Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions

Old 17-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
alwaysnumb
Head Gardener

alwaysnumb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Morale

Another idea to slow lots of attacking at dishonourable levels.

Introduce a new stat called morale

When I attack dishounourably I lose morale
When I attack/defend honourably I gain morale
Morale comes back over time
Depending on morale level this dictates how low I can attack
alwaysnumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
Davs
Garden Designer

Davs has travelled far down Repute Road

Strikes me as yet another mechanic that'll piss off the top alliance. And before some idiot shouts and whines about how I shouldn't expect an easy win or any other poorly thought out response which bares no relevance to me anyway (I've never played nor never will play to win), actually read what I have to say rather than just assume that I sit at home crying because there's no big red win button.

Essentially, this is majorly flawed because when the rank 1 alliance (and even big solos) get to a certain score size, the only people they can hit are players in the lower levels in their targetting range. Not because the bigger ones are too hard to land on, but because there are no bigger players except members of their own alliance. All this will do is make the top players even more bored for the latter half of the round, which could very easily drive more people away from the game.

If this weren't the case I'd say it was a really good idea - as for the middle rank alliances and solos this would force people to play in a more interesting way. But sadly this game always leads to the top players pulling massively ahead from everyone else, at which point their essentially being penalized for being too good (doesn't exactly scream "fairness" does it?)

[17:50] <Ogluk> we all have bad days
[17:50] <Hobbezak> I don't. :/
[17:50] <Hobbezak> I only have awesome days.
[17:50] <Hobbezak> So does Davs.
[17:51] <Elle> Davs is 10x more awesome than you though Hobbs
Davs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
alwaysnumb
Head Gardener

Have all those people with current red titles had no honourable targets since day1?
Is it fair that a whole bunch of guys send +2 on the biggest guy in the smallest allie and then go straight back?
Do you think its right that its possible to get so far ahead in a game that you have noone to attack anymore?
Does anyone really care?
Old 17-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
john
Harvester

john is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysnumb View Post
Have all those people with current red titles had no honourable targets since day1?
They have honourable targets, however the honourable targets are often harder to land on.

Quote:
Is it fair that a whole bunch of guys send +2 on the biggest guy in the smallest allie and then go straight back?
Of course it's not fair, but thats the way the game goes. And thats also why there's things like landcaps, and eta modifiers.
And who says the big guy in the little ally cant do the same thing to a smaller ally to get his land back?

Quote:
Do you think its right that its possible to get so far ahead in a game that you have noone to attack anymore?
Once again, thats how the game works now. Rank 1 usually gets a giant land lead and gains score from it. The rest of the allies stay out of their range.

There are already lots of tools in place to discourage dishonourable attacking. Attack honourably and you get WK/WW; attack dishonourably and you get land capped, increased eta, and gain a bounty on your head. Adding more **** isn't going to do anything else except kill the player base even more.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews

Spot on, John.

PS: I still wuv u.
Old 18-05-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
Davs
Garden Designer

Davs has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Does anyone really care?
Please reread my post. I said it was a good ideas as far as the lower ranked players go, but it simply isn't viable because it unnecessarily punishes the top just for getting a lead.

The questions you chose in response, whilst they do highlight problems that do exist within the game at the moment, completely ignore what I actually said (with the exception of question 3, which is just stupid as your suggestion will make the top run out of targets faster than they currently do. Good going.)

[17:50] <Ogluk> we all have bad days
[17:50] <Hobbezak> I don't. :/
[17:50] <Hobbezak> I only have awesome days.
[17:50] <Hobbezak> So does Davs.
[17:51] <Elle> Davs is 10x more awesome than you though Hobbs
Davs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
alwaysnumb
Head Gardener

when an allie gets way ahead they make hardly any attacks.
Old 18-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews

I don't get it. What happens if you lose morale? Do your troops start suiciding or something? Or is it just something that will tell you that you're wanted by the government AND your troops are feeling bad about it?
Old 19-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
alwaysnumb
Head Gardener

The worse your morale gets the higher % you are forced to attack.
It recovers over time or by attacking honourably/defending your allie
Old 20-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #10
LuckySports
Landscape Designer

LuckySports has started the journey down Repute Road

just another way of stagnating the game and causing more people to quit..

If anyone remembers, we had the most people playing when it was a mass FFA, before azzer started putting in all these rainbows and unicorns changes.. :/

STOP BEING NICE!

^_^
Old 20-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
alwaysnumb
Head Gardener

So conclusion is

People will quit unless they can constantly attack anyone within minimum range as often as they like.
Old 20-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
Ogluk
Official Helper
Tree Surgeon

Ogluk has travelled far down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to Ogluk

Quote:
So conclusion is

People will quit unless they can constantly attack anyone within minimum range as often as they like.
People will quit if they have nothing they can actually do ingame ;o as what is the point of a game where you can't do anything. It'd effectively turn it into farmville with an attack every other day at best, sorry but that isn't attractive to anyone
R47 Slash and Burn
R45 Ackbar'sFlightSchool
R44 Attitude/Discworld
R42 Drunk In Public
R41 A Nag Ram
R40 Mo Dakka
R39 Al'Tuin Leader
R38 RiF
R37 dRAGE QUIT LEADER
R36 Comatose -> Comeuppance
R34 Funkytown
R33 NOMW -> Authentic
R32 KHaoS LEADER
R31 RRR/EF [deleted] Ailihphilia
R30 TDL LEADER
R29 BYOB LEADER
R28 YouSuck CO
R27 Pure-Solo Thief
Ogluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
CFalcon
Official Helper
Tree Surgeon

CFalcon is starting to catch people's eyesCFalcon is starting to catch people's eyes
Send a message via MSN to CFalcon

There are plenty of suggestions on forums that would actually reduce bashing, activity requirements, "unfairness", stagnation etc etc.

http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2270
http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3090
http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4803
http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4574
http://www.bushtarion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4673

None of them involve reducing possible targets (better sleep mode, higher attack ranges, more punishment for negative h/f).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFalcon
As has been said dozens of times, if you want to stop ragequitting from losing everything in a tick, then stop battles being so drastic. Don't just stop battles happening all together. That's a sure fast-trak to a completely dead game. We need *more* battles with *less* consequences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFalcon
So to sum up my thoughts, what I feel the game needs is more battles, which are ultimately what we derive fun from, and to bring this about we need less severe consequences for these battles in order to encourage them. This will result in activity being less vital, while time and effort will still be rewarded. It so happens that we already have mechanisms in place to reduce consequences and encourage battles. Bounty and insurance.

Of course, the real issue, the elephant in the room, is having an admin that gives a crap.
Moose-Samurai-Sadomasochism-Judgement-Tsunami-Leftovers-TheGovernment-Spiderpig-AverageJoes-Redemption-Salacious-KHaoS-Inimical-Chance-Enmity-KHaoS-NOMW-dRage Quit-Kleptomaniacs -Al'Tuin-TBA-PW-HeartCollectors
Lords of The North/Le Loup des Mers of Imperieuse/General Craufurd of the Light Division/The 95th Rifles/Darkshine/The Old Man of the Mountains/MK Ultra/Jarl Ragnar/Wyrd bid ful araed/Ultima Ratio Regum/Winter Is Coming/Forth Eorlingas/Now for Wrath. Now For Ruin
CFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #14
alwaysnumb
Head Gardener

It could restrict you to a few (say at least 4) attacks at 30%/day or more if you defend/attack honourably.
You could also make attack range lower than 30 but goes down real slowly as honour increases over time. So every few days it could be possible to attack at 25%.
Old 20-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #15
alwaysnumb
Head Gardener

How are we supposed to play Fantasy Bush suggestions when we get reminded that the Head Boss isnt around.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions