pure-Solo Thief
Ogluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #152
Davs
Garden Designer

Davs has travelled far down Repute Road

As probably one of the few players left in this game who genuinely tries to avoid going for free land (except last round in which I was massing CGs and basics, so meh ) it is indeed very sad to see one guy with 5 or more incoming mobs at the same (not on the same tick, but one tick after the other is more damaging anyway tbh, so don't try to use that as a defence.)

Yes it's hard for the top to steal land because they have so very few targets, so I can understand why these sorts of attacks occur, but it's still not that hard when you're that big to carry out attacks in a different way that doesn't result in people whining about it on the forums.

I'd like to point out that I'm not whining, just commenting on experience from previous rounds where the same thing happened time and time again. If anything, I'm growing more tired of the people *****ing about it on the forums than of the attacks themselves. So, for the sake of the forum, please stop this lazy attack-style.

[17:50] <Ogluk> we all have bad days
[17:50] <Hobbezak> I don't. :/
[17:50] <Hobbezak> I only have awesome days.
[17:50] <Hobbezak> So does Davs.
[17:51] <Elle> Davs is 10x more awesome than you though Hobbs
Davs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #153
Kuda
Official Helper
Pruner

Kuda has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogluk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_God View Post
Just for reference for those that weren't around back then and think I'm just crazy for even backing up the idea that it could 'actually' be done, a group called 'Core' split into two towards the end of the round in Round 8, and that was when a private alliance had a limit of only 15, and public of 30.
http://www.bushtarion.com/portal/por...hp?ShowRound=8
and didn't they only really do that to fool CRA so they didn't get raped?
correct and it wasn't near the end either, it was about mid round when we split to avoid CRA. but even then people complained that we were cheating by splitting into 2 alliances of at the time equal score to avoid CRA.

For those who weren't around back in round 8. Core was named as it was made up of the central group of players from Shadows, which also dominated by a long way in round 7 with almost the same average score as rank 2 alliances collective score.

Name Members Size Score Avg. Score
Shadows 12 927,752 2,557,063,763,717 213,088,646,976
Pathosis 18 347,839 226,194,113,470 12,566,339,637

As Core had such a large lead in round 8 and people were complaining that the same group won round 6,7 and would win 8. (mainly Blackwolf and his band of merry Virus trolls ) Azzer decided to implement** an automatic system whereby government troops under the guise of CRA would randomly send at people in the top alliance if they were too far ahead of rank 2 alliance (basically doing the player bases job for them). Now the way CRA worked again was also unfair in a sense. Low cost, low init, big damage units with a total LET value equal to that of the actual value of the target (including land score, flak, seeds, plants, etc).

I don't know about you lot but I didn't fancy having 150 trillion funds worth of lethals attacking me and nor did the rest of my alliance so we split in 2 groups not of equal member count but of equal score to avoid being woke up in the middle of the night.

I also didn't play bushtarion to fight against an automated system which you had almost no chance of winning against in a battle.

Incidently the same group who complained to get CRA implemented also complained and wanted it removed when they were winning in round 9

** Yes Azzer used to actually make changes to the game both between rounds and during rounds, which may be a shock to some

PureEvil
TerraHawks
Angels
Shadows
Core
Antipodean
Ashes

Grass 653,765,382,851 <-- :-D

[12:18:42] <+Polo> that's cos I'm a moron
[11:12:25] <Polo> nm I'm dumb
Kuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #154
IceOfFire
Garden Designer

IceOfFire has started the journey down Repute Road

Also, isn't it now against the rules for two alliances at the top to work together power block?

Kinda defeats us breaking into two?
R4:SoloR5:GITKR6:TandyUKR7:FTBR8:FTB/Blaze R9:BloodAngelsR10:Rizla/TKR11:SoloR12:ElmosHitSquad R13:SoloR14:Anarchy/IndecisionR15:Apathy/SalvationR16:Confusion/SoloR17:DarkSlayers/WW/SymbolismR18:Orgasm/Fenrir R19:AtaxiR20:GITK-CerberusR21:DiabolicR22:CRR23:Geno-LeadR24:Panoply/No_CreditsR25:Pest-LeadR26:JizzR27:Blackbriar-Co-LeadR28:ToxoR29:KHaoS-CoLead R30:Chance-LeadR31:RRR/Old FartsR32:SnSR33:NOMW-Leader R34:WC-CoLeadR35:ARMod-CoLeadR36:Hist/Comeup-LeaderR37:Solo/UnknownRebelsR38:Solo
IceOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #155
Nickk
Harvester

Nickk has started the journey down Repute Road

the way i see it is that regardless what rank 1 do, be it train/bash or even a properly organised attack there are always going to be people who complain. Let them have the land and let them kill your troops. plenty more fun at the other end anyways
Nickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #156
Hamilton
Tree Surgeon

Hamilton is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickk View Post
the way i see it is that regardless what rank 1 do, be it train/bash or even a properly organised attack there are always going to be people who complain. Let them have the land and let them kill your troops. plenty more fun at the other end anyways
Let them have it? Work tirelessly gaining more land only to gift it away.

I only made that post with Kiwi using 7/8 members training because it resembles what Charades did last round, and now that we've established Kiwi is majority Charades, it comes as no surprise to see this gameplay. It's been noticed that Kiwi are looking to small land TDA players this round that much fatter Combo/Bribemania players. It's a moan because it's not the kind of tactics people want to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij89w...&feature=share
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #157
Godsend9701
Harvester

Godsend9701 is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCrotty View Post
Quote:

I only made that post with Kiwi using 7/8 members training because it resembles what Charades did last round, and now that we've established Kiwi is majority Charades, it comes as no surprise to see this gameplay. It's been noticed that Kiwi are looking to small land TDA players this round that much fatter Combo/Bribemania players. It's a moan because it's not the kind of tactics people want to see.
people dont want to see any tactics unless there the ones doing it, they ***** and moan unless there on top doing it all than they shut up. its no wonder why no one sees or hears of Azzer now days.

And Davs wouldnt u think having people train an ID alot easier to defend against than having 5 or so people on the same tick? i use it as a defence cuz its a valid one.
Godsend9701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #158
Davs
Garden Designer

Davs has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsend9701 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCrotty View Post
Quote:

people dont want to see any tactics unless there the ones doing it, they ***** and moan unless there on top doing it all than they shut up. its no wonder why no one sees or hears of Azzer now days.

And Davs wouldnt u think having people train an ID alot easier to defend against than having 5 or so people on the same tick? i use it as a defence cuz its a valid one.
5 on the same tick you can just mass flak stoppers on the last tick (if need be) and it's covered. If it's spread over 5 or more ticks it's a lot harder to prevent land loss, which for this stage in the game is more important than troop loss. Especially if all of the attackers are vastly bigger than the target.

[17:50] <Ogluk> we all have bad days
[17:50] <Hobbezak> I don't. :/
[17:50] <Hobbezak> I only have awesome days.
[17:50] <Hobbezak> So does Davs.
[17:51] <Elle> Davs is 10x more awesome than you though Hobbs
Davs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #159
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Massing enough flak stoppers to block 5 kiwi members would be rather expensive, Davs, and would end up with all your PoM players dying

Waves are easier to stop since you only have to have enough defenders to kill 1 person. If you first tick it you can get the first guy to recall, then the next guy will probably recall as well, and so on. The only problem comes when they're spread over more than 3 ticks and you get everyone to send for the first guy so you have nothing home to defend against the stragglers.

Moral of the story: always send fake defence first tick
Old 17-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #160
Twigley
Hydroponics Developer

Twigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyes

I was wondering how much longer this thread could go on for without "Twigley" or "TBA" was mentioned.

Gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceOfFire View Post
Also, isn't it now against the rules for two alliances at the top to work together power block?

Kinda defeats us breaking into two?
Code:
5. Game admin/staff may step in to at any stage if a player/group of players is playing in such a way as to detriment the game, playerbase, or business itself, to ensure the game can contiune being played and enjoyed by all.
Only if it's detrimental to the game but im sure you knew that already, babe. xxx

I don't see Charade's .. erm Kiwifruit? .. splitting as they have a fair few that havn't won in a while or some that have just come back and don't know the state of the game. Those people probally outnumber the ones who don't care.

Or they just want to stick together, be inactive, enjoy the summer without worry and troll with minimal effort wave mobs which is basically what every other rank 1 alliance does including ones i've led / been in.

Hopefully now everyone has seen that there are no leaders left to go FTW / enough players to make any real competition, you will all make fun themed alliances in future rounds!!!
Twigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2011, 04:49 AM   #161
Rowan
Harvester

Rowan is an unknown quantity at this point

You know there's trouble when Twigley makes the most sensible post in a thread.
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #162
Angela
Harvester

Angela is more than a nobody... but not by much

we dont need to split into 2 alliances, just give iof the kick button!
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #163
IceOfFire
Garden Designer

IceOfFire has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
I already have it! So be careful Angela!!
R4:SoloR5:GITKR6:TandyUKR7:FTBR8:FTB/Blaze R9:BloodAngelsR10:Rizla/TKR11:SoloR12:ElmosHitSquad R13:SoloR14:Anarchy/IndecisionR15:Apathy/SalvationR16:Confusion/SoloR17:DarkSlayers/WW/SymbolismR18:Orgasm/Fenrir R19:AtaxiR20:GITK-CerberusR21:DiabolicR22:CRR23:Geno-LeadR24:Panoply/No_CreditsR25:Pest-LeadR26:JizzR27:Blackbriar-Co-LeadR28:ToxoR29:KHaoS-CoLead R30:Chance-LeadR31:RRR/Old FartsR32:SnSR33:NOMW-Leader R34:WC-CoLeadR35:ARMod-CoLeadR36:Hist/Comeup-LeaderR37:Solo/UnknownRebelsR38:Solo
IceOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #164
Godsend9701
Harvester

Godsend9701 is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
CK already gave him that, bloody noob move CK noob move lol
Godsend9701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #165
Angela
Harvester

Angela is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsend9701 View Post
Quote:
CK already gave him that, bloody noob move CK noob move lol
yeah imagine giving iof the kick button and not me
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Alliances > Politics