Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Alliances > General Discussion

Old 03-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

It's safe so long as you and I aren't in either.

:>

RETIRED FROM PLAY:
R17-37 & 39-52

http://bushtarion.com/portal/portal_...w.php?Nick=D4X
R34; 111 Credits of Uselessness [5038] / FunkyTown, Finish Rank 43

PRE-RESTART ID's:
R21; Raphael of The_TMHT [3251] / Vengeance
R18-20; Should of Swallowed
R17; PassOut of Existence [9677]
Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #17
Elle
Planter

Elle is more than a nobody... but not by much
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey View Post
Deep down everyone plays FTW, its human nature.
Maybe in certain aspects, but I played this game for many years and I deleted from ranks 1-20 every time I found myself bored, without targets or simply not having fun.

So I'd disagree.

As for not being contactable, I mentioned this in my first ever round, up until I quit - repeating myself endlessly every time I played. It will never change, even if people start out FTF the moment they find themselves in a winning position they will just sit up too long to try and win.

Even I fell into the trap of playing too much, but that wasn't because I wanted to win - I was solo and just didn't want some hero to get a cheap shot on me. Big difference in my eyes, but in others it would be seen as I'm nothing but a hypocrite.

It's always been about the player base, and their mentality to games. Mine has always been about fun, and having fun, and helping new players have fun. I would suicide months of effort and rank to prove the point that I don't care about rank, winning and score.

There's only a handful of players left playing who would do that. That's the problem.

Becoming Rank 1 in valuation gives nothing but an award (another aspect of any game I simply don't care about). Yes, awards are nice, but when you have to do things in a game you wouldn't ever do, what is the fun in that? It's more of a chore than playing for fun. Modern games have used this approach to get certain individuals hooked, did it work on you? Oops.

I know everybody will disagree, but speeding up ticks will dramatically reduce the ability to be contacted as frequent. Look at some other games where they have instant battle reports.

If you are online, yes defend - if you are offline, you should need defence or you should die (with the exception of coming online just before the battle takes place).

That's how it was designed, and that's how it should be because I honestly can't understand why it should take days, weeks and sometimes months just to kill somebody in Bushtarion. It never use to be like this, and it doesn't mean that player is any good, it just means the alliance they're in have taken a very sad approach to their lifestyles. No offence.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe I'm about to say this......but I totally agree with Zaheen.

*waits for lightning to strike her dead*
Elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #18
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews

I took months to be properly killed last round - Yet I don't think I was OTT on saving my staff for a 'win'. When you're in a smaller alliance, you will often find 2-4 people that 'prop up' the alliance. In the dying weeks of last round, Sixth's equivalent was myself, James & FFX.

Although I exhausted myself in the process, I was PART of what kept the alliance alive. I pride myself on that. I'm sure James prides himself in his selfless commitment, too. There are others things, aside from victories or awards, that drive people within games. No two people are the same - So why lump everyone in a single category? It is very small-minded to assume such things.

RETIRED FROM PLAY:
R17-37 & 39-52

PRE-RESTART ID's:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #19
Yochoko
Head Gardener

Yochoko has travelled far down Repute Road

Deep down everyone plays FTF, its human nature.

hey, if it's not fun to play a game for them, they wouldn't be playing it in the first place!!

'winning' for me is a personal goal for each player. can be "finish at rank 1 (for anything)", "save as many ally mates as possible", "be active 12 hours a day", or anythingggggg!!! people get fun by 'winning'. we all enjoy what we like! if irritating others is what you like, then, you should be having fun by doing so! who are we to judge others' fun??? we can't define their 'fun' and criticise it.

when you can't get fun by playing a game, you know it's when you wanna stop playing it. so, i'd rather assume all those players who made their IDs and playing are having fun! and to win their own goals!
Yochoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #20
Stegosaurus
Pruner

Stegosaurus is more than a nobody... but not by much

I like taking place in battles, and I like to watch units be destroyed. I don't particularly care if its a fair fight or not, as long as the numbers are big.

The best way to accomplish this, is by playing to win. It also requires self preservation. Can't kill things if you don't have anything.
Stegosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #21
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Kieran is also a massive goatsee.

RETIRED FROM PLAY:
R17-37 & 39-52

PRE-RESTART ID's:
Old 06-08-2012, 03:20 AM   #22
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

Zaheen is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
Ranks 1-20 top negative H/F rating? lol

The playerbase is dying still nothing will change, people play to win and winning is by winning in score. That's the objective
The objective of a game like RuneScape is not to win by score, or total experience, or to dedicate your life to a game by giving out personal information and being woken up in sleep.

The players who play any game like that can't possibly have the fun that say somebody who simply plays games for the sake of playing a game.

I can appreciate that it is fun to "win", but there's many different ways to win. I've always picked wrong words and badly thought out comments to sum up players who play to win, but having up to 19 people babysit you and your incoming really count towards a win by your score valuation alone?

It's even rare for a solo to win by that nature, more often than not even they are contactable these days, and that's come about via a knock on effect by everybody else around them in order to just stay in the game.

This has pretty much filtered out everybody who doesn't wish to play this way, or people who just have better things to think about other than Bushtarion, and that's why the player base has declined into nothing. I've always been laughed at, especially in the early days, and my first ever round(s) which were 8, when I made jokes about changing the game name to "Phone Wars", but it was true then and it's true now.

A mobile app for this game would be the end of Bushtarion as you know it, for me at least.

Your perception of winning is very different to mine, and most likely your perception to life is different as well. Not to offend you or anybody else, but if you maintain this play style you will find that it's just you, your kind, and the bots that remain.

Everybody else is going to just move on with their life and look back at this and grin, because the majority of the player base don't find this play style fun.
Zaheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #23
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews

hi raheem

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Alliances > General Discussion