Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > General > Computers and Games

Old 14-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #46
LuckySports
Landscape Designer

LuckySports has started the journey down Repute Road

You have all forgotten one of the most important FREE bits of software any student can get.

http://www.openoffice.org/
The office suite, for free. Works very similarly to Microsoft Office, is 100% free, and can be saved in the same file formats as any office product. I personally use this myself.
LuckySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #47
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

I have a cracked copy of Office '07 and '10 anyway

RETIRED FROM PLAY:
R17-37 & 39-52

http://bushtarion.com/portal/portal_...w.php?Nick=D4X
R34; 111 Credits of Uselessness [5038] / FunkyTown, Finish Rank 43

PRE-RESTART ID's:
R21; Raphael of The_TMHT [3251] / Vengeance
R18-20; Should of Swallowed
R17; PassOut of Existence [9677]
Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #48
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

F.Lux

Quote:
f.lux makes your computer screen look like the room you're in, all the time. When the sun sets, it makes your computer look like your indoor lights. In the morning, it makes things look like sunlight again.

F.lux [...] makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #49
timtadams
Landscape Designer

timtadams has travelled far down Repute Road

I thought I'd share some free software that I rate.

Macrium Reflect FREE
Allows full imaging of your HDD. Prefect for backing up your computer. You can select each partition you want to image. Thus it is able to backup your HDD back to it's original bootable state, including hidden partitions so all recovery and repair options still work after recovery.
I would recommend imaging any computer you get as soon as you get it set up. Thus when you want to do a factory install, you can just load the image, which is much faster. (20 min as opposed to hours for me)

Daemon Tools Lite
A complete disc imaging program. It allows creation of images of discs (including in .ISO format). It also supports multiple virtual drives for mounting of images. Integrates with Astroburn Lite for burning of images to disc.

Astroburn Lite
Burn images to disc. Integrates with Daemon Tools Lite.

Recuva
Free file recovery software. Allows recovery of permanently deleted files. Obviously cannot recover files which have been fully or partially overwritten, which is why you should always attempt recovery before doing anything else with computer. If not already installed at time of need, install a portable version onto external media using another computer and run from that. No limit on file size to be recovered like other 'free' software.

Microsoft Security Essentials
Effective and light antivirus. Free on any legit copy of windows. Don't be put off by what you might have heard about any free antivirus software having poor performance, the current state of free antivirus is that they ALL perform well. This includes AVG, Avast!, MSE and Avira. They are all suitable for your use.

Problem?

R41: Gargantua [1,538,706]
timtadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:31 AM   #50
Refined
Weeder

Refined is an unknown quantity at this point

Really useful stuff, thank you!
Refined is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > General > Computers and Games