Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
  1. Steve_God
    26-10-2011 03:19 PM
    Steve_God
    Who knows :-/
  2. Steve_God
    12-06-2009 09:38 AM
    Steve_God
    A combination of things really... when all my mates started to turn 16, loads of them got 50cc bikes to get around on - I was tempted to get one then, but being one of the older ones in my year, it wasn't much longer to wait till I could get a car at 17, so I waited it out and got a car instead (as it was more practical at the time).
    Then even after I'd got a car, I still fancied getting a bike - but knew that I needed to wait till I'd calmed down a little as I was a right nutter is a car
    So then did my Advanced Motorists stuff for the car, and then did my motorcycle lessons after that. Initially it was only for fun, nothing else - but it also turned out to be VERY convenient for communting (even more so recently) and travelling too (going to Glastonbury on it in 2 weeks so I don't get stuck in the queues of traffic!)
  3. Weeble
    11-06-2009 11:07 PM
    Weeble
    That's been extremely helpful actually! Thanks very kindly! I'm still unsure whether or not to go for a bike or not... I definitely want a new car, just don't know if I should get a bike instead I may just do my CBT this Summer and see what it's like, if I enjoy it as much as I predict I will then I'll probably sway more towards the bike side of things... Why did you learn to ride a bike? Was it just more convenient with jobs/commuting/travelling etc?
  4. Steve_God
    11-06-2009 09:59 PM
    Steve_God
    Something like:
    Suzuki SV650s (with lower fairings) (mine)
    Suzuki GSX 600/650F
    Suzuki Bandit 600/650S
    Kawasaki ER-6F
    Honda CBF600s
    Yamaha FZ6 (Fazer)
    Yamaha XJ6 Diversion

To give an example, mine (being a V-twin engine) will do 0-60 in a touch over 3 seconds, and will still get to 140mph without too much effort
    (and tbh... when I used to race my mate who had the R6, it wasn't till after 80mph that his was any faster... before that he would just struggle to keep his front wheel down)
  5. Steve_God
    11-06-2009 09:59 PM
    Steve_God
    My first bike was the same that I got now - except it was restricted to 33bhp for the first year (I should've technically kept it in for 2 ).
    Tbh, having ridden an R6 a fair amount before (same league as a Ninja ZX6 and GSX-R600, you wouldn't want that much power in a first bike... the power they've got is too mental for a first bike. Especially when they'll get to 160/170mph without too much thinking on the motorway with a fully open throttle!
    The other reason why you might not want one of those SuperSports bikes, is that the insurance is LOT higher in comparison to a 'lesser tuned' bike.

If you want something that gives a sporty look (which from picking those bikes I'm guessing you do) with plenty of power to enjoy (without too much), you'll most likely want something from a 'Sports Tourer' category.

(Continued on next msg... damn message limit...)
  6. Weeble
    11-06-2009 09:22 PM
    Weeble
    What motorbike do you have btw? I've been genuinely considering getting one recently (CBT this Summer then direct entry when I'm 21) and don't honestly have a clue what to go for... I'd quite like a Kawasaki Ninja ZX or a Suzuki GSX-R...but I may be thinking way over the top here... What was your first bike?
  7. Weeble
    05-06-2009 12:17 PM
    Weeble
    Success!
  8. Steve_God
    05-06-2009 12:00 PM
    Steve_God
    LOL! I think we could come to an agreement on a loan period
  9. Weeble
    05-06-2009 11:44 AM
    Weeble
    Happy ending included. Tempted...?
  10. Steve_God
    05-06-2009 11:25 AM
    Steve_God
    Motorbike > bar of chocolate.

As for a free massage coupon... depends what level of service they provide lol!